1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC: Tue/Sun no America - Intrigue in Everlund

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Baldak Oakfist, Sep 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

8 Eleint

The morning came too soon for Pimm, and not soon enough for Pheldas. Breakfast was had by all, and the group set out for the Bent Bow. They arrived at Bell Market just as the merchants were setting up their tables, and Pheldas hurried over to the Bent Bow, a shop on the edge of the market. He purchased a crossbow and a score of bolts, the cross bow being a master work. He then exited the shop, not noticing the halfling following him. The red hat and blue boots alerted Pimm who was on the lookout for this halfling. The Halfling led the group to a house nearby, and once inside revealed his identity. It was Phineous Fingers. He had been tailing them since Quaevarr. Elviendra, not wanting to get involved in any more of this intrigue, slipped away, but not before Phineous stole the map that Lord Jullian had given to her. Phineous then informed the remaining four that they were being followed by agents of the Zhentarim, assassins to be exact. They had gotten themselves mixed up in a power play that was being orchestrated by Serena Novamyst. One involving the Drow, the Zhentarim, and the Shade Lords. The Zhentarim believed that the group still possessed the gem that the drow was seeking. At this point he offered an alternative to confronting the Zhent Agents. They could escape through the sewers, and he would meet them outside of town where the sewers emptied into the river. Not seeing an alternative, they agreed. Phineous was true to his word, and when the party emerged from the sewer, Phineous was there with a rope to help them climb out. Phineous asked to join the group, and was accepted in. He had acquired new horses for the party, including a war pony for himself. The party then set off for Jalanthar.

Along the route to Jalanthar, they were assaulted by two Ankhegs, which breeched less than 10 feet in front of them. Calin and Phineous were hit by the acid spit, but both managed to dive off their horses, taking only a partial hit. Phineous pulled out his short bow, and fired a quick shot at the Ankhegs, but the arrow bounced off the beast harmlessly. Pheldas cast Mage Armor on Pimm, and Pimm cast Doom on one of the Ankhegs. One of the Ankhegs managed to bite Calin, and he went down. Xalen then jumped in and took his place, swinging his bastard sword, but missing. Phineous then slapped the rear of his war pony, causing it to lunge forward toward the Ankhegs. he then dragged Calin’s body toward Pimm. Pheldas cast Mage Armor on Xalen, and Pimm cast Cure Light Wounds on Calin. The Ankhegs seized the Pony and dragged it beneath the surface. Xalen threw Calin’s body over his horse, tied him on, and the party rode off, thankful that the Ankhegs were satisfied with the pony, and not more.

The group arrived in Jalanthar, seeing the battle torn village, and wondering what they were in for. They entered the local inn, The Cockatrice, and settled down for the evening.

Each member received 100 exp.

2. The Word Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Through a white haze of pain, Calin couldn't remember much at all. He fuzzily recalled the bite of acid, then a sharp pain in his midsection. Trying to remember, he drifts away into a deep sleep.

[This message has been edited by The Word (edited September 13, 2001).]

3. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Xalen looks down at the elf and then back up at Pimm. "Better get him some healing soon. We'll need another strong fighter if the stories we've heard about Orcish hordes in the Pass are true." Xalen nudges the fallen elf with his boot. "He's alive enough for now, but agaist whatever perils await us, we need him ready for a bloody battle indeed." Xalen nods at Pimm and heads over to the barkeep. He waves his arms and the barkeep comes over, looking rather suprised by the group of outsiders. "We'll likely need a place of rest for the evening. We have an injured elf here...ran into some Ankegs a ways back...I'm sure you understand. I've got a few questions. We need rooms, meals, and supplies. Can you provide those, my good man?" Xalen flashes a few coin to show he is serious. "Oh, and also...we are to be heading through the Moon Pass soon. We might well need the services of a guide. Whom might you recommend?"

4. Skedaddle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

While Xalen tries to get information from the barkeep, Pheldas spoke silently to Pimm.
    "We are in a quite a situation here. Elf does need healing, but methinks he is not about to die now... But we are to take precautions if we want to keep our hides whole. Some experiences have proven that the simple spell of magical armor does indeed aid in battle, and I suggest protecting ourselves afore getting into wilderness or places of danger; unfortunately, I can make the enchantment last for about two hours only." The mage held a pause. "That be not the end. It is not wise to spend magical energies to harm others, and I am always willing to avoid battle," he lowered his eyes, "so I suggest we agree on our actions in the case where every next slash of a sword at the foes might cost us our lives. Life is not worth losing in rage."

5. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31

The Innkeeper looks at Xalen with a cautious eye, but upon seeing the gold, he begins to speak. "Well, if it is a nice bed to sleep in, or supplies for the road, you've come to the right place, I have all of those. As for the Guide, there is always one around here, sometimes more than one. This town is full of them. All you have to do is ask just about anyone who lives around here.

6. Xenecor Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

In the far corner of the Inn, a hooded figure listens in on a conversation between the barkeep and an armored man inquiring about a guide. Apparently he has been in some battle and is accompanied by several men, one of them wounded. The hooded figure carefully approaches the man at the barkeep and introduces herself. "I believe you are in need of a guide for an upcoming journey. I wish to offer you my services.... I am Talia Verathalyn, Druid and half-elf, native to Jalanthyr."

[This message has been edited by Xenecor (edited September 13, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Xenecor (edited September 13, 2001).]

7. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Pimm responds to Pheldas taking a break from casting multiple healing spells on Calins mangled carcass, "Well, if you're not about destroying others with magical energies I suppose its just as well that you use your talents to augment the abilities of the others. I suspect in the future that you should stay close to our two scrappers, this one," motioning to Calin, "and Xalen over there... I think they're going to take most of the beatings we'll be facing ahead. I suspect we should only stay here as long as it takes to get Calin back on his feet, I'd hate to have the Zh..." Pimm, seeing the stranger approach Xalen, quiets down to a whisper, "the Zhents catch up with us, or Drow for that matter. Say, have you seen the harper? Where did he get off to?"

8. Skedaddle Gems: 13/31

"The halfling? He went to... Uh, he is a halfling to get away unnoticed. Sneaked out, be my guess. I think we're not to worry, I feel his is sneaking around here." Pheldas shrugged.

9. The Word Gems: 3/31

Calin staggered to his feet, eyeing the newcomer warily. Half-elf, Calin thought. With that in mind, Calin turned to Pimm and thanked him for his help. "I owe you one, Pimm." Turning back to the newcomer, Calin said, "Well met. I am Calin." With that, Calin limped away, searching for a place to rest.

OOC: Baldak, did you get my level up stuff? normally you roll for HP, but on the chargen it automatically gives you ten. What should I do, then?

10. Crawl Gems: 23/31

Xalen turns and eyes this female wearily. Subtle elven features and her blunt nature do stick out a bit, but he did need a guide he thought..... After a moment of inspecting the newcomer, he stuck out his hand. "Well met. I am Xalen Venras...these are my companions. I see you've already met Calin. He's a bit, shall we say, *overly* friendly with those of elven blood. I certainly hope you don't mind. Also, we do have two others traveling with us...I suppose they will be around soon enough. Regardless, we are looking for a guide...perhaps. We need a good guide for the right price, you understand. Perhaps we could discuss this abit further."

He motions the druid and his two compatriots to sit at a nearbye table. "Now tell me...how well do you know this pass. I hear from hopefull trustworth sources that Orcs are fierce in the Pass. Oh, and of course before I forget, how do your services run?"

11. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31

Phineous had finished looking around the inn. He hoped that they would run into some more worthy inhabitants in the next town. The people here barely had a copper to pinch. Well, the meager 5 coppers and 7 silvers would have to to for now. Maybe he would practice some more later by putting them back. "Well, I see we've found a new friend. Perhaps she knows just how many orcs are living in the pass."

OoC: Calin, the Character Generator does not assign Hit Points, it rolls them, if you got 10 then you were lucky, keep them. Also, I haven't yet received your updates.

[This message has been edited by Baldak Oakfist (edited September 14, 2001).]

12. Xenecor Gems: 10/31

Grateful for the opportunity to speak, Talia accepts Xalen's invitation and takes a seat across from him in order to face him directly. "I believe it necessary to explain to you exactly what you will be up against before we agree to any terms of service. Now.. the Moon Pass is inhabited by, as you have been told, Orcs.... There is a small Orc settlement from the Tribe of the Ripped Gut along the pass. But... There is also a cave on the pass inhabited by Verbeeg Giants. These giants are members of the Thousand Fist Clan. Now most of our problems with these groups occur around the location of a bridge about half way through the pass. The pass is about 6 miles long... Now.. I don't know where you are headed but I would guide you through the pass as you have requested. I've lived in Jalanthar all my life so I'm well familiar with the pass. I see you have one lame so I'm assuming you will not be leaving immediately. I am here most of the time so if you decide you wish for me to help,.... you need look no further."

[This message has been edited by Xenecor (edited September 15, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Baldak Oakfist (edited September 15, 2001).]

