1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC Tyrot: Day at Wittkopf

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Oaz, Nov 8, 2003.

1. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

In the morning, Cugaer and Melvin finished their breakfast, while Tanari practiced playing on his pipes for meeting Schama at noontime. The priest and halfling browsed Wittkopf's small market.

Noontime came, and Tanari performed some songs for Schama and her sorcerer apprentices. The elf played rather well, and asked some questions about the planes to Schama. The sorceress replied that Avenshire was large enough to perhaps be home to a wizard, and that there was a vilage further north called Elton with a wizard she had met years ago.

Meanwhile, Melvin snuck about the house, and managed to steal one book containing some information about magic, despite a guard's interrogation of him. After Tanari's performance, Schama became visibly upset when the elf asked about a sorceress called Darya.

At that moment, however, Danna, the apprentice of Schama, noticed the conversation. She let it slip that she was Darya's sister, and said that her sister had left Wittkopf, perhaps to serve as a mercenary. Danna later left in a fit of anger when Tanari attempted to ask her more about her sister.

Meanwhile, Cugaer directly pressed Schama for information, and the entire party eventually confronted her. However, she said little about the matter, save that she no longer had antyhing to do with Darya. Schama had the party leave, although she did compliment Tanari's musical skills.

As they left the well-bulit house, the party returned to the, and noticed Danna sitting alone, obviously angry, bitter, regretful, or any combination of those emotions.

Everybody receives 25 XP, for decent roleplaying.

2. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Tanari slowly approached her table, and spoke in a low apologetic voice, "May I sit down?"

3. Oaz Gems: 29/31

Danna shrugs apathetically.

4. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

Tanari sits down opposite her, and puts his open hand on the table between them with the palm up.

"I'm sorry about before, I.. lost my temper."

He smiles warmly at her, and tries to look her in the eyes, asking softly, "How could I make you feel better?"

5. Oaz Gems: 29/31

Danna averts her eyes from Tanari, and frowns.

"Don't know... maybe you could buy a drink? Ah, ugh, I'm sorry. I guess you really want to know what's really the deal between Schama and Darya, huh?"

6. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

"Let's say I'd prefer not to cause more distress than absolutely necessary. One moment."
    Tanari walks to the bar and orders a couple of drinks, then returns to Danna with them.

"Here, as for Darya and Schama, well.. I would really like to know, but it's not like it's my right to know. It would just be nice."
    He smiles friendly at her.

7. Oaz Gems: 29/31

Danna takes a long, hard drink before speaking.

"Okay, Darya was my sister - we were orphans in the church, and Schama picked us up there. Now y'see, Darya had more than 'nough skill to excel as a mage. She learned magic quick, now, she did, enough to make Schama a bit angry. She and Schama had a spat years ago - there was a fight, and my sister left south. Haven't seen her since."

8. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

"Well she does have some skill.. I had a first hand feel of it. Was Schama jealous of Darya's talent? And speaking of orphans.. do you know a girl named Marle from there?"

9. Oaz Gems: 29/31

"Jealous? No, not really, but she - my sister - became powerful enough in her own right to make Schama a bit angry. But, no, not really jealous, I'd wager Schama's too prideful to feel that."

"And, no, I'm not sure of any person named Marle. Sorry."

10. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

"I can't promise anything, but.. if we meet her again, I could try to pursuade to come and visit you?"
    Tanari remembers the encounter, she had been a lady of few words. Considering again, having been in the encounter, it would twice hard to make her see any reason in what he might be able to say to her if they should meet again.

"Have you both been raised here in town?"

11. Oaz Gems: 29/31

Danna nods.

"Yeah, and, well, don't worry if you really see Darya again - it's not too important, I s'pose."

12. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

"You nearly bite my head off, then call it not important."
    Tanari smiles at her.

"If we do see her again.. maybe mentioning you will ease her temper. Is all in your family sorcerers?"

13. Oaz Gems: 29/31

"Psh... I don't really care about family or nothin'. My mom was raised here, as an orphan, though she doesn't have any magicks or anything."

14. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Seeing Tanari busy talking to Danna, Cugaer decided not to interupt, thinking that he'd only mess it up again. He walked over to a table near by and got out the fruit that he'd brought from the market earlier that day. Biting into one he motioned over Melvin, Yri and Ratchett.

15. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Yrinnyn speaks to Cugaer: "We'd better stay out of trouble here. Roaming around the town won't be healthy. Perhaps we just get a beer or ten. You know what I think? Where there are strange sorcerers, there's always some strange cult. If you know what I mean..."

Yrinnyn gets a beer (fine brew, as always), and looks around to check if there are any fine ladies there.

16. Oaz Gems: 29/31

No especially remarkable women are present in the inn.

17. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Ratchett, who had been remarkably quiet and frequently absent recently is found propping up the bar. "Hail, friend!" he called to Yrinnyn, "Do ye know how hard it is to find a proper Dwarven stout around here?" he shoots a pointed look to the barman. "I can only hope this place has some."

18. Oaz Gems: 29/31

Unfortunately, the innkeeper has no Dwarven ale, nor nothing nearly as strong as that.

19. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Ratchett grumbles and buys a pitcher of the strongest ale the tavern serves, and turns to Yrinnyn. "If ye canna get quality, I suppose the only thing ye can do is te mak it up wi quantity." Seeing Yri casting his appraising eye over the female patrons he grunts, "Fine enough for the human eye, I suppose, but I canna remember seein' another dwarf since I set foot on this isle...and the beer...Why if I was only a brewer, I could make my fortune here. I'd wager these folks have never tasted proper ale, the way it's made back home..."

20. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

"What do you care for then? A proper place to unfold your talents? Something else?"
    Tanari gives her an inquiring look of curiousity.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.