1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC The Wanderers Return

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Erran, Jul 9, 2001.

1. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Thomas sat down in a chair and summarised for the others what they had learned:
    "It seems our red haired lady friend may have been one jump ahead of us. We found Oliver murdered in his own shop, the weapon was a hairpin. I was keeping watch outside, I think I caught a glimpse of a figure moving on the rooftops, but then I lost 'em. We have a name: 'Magenta', and Xalen has a book which may provide a clue. Now, has anyone any ideas about what we should do next?"

OoC: 50 xp each to Knomal and Xalen for their 'detective work' so far. (these are of course 'unofficial' xps and will not be carried forward into the real NWN.)

Ooops, Ned (not Neb) says sorry!

[This message has been edited by Erran (edited July 09, 2001).]

2. ayecapitan Guest

"I think not that Oliver knew more than we do of the mysterious lady", said Knomal.

After a short pause he summoned the serving lass and with a smile asked for a glass of water, hoping not to be charged a coin for such a minor treat.

"The lady uses strange ways to kill people. Poison first", shasshone leaf, he remembered the mumbling of a drunken man, "then a hairpin. The one who brew the poison might know of her, but we know not of him..."

He noted that his cloak was still tucked into his belt and quickly arranged the cloth on its place.

"What is 'shasshone leaf', where does this leaf grow?" Knomal asked Thomas in hope the bard might know more of nature than the rogue himself.

OoC I beg you, the name's Knomal... :(

3. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Xander thinks to himself then replies, "Ask around the city, the persons probably local, and take the hairpin it may be recognized."
    He then gets off the table, sits in a chair and submerges himself in thought. He has a revelation of sorts, "Still in the city, the murderer is still in the city, lets leave now so we have a chance to find them, Oliver isn't even cold yet. the murderer hasn't had enough time to flee."

4. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Xalen sits down at a table with Knomal and takes out the book he acquired from the dead Master Oliver. As he flips through the pages, he scans his mind for some possible leads in this situation. Thinking back the origional murder, Xalen perhaps comes upon a course of action.

"Knomal, when we found the first dead body here in the Inn, he had a letter on him from the purveyor off certain *questionably* acquired elven artifacts. Now, the letter said that he should meet with their usual contact or perhaps go between in Waterdeep in tenday. Perhaps if we could somehow find out who this mysterious contact is, we could uncover a path that might at least take us the the supplier of said goods, or perhaps the the killer herself."

As Xalen strokes his goatie as Knomal thinks about his idea, something else pops into his head. "Also, since you seem to be, shall we say, skilled in the *ahem* thieving arts, perhaps you would know of a local guild where we could find out some information on this mysterious woman?"

5. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

Xander, not feeling to well, realizes he wouldn't be to much help in his current condition so he attempts to cast heal on himself, and thinks back to trying to figure out who could be the murderer, "what about the woman that was with the dead man before he was quite so dead?"

6. Erran Gems: 19/31

"You all raise good points, but alas I know nothing of leaves, that is more for druids and rangers. Then of course there is the token with the serpent design, perhaps that may tell us something?
    Meanwhile, Xalen my friend, may I examine the book?" Thomas had noticed a bookmark in it. Turning to that page he read alound the passage which related to the Tel'Kiira or elven lore gems, repositories of ancient wisdom each keyed to a particular high elf family of Myth Drannor.

A man wearing robes with the crest of Silverymoon walked up to the bar and spoke to the bartender, then left. Sadly the barman covered his pumps.
    "Sorry folks, no more ale tonight. My barrels have been quarantined until they get to the bottom of the poisoning."

[This message has been edited by Erran (edited July 09, 2001).]

7. ayecapitan Guest

To Xalen: "Doubt I do that there is a guild in Silverymoon... Too much order and peace dwells around here. In Calimport to make one step in the wind direction meant to stumble upon a thieving guild, but here... There was a letter spoke of Tadman Delver, who, methinks, might be dead soon, considering what has happened. We shall try to find him quickly if we want to speak to him in person, not in spirit."

He turned to Thomas:
    "I've heard of kiira that was destroyed in Waterdeep lately. Is it not true that those who are not of elven blood cannot benefit from the qualities of the stone?"

8. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

The gnome, Jakob, who had sidled over to the small group whilst they were talking spoke up.
    "You seem to have come to an odd conclusion there, friends," he said, " as far as I recall the letter was sealed with the same seal our murdered man bore , so would he not be the signatory, this Tadman Delver? My friend, Garacaius, and I intend to help solve this mystery. I suggest that we ask at the coachhouses and stables for word of our friends coming from or going to Waterdeep. Also I think we ought to hire a rider to get a message to this man's friend. He may be in danger, and is the only person we know who could inform the man's family."

9. Erran Gems: 19/31

To Jakob: "I think you may be correct, the letter had not been opened, so it may not have been sent, which would make Tadman Delver our first corpse?"

To Knomal: "Indeed, it tells here that anyone not of elven blood who tries to use a Kiira will be driven mad or killed. The only human ever to succesfully wear one is Elminster, the chosen of Mystra. But that might not stop someone trying, a kiira could hold 3000 years of knowledge."

