1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC Tyrot: character roster

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Oaz, Jun 29, 2004.

1. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

This is a character-player roster for the group that I'm DMing, so everyone knows what everyone else is playing. The list is subject to change until the game actually starts.

---

Gopher - Alanna, female elf sorcerer

Rotku - Dawar, male human bard/druid

Lokken - Xavi, male dwarf druid

Ironbeard - gnome rogue/wizard or rogue/bard

Gothmog - Wemmick, male dwarf fighter/barbarian

---

[ July 05, 2004, 23:22: Message edited by: Oaz ]

2. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Sounds like a good idea. Would any of you three like to expand a little on your characters so I get an idea of where I can fit? I'm thinking of playing a front-line melee type this time...possibly an apocalyptic zealot - I understand from the site that Karyst's quite a dark setting.

3. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Expand a bit?
    Sure, my character is a 47 year old, pacifist. I think that sums it up ;)

And from what I heard, Gothy is playing a Fighter/barberian, possibly half orc

4. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Fighter barbarian yes, a dwarven though.

His clan is gone so he's lost the only point in his life, the only thing he was living for. His dream was to become a Defender, a prestige postition among the dwarves, but as there's no one left but him, he's lost. He wandered around the wilderness after he survived the masacre, not actualy living as a sentiend being but more like an animal. Recently though he regained some of his mind and has returned to civilised lands.
    The only thing he likes and the one thing he's been doing, is doing and will be doing is fighting. He does not fight for fame or philosophy nor riches, he fights for the pure fighting itself. When everything else dissapears and all that's left is him and the enemie. Black and white world where he can set himself loose and forget about everything else.

So, that's how he begins. For the next few levels he will advance in Barbarian class.
    Now, depending on his roleplaying experiences he will either advance to Frenzied Berserker (nothing but fighting to the end, not caring what the end is), or if he slowly starts living with what has happened Bear Warrior (a more noble spirit with not just the physical, but also moral strenght the bear represents). Dont know about this yet. It depends on his experiences from now on.

Oaz.. If i want to use dwarven waraxe, must i spend an exotic weapon proficency feat in it?
    IIRC i saw somewhere dwarves dont have to. I looked through my PHB though, and i didnt saw anything about it :(
    But when you think about it, it's completely logical. Elven wizards get free proficency with knight's weapon and a dwarven fighter, with as much training in arms as anyone would not be able to wield his ancestral weapon? It doesnt make sense... especialy since he's been trained in the dwarven way.

All is not clear about his past as well. He might have his memory blocked so he wont remember why he is as he is. The question is whether he aspires to be anything more than practicaly a Ravager, though not Evil. So, you have free hands with his past :)

Another thing. Being all savage as he is now, this affects Charisma?

5. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Alanna is a grim young maiden who is both as calm and wrathful as the sea she adores. An excellent archer, knowledgeable herbalist and decent sailor, she has begun to master the arcane elements of water and cold to defend the ocean, much like a druid would call upon the forest to defend his woodland home.

Alanna's portrait can be found here. If you're clever you can spot what equipment she carries ;)

6. Oaz Gems: 29/31

Rotku - please don't play anything above middle age, because it's just not standard (also because you get changes in ability scores, which can be unfair). I would prefer you play with the age stated in the PHB.

Gothmog - in 3.5e, dwarves get profiency with the dwarven waraxe, but not in 3.0, so sorry, you can't have it. Also, the greataxe would be a weapon more typical of barbarians. Finally, being savage doesn't equate to not having a strong force of personality, so a low Charisma is not essential to a "savage" concept (but fighting types don't need high Charisma either).

[ July 01, 2004, 00:35: Message edited by: Oaz ]

7. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

I might need some guidance while playing a druid though, not something I have a lot of experience with. Still working on the story, will write in what I can tonight, finish the rest¨during the week.

The concept is a sorta beast-master thing with a love for bears. He's easily annoyed, grouchy, yet wise with a heart of gold. He loves animals, beasts (of course), and desires to strike down abominations of natural order with primarily fire or stone magic stuff.

that's the general outline I have for him at the moment.

8. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Hmm, if people are giving basic outlines, here I'll go, edited slightly for the age change of course, and so I don't give too mcuh away...

Sworn never to harm a living thing, Dawar is a peace loving person. In his early years he was the youngest son of a noble, although he very rarely revealse much about his childhood years.
    At about the age of 14, Dawar left his home and took up the life of a traveller, exploring the island and learning its stories.

