1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC: The Trial of the Warehouse three

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Erran, Jul 26, 2001.

1. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Wed night online: Jakob gave himself up and was placed in the cells. The others entered the courtroom and took their places. Majikus was the first case. He was found guilty of being drunk and disoderly and was sentanced to 6 hours in the stocks.
    The main case of murder against Barent, with Knomal and Jakob as conspirators was next. The prosecution called the clerk, who told how Barent had killed the defenseless guard and Miss deKrynn in an attempt to steal the wagon of furs. A priest of Lathander testified how Barent radiated an aura of evil.
    The defence called the guard to tell that Sashone leaves had been found on deKrynn. Then Sanual to tie the poisoning of Delver to Miss deKrynn, next they called Mercie, the bardmaid at the Bright Blade, to testify that deKrynn was with Delver just before he died. Under brutal cross examination from the prosecution her evidence was shaken. Finaly they called Ned to tie deKrynn to the murder of Oliver.
    Judge duBarry was on the point of throwing all this evidence out as irrelevant, as no motive for deKrynn committing murder had been shown.
    Then Knomal remembered something, that deKrynn was trying to get her hands on a 'kiira'.
    The judge called an ajournment to consult with a higher authority.

Nicely roleplayed: 100xp each to the defence team of Jakob, Knomal and Xalen.

[This message has been edited by Erran (edited July 26, 2001).]

2. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] It is now 3 hours into his time in the stocks and he is feeling weary... the crowd has died down and Majikus is thankful for that...

"By the son of my father! I thought this was going to be bad! But yet i find it nothing more than soft fruits and a bit of saliva!"
    With this, Majikus starts laughing to himself. His laughing gets louder and louder until a few by passers notic and wonder why he is laughing...

"This'll shut i'm up!" whispered one of the bypassers as he took out a rotten apple which was still hard. With careful aim the bypasser throws it at Majikus shouting "Laugh at this!"

A moment laughter...*Thump*
    Silence for a split-second...
    "OOOWWWCCHHH!!!!! Who in diablo's hell did that eh? You think your hard do ya? Well you're a wimp! Throwing things a t a poor defencless la-" *Thump*
    "OW!"
    "Now shut up you gas bag! before we all get a stone and paint it red!"
    Majikus remained silent wishing so much that he could hold his forehead and shin...

3. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

As the prisoners are led back to the cells Jakob's mind turns over what he has heard so far. He had not realised quite how easy it would be for Petigrew to dismiss their evidence, and sorely wished that he had lain low like Pimm had. Hopefully Knomal's (ooc it was Knomal that knew about the ter'kiina I can't even spell it ;) ) news would put the trial in their favour, but it would still be an idea to take precautions. When he thinks the guard will not overhear, he leans toward Barent and whispers "Comrade, I saw you making armour in your cell, could you get me a small leather band to fit around my arm under my sleeve..."

4. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Xalen stands outside the courthouse, thankful the fiasco of earlier today is over with, at least for now. He has been taken aback by a feeling of utter lonliness. It would seem that he and Thomas are the only ones left who can help the accused. Three of his newfound companions are held prisoner; one is in hiding. That mage who might very well be of some use is being pelted by rotten fruit. The gods only know where those two elves from the inn might be. And still after presenting the court with all they had found abuot that DeKrynn woman, the defendants might be in no better shape now for all their troubles. If only there were a concrete way to link DeKrynn to the kiira. And surely that lying clerk has some interest in all of this still.

Xalen leans against the stone building, watching the crowds disperse, trying to come up with some other plan of action. And yet he's at a loss, his mind tired and dejected from the events during the trial. Tired of standing still, he walks over to the stocks holding Majicus. Placing a boot up of the platform and leaning forward, he asks in a low voice, "How are you holding up, mage. Keep the faith, for you this will all be over soon enough."

5. herf Guest

"Of curs me new fund friend, anything ye like, just dinnae tell the guards who gave ye it when ye get caught, alse theyrel be hell tae pay..." Barent whipsered roughly to Jakob

6. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Majikus looks up at Xalen...

"I'm fine...i've always wondered what it'd be like to be in the stocks and now i know...its not really thatbad when you think about it...at least the juices spluttering all of your face keeps you far from thirsty but by the life of the dead! It is damn slow going! I just can't wait to be release from this! But pray, tell me, how do you fare my friend?"

*WACK* Another explodes as it hits Majikus's face.
    "just them wait graghnargh!!"