10. ayecapitan Guest

Knomal spoke up in a gruff voice, pointing a finger at where the man lied some time ago.
    "I knew not of the seal. If he's the sender then he probably knows much. If I was not so low on coin, I'd propose to hm... pay a priest to... interrogate this one's spirit, but I'm low on coin, indeed."

He recalled the facts he knew of the elven gems. The hereditary precious items were of great power and value, and Knomal put his next point:
    "If some human hunting for kiira, than he must be a person of great power to put himself on such a task... And he probably is a mage. But we know not if he's human... Finding the lady asassin might be really rewarding in information here... But might be not. The one who brewed the poison might know of her. And poison-makers sit in the sewers, to my best knowledge, but this city's different, it is..." He yawned and thought of having a good sleep.

[This message has been edited by ayecapitan (edited July 10, 2001).]

11. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

Xander, seeing this may well be worth the adventure even if it proves lil profit, asks, "are there any thieves here? If so then we may be able to put your skills to the test, seeing as how we need some coin. Remember its usually easier to lift an item worth a lot than it is to pick multiple pockets for their coin and not get caught."

12. Erran Gems: 19/31

OoC: The body has been removed by the Knight in Silver. See Roleplay Corner, page 2.

"Gentlemen, the hour is late and no more ale will be served this night. I suggest we retire to our beds, prepare such spells as we may and rise early on the morn to solve this mystery. Agreed?"

[This message has been edited by Erran (edited July 11, 2001).]

13. Crawl Gems: 23/31

"Aye. I must agree," Xalen says as he streches and grasps his lower back. Seeing a few questionable stares from the other patrons, Xalen quickly adds,"not that that little run in the Dales tired me out of course. I simply think perhaps we'd all think better with a clearer head in the morning."

Xalen packs up his book on Elven artifacts for perhaps a bit of evening reading before he retires to a bed for the evening. As Xalen stands, he suddenly realizes he doesn't have anywhere to sleep this evening as of yet. Looking aroud a bit at the sea of unfamiliar faces, he walks to Thomas' side and as he leans down, he asks quietly, "Ahem, my bard friend. Would you perhaps know a *reasonable priced* place to bed for the evening? I've heard little fact or fiction about this place, as I was only passing through from my grandfather's funeral in Waterdeep, and, quite honestly, I know noone here to ask."

14. Erran Gems: 19/31

15. ayecapitan Guest

Not wanting to spend a night in the inn, Knomal decided to go sightseeing over the city of Silverymoon. He decided to visit the Moonbridge and nose around the other city districts to get more acquainted with the situation, and maybe meet some nocturnal people. He had no hopes that anyone would accompany him and just headed straight to the exit, not saying a word. The dog followed, with a puzzled look on its canine face.

16. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Jakob looks alarmed. "Ummm, with all due respect sir, if we were wanting to send a message to the gentleman, I would want to do it immediately. He may be in great danger." Jakob pauses, " Even so, a rider may not reach him in time. Do you know of any swifter means to get a message to him - carrier pigeon perhaps? Alas, I am unaware of the price of such things, but I imagine that if we had to hire a rider specifically the cost would be prohibitive. If I am to send a message, I would need to know the name of the gentleman, which, curse my memory, I have forgotten, and directions to an establishment I could send it from."

17. Erran Gems: 19/31

Thomas scratches his head: "Jakob, are you talking about the man in Waterdeep? That's a tenday journey from here. It would take powerful magic indeed to get a message there. But if the letter hasn't been delivered, surely no deal has been done with him?"

18. Crawl Gems: 23/31

OOC: Heh, all those links are broken right now at least. But, since I'm first to retire, I got dibs on the single room farthest from the stairs near whereever the end of the hall is. Blasted room rents. How bout a discount rate since we are trying to help out the innkeep here ;)

"Thank you, Thomas. I'm sure I'll find these accomidations most, well, *passable*."

With that, Xalen walks to the barkeep, and waves a few silver pieces in front of the downtroden man's eyes. Imediatly, they spring to life as he pays for a single room for the evening. Xalen climbs the stairs and steps in to look at his accomidations. "Passable," he thinks to himself as he removes his armor and cloak and lights a bedside candle before colapsing onto the bed and wearily pulling out the book he had procured before at the now late Sir Oliver's shop. He begins to read up on the Tel'Kiira, hoping to add whatever he can to his knowledge of all things magical. An infatuation, to be sure. But perhaps something he learns will be usefull one day. Within a few minutes, though, the day's travelling and adventuring takes it's toll on him, and he is fast asleep for the evening.

19. ayecapitan Guest

Knomal walked the streets with his feathered hat off, dog at his side. He tried to be as quiet as lurking panther, to avoid the attentions of Knights who carried out the watch in the night.
    Silverymoon was known to him as a haven of all magical, led by the most powerful wizard. His excitement overwhelmed his need for rest, as Knomal considered the possible outcomes of his visit to the city. From his early childhood magic fascinated the man, and his decision was to devote himself to the study of arcane, which was the reason of his visit to Silverymoon.
    In some time Knomal arrived to the docks and settled in shadows, looking out for anything or anyone suspicious.

"There must be dark minds, even in the city as bright as this one," whispered he to the dog, "and dark minds hold a lot of answers..."

20. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

Xander, not exactly comfortable with staying away from nature so long, decides to go just out of town and spend the night in a tree.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.