1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC: Somethings up

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Sniper, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

It just seemed like another day for Ellen. She would go out, tend to the general chores of helping the main workers to clean up the stable and make sure the horse had fresh hay, check up on the general maintainence ... go to the local village to pick up supplies and once that is done, go to Aramil for further guidance in the ways of the ranger. Just one thing ... he hasn't left his quarters for a full day and night ... something is definetly up. Ah well, guess its a fine opportunity for her to test her skills to the limit. Just as she gets ready to leave and enter the forest, Aramil's voice calls out to her and Conan (who is a half-orc resident)

He tells her and Conan to take a 100gp each and purchase what equipment they desire from the local village and to return immedietly. Obviously something is up and it will involve her and Conan ... what a weird combination ... A half-orc and an elf ... well, Conan, has never bore any hatred for her ... actually pretty much the opposite. He seems to treat her like a good friend or sister ...

Eitherways, when Ellen and Conan get back, Aramil looks at Ellen with a smirk.

"You look a bit scant there ... but i see you have a big sword to compensate for that... no matter, I'm sure i can furnish you with some of my spare equipment... (looks at Conan) Ah good, i see you have bought what you feel suits your needs (smiles) Anyway, come with me i have important information to discuss... do what you must first then seek me in my quarters ... the ... study. It is unlocked ... see you there"

Aramil walks off and back into his quarters ...

Conan shrugs, grins a toothy grin and walks back over to his hut to unload his stuff and try on his new suit of armour. A satisfying grunt can be heard. Soon he emerges armoured up with his newly purchased Great Axe over his shoulder and walks casually over to Aramil's hut...

[ August 09, 2002, 02:19: Message edited by: Sniper ]

2. SC Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Ellen sighs. Buying her sword was expensive... But she didn't really care, for she knew, like her friend Conan, that something was up and it would involve and probably change her life severely... Like running from her parents.

Lyra walks in her tiny hut, and tests the feel of the sword in her hands. She swings it right, then left, like how her foster father had taught her. The feel was right, and the sword had been well balanced. She walked out and went to Aramil.

3. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Aramil greets Conan and Ellen as they enter and smiles at them beckoning them to sit on the stools available...There are various maps on his study table along with various vials filled with different liquids. Some looking rather revolting even. He looks at Ellen and Conan evenly...

"As you have guessed, something is up ... especially with me asking the both of you to purchase your desired equipment at the same time. Anyway, I need you to perform a task for me ... let me explain it now before anything else happens ..."

Aramil takes a deep breath and continues.

"As you know, i have been keeping the general activity of the goblins in check for the past half century after the last undead scourge... well the owls have reported increasing goblin activity up in the north and western ends of the woods ... along with some undead activity ... I have told the master of the village and he has rallied some militia as you may have noticed. But as the local protector of the village he has asked me to find out as much of the situation as possible... he says that if we can find out the as much information as possible, then it would be easier for him to muster a defence on also possibly a strike team with the help of mercenaries to purge the evil that is starting to invade the forest."

"So what you want us do?" Queries Conan.

"Well, I'll be scouting out the western region of Sleeper's Den (current forest - map will be sent soon etc.) and observing goblin and undead activity while I want you to approach the so called abandoned settlement to the north and retrieve what information you can ... paper work if there is any ... anything useful. The settlement size is no bigger then this and according to the owls, the only defence currently is a small contingment of goblins ... but thats just out o the grounds... inside the buildings we know not. I also think it would be a good opportunity for you to test yourselves... So yes, to make it clear, I want you to at the least retrieve as much information as you can. Kill all opposition you meet but obviously if they outnumber you badly, then don't encounter them ... But if possible search the buildings to see if they possess any information ... plans on upcoming events ... basically take what paper work you find ..."

Aramil then looks at Conan then Ellen in turn observing their equipment in more detail...
    "Conan, you look as if you have kitted yourself the way you have wanted ... Ellen ... I know that you are very quick and manouverable but experience has told me that you'll need armour and other equipment to make it through this... so, i guess i can give you some of my old equipment to help you hear ... but I can only give you a certain amount as i need some for the workers should we be attacked and all ... security and all that..."

Aramil hushes Ellen and Conan out of his study and closes his door. He keeps them waiting a few minutes and they hear a few shuffling noises. After a few minutes he re-opens the door and beakons them back in. Inside, a small pile of equipment is piled up in a corner of the small study.

"There ... here is just a small amount of my basic gear when i first started adventuring a good 100 years ago ... I'll let you take 5 pieces of your choice ... thats all that i can offer at the moment..."

The pile includes:-
    Backpack
    Lantern (common)
    Rope (hemp, 50ft)
    Leather armor
    Studded leather armor
    long sword
    Shortbow (17 arrows)
    Dagger
    1 pint of Oil (flint and box included)
    3 Torches
    1 wineskin (empty but can be refilled at Well)
    2 empty vials
    1 scroll/map case
    1 small wooden shield

"Once, you've chosen what you want, meet me outside ... I need to speak to you one last time before you embark on your mission ..."