7. Erran Gems: 19/31

"Oyez, oyez, the court will now reconvene!" The town crier announced. All retook their places and the prisoners were brought up once more. Judge duBarry entered with a thoughtful expression on his face.
    "The prosecution, defence and prisoners will come to me chambers immediately" he announced flatly. A buzz ran around the public gallery - what could this mean?

They entered the judges private chambers.
    "I have spoken with Petigrew. In the light of new developments, the city of Silverymoon is dropping all charges against you three. All references to kiira are striken from the record. It is known as 'a gem'. There is someone who would like to speak to you."

A woman entered, veiled and wearing an exquisite violet gown embroidered with moons and stars. She was flanked by a man in robes and a man wearing the shiniest plate they had ever seen. DuBarry and Petigrew bowed almost to the floor. As she began to speak she radiated an aura of such serenity and goodness that Barent's bowels turned to water and he felt like fleeing as fast as his legs would carry him.
    "The city of Silverymoon is grateful ..." she began.

8. ayecapitan Guest

Is she... Is she... No... That cannot be... But she is... Knomal mumbled, his eyes wide open when the woman entered, Lady Alustriel?

He bowed low and stood silent, unable to say a word...

9. Erran Gems: 19/31

The woman heard Knomals muttering and chuckled.
    "Well, you might say I have the High Lady's ear. But as I was saying, the City is grateful that you have brought this gem to our attention, even though your methods were 'unorthodox' to say the least. It is a gem of great peril, for if it fell into the wrong hands the safety of the Silver Marches would be in danger. That will not happen, a party of Harpers will convey it to Evermeet, to its rightful owner.
    That leaves me with a problem, however. With them gone and so many others at Hellgate Keep, I have no-one to check on the other matter.
    The second letter found on Miss deKrynn tells of a meeting with a buyer for the gem, for 1000gp. Foolish woman, it is worth much more than that! My question is, would you be prepared to carry out this meeting? I can spare a platoon of Knights in Silver to follow you at a safe distance. How say you?

10. herf Guest

"well m'lady i dinnae know if i can speak true fer my friends but im plenty up fer it if theres some *ahem* jink involved, what say ye?"

11. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Ooc: when may i leave stocks? I mean...how many more hours are left or are they assumed to have all gone and i can now be set free?

12. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31

Jakob followed the others in bowing low before the lady, but internally he burned with resentment at the grovelling. As she spoke her offer, he was clear that he could not accept. He could not work for the established order, particularly not for the elven part of the established order. His work before was for exposing the corruption among merchants, and for his friends whose lives had been threatened through his carelessness. But how to refuse, for all he knew this woman had the power to have him executed if he came across as disrespectful or rebellious.... He rose and strung together what he hoped would be a tactful refusal. "I... haha... am sorry milady, but I fear I must decline. I only wished to expose the true perpetrators of a murder I had witnessed, and ... um, heheh, ... am afraid I am most unstuitable for the task you have in mind. I am sure whomever you hire to accomplish this would be entirely capable without my assistance. Indeed, errr...I would likely be a hinderance..."

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited July 28, 2001).]

13. Erran Gems: 19/31

OoC It's noon, so Majikus has another 3 hours to gp

IC "I appreciate your candor, master gnome. You may leave us and I thank you for your contribution."

14. ayecapitan Guest

Knomal took a moment to think about what he just heard. Utter chaos was in his thoughts, but some things bothered him indeed.

He whispered to the dwarf: "You owe her your stinking life! How dare you ask for any reward?"

He adressed the lady next.
    "I have some doubts. An hour ago we were about to be executed for double murder, and citizens would question your decision of letting us free... I would prefer to leave Silverymoon immediately for the sake of my own skin, but..."

Knomal took a pause and looked at his companions. Neved did he imagine such an outcome of this case. He had just been saved from certain death. More, he had just been offered a task connected with tel'kiira!

"...I am at your service."

15. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Xalen follows suit and bows before the lady, however he never takes his eyes off of the woman now her obviously powerful companions. Something is definately not right, he thinks to himself. They did manage to fairly well expose the DeKrynn woman, but it would seem that there is some larger coverup here than meets the eyes. This government would have had to know of the Kirra and it's possible sale if a letter of such was found on the dead ladies body. Yet only now that this information has been brought to light to the public has the wrong against his comapanions been set right. And now the three who were about to be exicuted are suddenly heroes of Silvery Moon. Xalen feels something is terribly wrong here, yet unless he plays along with this woman, he will not know what is going on. Could she have anything to do with the trouble that has been brought against him in the last two days. The only way for him to know, he decides, is to play along with this game. Besides, he could very well get something out of this whole mess eventually if he keeps this up.