13. The Word Gems: 3/31

OoC: Baldak, whenever I e-mail you, I get a delivery no-go. Ah well, I'll try again. btw, Elves, especially gold ones, are supicious of those of mixed ancestry.

Calin's golden eyes narrowed as he struggled to find the peace needed for reverie. Having grown up in the moon elf colony of Evereska, he was far more tolerant then the majority of his kind, the Gold, or sun, elves. Still, the presence of the half-elf unerved him. somewhat. Ah well, I'll do my best, Calin thought.

14. Skedaddle Gems: 13/31

Pheldas smiled and spoke:
    "Ah, verbeeg. They are the ones who swing a club the size of myself in one hand. May I suggest we avoid that particular clan? Orcs seem smaller and, may I say, dumber."

15. Crawl Gems: 23/31

Xalen looks to the mage and replies, "I hardly think intelligence is a common trait in either species. Regardless, I have to whole heartedly agree. I beleive we have no need to run into any Veeberg. If the Lady Tymora is on our side, we can make it through the pass without incident. The dessert beckons, gentlemen, and I for one don't want to be overrun by any foul beasts on our way there."

Xalen pauses for a moment and looks back at the half elf. "We will certainly keep you in mind when we are ready to depart. I don't think it will be anytime before the morn, though, unless you think it better to travel at night to avoid detection in the Pass. No matter...I'm sure I will see you around." Xalen feigns a smile and excuses himself politely so he can fill his aching stomach. He goes to the bar and orders a decent meal and some ale and takes a small table by a window to keep an eye out for trouble. As comforted as he is to be here, this place certainly doesn't feel comforting, or safe for that matter. Hopefully they will be able to make it through the pass soon Jalanthar soon enough.

[This message has been edited by Crawl (edited September 16, 2001).]

16. Xenecor Gems: 10/31

As Talia watches Xalen depart from the brief meeting she can't help but notice the uneasiness with which this group of men react toward her, especially the elf called Calin. Her experience with pure blooded elves leaves her with no surprise as to his caution. Realizing that these men seem to be on some sort of destined, and troubled journey, she resigns herself to the understanding that they must be wary of everyone they meet, although traveling with a band of suspicious followers is discomforting, she accepts the situation and proceeds to address Pheldas' concerns.
    "I believe that you may have mistaken the Verbeeg with Hill Giants. Verbeeg Giants are the smallest of the Giant breeds. Still they are quite fierce due to the fact that they are more intelligent than their larger cousins, no doubt to compensate for their lack of size in comparison.... if you can call it that. They have also been known to set up effective ambushes and traps. The average Verbeeg Giant is approximately 9 feet tall, although there have been reports of some being 10 1/2 feet tall. Their clans are not much more than extended families in numbers of about 10- 80, including the females and young. They favor Great Axes and Long Spears as far as weapons are concerned. They are also known to have worgs and cave bears as pets. An encounter with a Verbeeg is difficult as it is let alone with an angry cave bear at it's side."

17. Skedaddle Gems: 13/31

Pheldas looks back, not really understanding the point of the half-elf's information.
    "If you suggest that a ten-foot high brute with an axe is a pleasure for me to see, then you are indeed mistaken. Mind not my though of giant clubs [sarcastic uneasy chuckle], I just tried to invoke a humorous though to cheer me up afore going to the passage with just ten foot high giants wielding greatxes, siccing their cave bears at me. If you see what I mean... Now i better find a place to rest and renew the spells in my mind."
    Pheldas gave the half-elf a smile, bowed and approached the barkeep "Sir, be there any decent room I can get here to rest?"

[This message has been edited by Skedaddle (edited September 16, 2001).]

18. The Word Gems: 3/31

Giving up, at least for now, on the reverie, Calin stood and strided to the bar. Taking a seat, he ordered a small glass of elverquisst, some bread, and some cheese. Gazing at his wine glass, he muttered the proper ceremonial prayer, then took a sip. "Bartender" Calin asked, "Can you tell me anything about yonder half-elf?" Calin said, surreptiously sliding a gold coin to the bartender.

19. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31

The bartender looked at Calin. "Well, her name is Talia. She has been a resident of Jalanthar all her life. As far as knowledge about the mountains and the pass, I have not seen many with as much knowledge as she. She loves the wilderness, and has taken great care to learn as much about the Nether mountains as she can."

20. The Word Gems: 3/31

"Thank you," Calin replied. Well, I will be cordial, as long as she knows what she is doing, Calin thought. Calin finished his meal, putting the heel of the bread in his pouch. That being done, Calin wandered ourside, to seel comfort from the stars.

[This message has been edited by The Word (edited September 16, 2001).]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.