[ August 10, 2002, 01:10: Message edited by: Sniper ]

4. SC Gems: 23/31

Ellen stares at the equipment. Finally she goes over and picks up the Leather Armor, Backpack, Rope, Dagger and Map Case. She fits her leather armor on and put the dagger on her belt. Then she carefully puts the rope and map case in the backpack. She ventures outside.

"Yes, Aramil?"

5. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Once Conan and Ellen leave his room, Aramil closes the door and some shuffling can be heard again - probably to put the equipment back from where he got it.

Ellen and Conan had only been waiting a few minutes when Aramil re-emerged from his quarter. In his hands, he held 4 translucent vials.

"Yes ... I figured that you may need some help in terms of in case you get wounded, so I've brought you each some light healing potions ... Try not to use them at a slight scratch ... only if you need too really. Trust me, these little beauties have aided me many a time when i was younger ... I don't need them so much now... anyway, take these and I wish you the best of luck ... The camp is just north of here ... say, roughly an hours travel through the forest or by the road. Its up to you how you wish to travel ... They should be clear of threats ... but yes, if you see any goblins, do not hesitate to take them out unless of course the odds are against you ... I wish you all the best and remember to try and retrieve those plans as best you can! And I wish you my blessings. Be safe!"

Aramil gives Conan and Ellen each 2 of the vials and turns back into his quarters.

Conan turns to Ellen
    "So, what do we do now? I mean, which way you want go? I follow. I no mind which way we go."

Ooc: I'll send you an e-mail with the maps tomorrow ... or later today when i can.

[ August 12, 2002, 00:22: Message edited by: Sniper ]

6. SC Gems: 23/31

Ellen looks at the map in her hands.

"Alright, Conan. We'll stay off the pass, so we avoid anyone's wondering eyes. We'll tackle this abandoned settlement, and move towards the mines from there. After we search through the mines we can go... Go to the elf community."

Ellen starts off throught the underbushes.

[ August 13, 2002, 14:22: Message edited by: S Goddess ]

7. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Conan looks slightly confused.

"Mines? Elf community? Aramil no say about that ... but we see how it go. Now we go..."

Conan follows Ellen into the undergrowth. Their time is spent mostly trying to find the easiest route through the undergrowth.

Time passes and it seems uneventful...Until they encounter a boar. Soon a fierce battle ensued and the boar gored Ellen badly. Conan wasted the boar with a mighty swipe of his Great Axe. After healing herself, Ellen and Conan continued. Within a few more hours they reached the glade only to find that it is guarded by some goblins. 2 of them hidden in undergrowth surveying the road. Ellen creeped up behind the nearest one and tried to grapple it but made a poor attempt. The goblin, alerted yells out for re-inforcements but is killed before they arrive.

Ellen seeing that more goblins are coming runs back to Conan while he fires off arrows and takes up Conan's shortbow so that he may do battle with his Great Axe! He charges into the goblins and beheads on of them while Ellen picked off one at range... The remaining goblins now angry turn all their attacks onto Conan. They disable him within a matter of seconds and advance on Ellen... She is able to hold them off and kills 2 leaving the last one remainng while Conan drinks a potion of curelight wounds. Before the last goblin could act, Conan was on him and almost returned the favour of reducing him to the ground but Ellen finished the job.

2 battles hard fought and Ellen and especially Conan are bleeding and tired from their battle ... Conan wonders if there are any more goblins left...

"Hey Ellen, you think there more Goblin? Maybe we search dead ones ... see what we find. Then we decide what to do from there ... what you think?"

750xp for both Conan and Ellen

[ August 14, 2002, 00:19: Message edited by: Sniper ]

8. SC Gems: 23/31

Ellen wipes some blood from her mouth with her sleeve.

"Come on Conan, let's search this place," she says as turns to walk toward their camp. She spits saliva mixed with blood on the dead goblin's body.

Ellen looks around the camp to find any clues about the gathering of goblins and undead.

9. Sniper Gems: 28/31

"Okay Ellen ... But first we search body of goblin corpse ... maybe they find useful item?"

The corpses are searched for a grand total of 8 copper pieces and luckily two more healing potions ... they were clearly labeled by the goblins in common. The weapons they had were rusted and worn ... almost typical goblin weaponary.

Ellen and Conan press on and look wearily into the camp ... everything seems silent but there is an uncertain air about the place...

10. deBhaal Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

((my joining of this ;) ))

A loud grumbling can be heard, in a deep guttural tone is heard from the left of the center of the camp. Ellan and Conan, pause, wondering if they should press foreward in the wounded state they are in.