After a couple of years on the road, Dawar claims he befriended a monk, who taught him the value of one's mind, body and soul. Swearing never again to own any material possessions, Dawar was quickly outcast by his family, on his return, and took to travelling again.

As he began to love this new life, things were quickly ruined, as he became involved in a Druid Grove to the far west. He stayed there, studying and learning the ways of the forst and life, for many years, before deciding to dedicate his life to helping life florish.

With this new road taken in Dawar's life, by the time word of the plauge (or what ever it was) reached his ears he quickly set off back home...

9. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31

I notice the party's missing a rogue. I tried to fit the concept to a rogue and ended up with Indiana Jones' morbid cousin. I quite like the character, but he's going to have to be a smart fellow with lots of knowledge skills to fit the concept - therefore not all that survivable. Any advice?

10. Rotku

The less survivable the better, IMO. It will mean that either (a) there is much less combat than our lass game ( ;) ) or (b) we die fast...

11. Errol Gems: 23/31

Why not be original and play a nature-oriented character? ;)

12. Rotku

Not many them in this game.
    Two druids.. an element loving elf... and a barbarian.

Oh, Oaz, is there a local druid grove to our starting position?

13. Errol Gems: 23/31

Ironbeard, a rogue/bard sounds like a good idea, though it seems we have a ton of spellcasters already. He would fit in great with the rest of the party though.

Depending on your personality, you could play an awesome Arcane Trickster.

I'm a bit worried however that we only have one real warrior, think the druids could handle the rest of the grunt work? ;)

14. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31

It certainly seems like spellcasters'R'us at the moment...I just wanted to fill the trap disarming slot with something a bit different from the standard thief archetype. I'm provisionally a gnome - the text on the intro to the Karyst site gave me the idea for the character "We gnomes, displaced from our forgotten home, wander the lands in search of light, and hope." etc., but I think I could min-max a little better as an elf - nevertheless, I think I'll introduce the character as he stands
    I'm still not sure though. I'm thinking of working towards the loremaster class, and that implies multiclassing to wizard (also helps with the minmaxing, 'cause int is good for skills) - so again elf might be better - his almost religious respect for truth might make being an illusionist a bit awkward - as I mentioned in the spiel. Plus there's the bit about the elven empire I mentioned - although I'm not sure about playing an elf...gnomes and dwarves always struck me as more down to earth and hence easier to play.

I'm also not sure when I can start playing. There's a big night out planned for the coming Friday that might be my last chance to see my friends in Stirling before I go away for my internship. I'll ask them if they'd be ok with another night. If not, I won't make Friday and playing one session before I go away for two months hardly seems worth it.

EDIT: I spoke to the guy organising it and he says they can't reschedule because of people's work and so forth. I don't suppose there's any chance we could make the game Saturday? I could also play on the boards even though I can't make the sessions, if that's ok. I'm sorry to be such a nuisance...oh, and I'm still looking for character feedback :D

[ July 03, 2004, 22:35: Message edited by: Ironbeard ]

15. Errol Gems: 23/31

That sounds interesting Ironbeard, really good. You have a point when you say an elf would be good, but now we have 3 shorties :)

I'm fine with friday, but Saturday is equally good or better for me.

16. Oaz Gems: 29/31

I'm making a campus visit next Saturday, but I can probably make it home by 2:00 PM GMT, so there is ample time to play.

Also, I like your biography, Ironbeard. I can't wait to see the character statistics. :)

17. Rotku

2 PM GMT?!
    That's... 2AM sunday morning for me!
    If it's not friday night (GMT), I'm afraid I can't come, as I'm heading off skiing saturday morning...

Oh, btw, I'm away until friday afternoon, so sorry I haven't sent you any of my character info, but I'll get onto it asap.

18. Oaz Gems: 29/31

Sorry, I meant 2 PM EST - that would be 7 PM GMT.

19. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Jake is a man about 6' tall. He has raven black hair, and piercing emerald eyes. He looks to be in the start of his twenties and is fairly handsome considering the travelling he has done since fleeing his home.

He wears a black cloak with a hood, a very nice suit of studded leather that fits Jake perfectly. He wears a backpack, with bedroll attached, a few quivers and a bow over his shoulder. At his side is a small sword sheated.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.