"I would be interested in doing *anything* I could to help this city, my Lady. Though of course I would have to know a bit more before I could simply run off and pose as a buyer of such a powerful, as you say, "gem". However, I'm willing to help, if that's what you wish"

Even as those words leave his mouth, Xalen already develops a bad taste in it.

16. Erran Gems: 19/31

Now that Jakob had left, the lady spoke to Barent.
    "Master dwarf, you will be rewarded with 100gp each if you are successful, and you will have the gratitude of the High Lady. I leave you to judge which is of higher value."
    Turning to the others:
    "I must ask you all to swear by whatever god you revere to keep this information to yourselves. The gem is indeed a kiira, and not just any kiira. It is a kiira of the House Echorn, it contains knowledge of some of the wards of Myth Drannor. If that were to fall into the wrong hands you can imagine the consequences. As we speak it is on its way to the Isle of Evermeet.
    For your part, I would like you to dress as Miss deKrynn, the clerk and the guard. Others of your group may conceal themselves beneath the furs on the wagon. Travel to the appointed place and meet with this mysterious buyer. Keep them talking as long as you can, so that the Knights have time to arrive. In case of danger, sound this horn I give you. One other small problem, unless you know of a woman willing to take part, one of YOU will have to dress up as deKrynn!"

17. herf Guest

"Thank ye mulady and i fink the ladys satisfied gaze is payment enough," the Dwraf said "but the money is an added bonus." he added quickly, fearing the money would be forfeited."
    To his companions: "Well lads im teh short and stocky tah be the woman, harhar, id be de orc halfcast bastard, i think i suit the role quite well eh?" he proclaimed with a smile on his face, "So one of yeh are deh woman! harhar, gonna keep me up all night dis is!" Before the party can decide who has to dress up as miss deKrynn Barent slips out to go and buy 5gp's worth of merchandise for making hide armour...

Ooc: do we get any experience for the whole court ordeal? i think we deserve it =)
    and what exactly is this gem? ive never heard of it, or did sumone just make it up?

[This message has been edited by herf (edited July 28, 2001).]

18. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31

Jakob leaves the building, taking time to look around and enjoy the sensation of being free, even if after less than a day's captivity. He thinks to himself that his refusal may possibly have been too hasty, that he could be missing out on a chance to get deeper towards the heart of some grand conspiracy. It may even have been the chance he had dreamed of, to expose corruption of an epic scale beneath the civilised veneer of Faerunian upper class society. He cursed himself for his rashness, but he had spoken now - and that lady certainly couldn't expect him to jump to her bidding merely because of her noble birth and material wealth. He walked back to the Bright Blade Brandished, to recover his possesions from Thomas and make enquiries about where he could find cheap accommodation and a supply of uncut gemstones.

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited November 03, 2001).]

19. Erran Gems: 19/31

"Be at the Crimson Serpent Warehouse at dawn tomorrow if you are ready to undertake this task. Here, Knomal, take miss deKrynn's clothes and personal possesions too. One of her rings seems to be one of climbing, the other is just an ornate ring. The small bottle contains a potion of invisibility. I give you also this gem. It looks like the kiira and I have placed a dweomer on it so it appears to be magic, but it is not. Go now, and may Mystra watch over you."

They returned to court and Judge duBarry announced publicly that all charges had been dropped and they were free.

Thomas clapped them on the shoulders and congratulated them. They returned to 'The Bright Blade' where they found Myrdock in high spirits too.
    "Well done, my buckoes, they've declared my ale safe to drink, the first round is on me! Here's 100gp Master Xalen to distribute how you see fit, and the next 5 days lodging is on the house. Mercie was kept very busy serving drink.
    Thomas joined in the celebrations, and winked at Knormal: "Well my friend, it looks like we need to find a woman, if you know what I mean!"
    Over in the market square, a watchman released Majikus. "Let that be a lesson, young 'un" he growled.

OoC 50 xp to Barent. Read previous threads for info on the Kiira, especially the Shoppe in Crooked Lane.
    Good time for newcommers to jump in!

20. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Ooc: Can i leave the stocks now? or am i still stuck there?

Majikus wonders what is at this very moment happening...he doesn't even know if his new found friends are hanging from a rope or if they are still in court fighting for their freedom...

"Nuts! I want my familiar with me! Dang! Thats a pain!"

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.