"Finally!" Is heard, and Ellen see's a bedraggled man of a little taller than medium height, who looks up and see's the two standing in the middle of the base, "Ye were abit lucky perhaps?"

((not much, but you two can work from it :) ))

11. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Conan looks puzzled.

(A man trapped here? How? He must explain himself later ...)

"Who you? Come here quick ... place still dangerous maybe?"

Conan remembers his pain and gulps down another healing potion while waiting for a response ...

ooc: back up to 10hp S_Goddess as witness

12. deBhaal Gems: 11/31

"Who am I?"
    "Bah, I'm a traveller who was off to find whatever I could find. And what is that, ye ask... Obviously it was a bunch of goblins who dont know what it is to fight fair!"

He sizes up the two, noting the bows and the Greataxe on the big guy. But his looks are more concidering as if he were determining if these two were safe to travel with.
    "Ye wouldnt happen to need an extra traveling companion? Would ye?"

Without waiting for an answer he speaks again "a'Course ye do," and smiles charismatically. He turns and begins digging through the weapons piles and wandering around the campgrounds looking for acouple things.

13. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Cona is alittle dumbstruck ... then slightly suspicious... (charisma roll of 6 for Debhaal I was witness)

"How we know you no liar? Maybe Goblin set us up ... maybe they get you help them. You walk around base as if you know Goblin no attack ... there maybe more goblin about but you no care ... who are you? What you name? Why you come this way before goblin ambush?"

14. deBhaal Gems: 11/31

"Why did I come this way!? I did not 'come' this way as you so quaintly put it, I was drug this way from I dont know how far away!"

He continues looking around still hunting for his weapon and armor, muttering to himself. "Blasted Goblins probly ran off with them then got killed!"

"And as to why Im wandering around the base as if 'I know there arent any Goblins around' why are you standing in the middle of their base when you dont know if there are any around!"

He stops and looks back at them, noticing they are still standing in the same place. "How many did you kill?!"

((roll:12 on listen check DC 10. Witness: Sniper, check for: sounds of battle))

[ August 15, 2002, 03:16: Message edited by: Cade Strai ]

15. SC Gems: 23/31

ooc: Really, Sniper! Just because deBhaal rolled a 6, doesn't mean there's no use in rolling a Sense Motive check.

Ellen frowns at the traveller. He seemed too friendly and over confident. "It is obvious you are a half-elf, kinsman to me. And how should I trust you when you haven't even given your name yet? And if you really want to know, we killed 6 of those filthy beasts."

[ August 15, 2002, 15:22: Message edited by: S Goddess ]

16. deBhaal Gems: 11/31

Hes still hunting through all the stuff wondering where his spear and armor are.
    ((Sniper it might be a good idea to tell me when i find them :p ))

"Name? Oh, yeah" He turns back to them. "You said you killed 6!? Hmm, that would leave five or so give or take acouple!! And that blasted Orc." He seems to be muttering to himself about all this.

((Acctually, as far as I know, he doesnt have any ultierior motives, he jsut has a very odd way of answering questions :D :) ))

[ August 15, 2002, 23:22: Message edited by: Cade Strai ]

17. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Cade Stri eventually decides to look into the armory and finds his equipment stashed in a corner. All the other weaponary seems basic and rusted and the armour well worn. He dones his equipment and comes back outside.

Conan looks slightly bewildered.
    "We got more fight? another 5 or 6? that no good. Unless we have more healing potion ... and not fight them in big numbers... You want join us for awhile? Help us clear up mess then we take you back to base awhile ... see what happen from there ... our father may want speak to you ..."

Conan turns to Ellen.
    "We already secure armoury building because that guy who still hasn't told us name went in and out ... what about that other building next to it?"

ooc: on maps, armoury is the bottom left rectangle building and the one conan is pointing to is the bottom right one.

18. deBhaal Gems: 11/31

"Hey, dont exclude me from conversation!!"

He wanders over to where they are.
    "Hmm, Im forgetting something now arent I?"

He stops and thinks a breif moment.
    "Oh-yeah ... my name, could have sworn I told ye my name somewhere back there ... Ohwell, Im Cade Strai, and you are?"

He mutters softly..
    "And they call me rude, havent even introduced themselves to me either!"

((couldnt resist that little twist at the end ;) ))

19. Sniper Gems: 28/31

"Me is Conan and she is Ellen. We need secure base here ... we want secure that building ... make sure no goblins ... you want come check? We need all help right now ... I ready to go now, you two tell me when ready ..."

20. SC Gems: 23/31

"Welcome then, Cade Stri. Conan and I have come from the small village behind us. We need more information on the gatherings of goblinoids and undead. 'Tis unnatural to find such a gathering, but it must be done and our foster father has taken advantage of our training to send us to gather things in this area. Considering we are only 2, a third would indeed be welcome. Somehow, I think I have enough sense to trust you." Ellen says, smiling a bit. "Come then, and let no goblins escape alive."

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.