1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC Tyrot: Northward

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Oaz, Oct 4, 2003.

1. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

(Because of a sudden change in a dentist appontment and because two of the players couldn't make it, this week's session was cut short - it lasted only about an hour.)

The party headed northward, while Yrinnyn stayed in town, talking to a priestess. Eventually, Yrinnyn caught up with the rest of the party. They traveled up north to the Satherth river, where there was no bridge in sight, and thus could either find a way to pass it by going through the western swamps, by looking for a bridge eastward, or by swimming across the river.

Yrinnyn considered the third option, although it turned out to be a bit impractical (although it never was seriously tried out in earnest). Eventually, the five travelers simply headed east, where not far from town, they found a bridge spanning the length of the Satherth.

Despite the heavy morning fog, the party came in encounter with another party of rough-looking men. Their leader was taking out the organs and bones out of a wolf for some reason. One man, whose leg was bitten by the wolf, was healed by Yrinnyn, after some banter.

(The session ended here.)

The leader of the band of the seven men says to Tanari, "Well, I guess we owe you something for helpin' with Ridk's leg. Wanna trade?"

2. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Tanari smiles friendly at the man, "If Ridk is well, I find that the most important. As for trading, what kind of trade did you have in mind? I believe we have some goods and weapons we could offer for.. whatever you have that be of interest."

3. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

"Uhh.. you lot look like some strong men," Melvin cuts in, "do you have anything we can trade for this Axe?" he asks as he brings out the Masterworked Dwarven Axe out of his pack.

"'Tis a very fine axe, but I cannot carry it into battle, so do you want it, good man?"

4. Oaz Gems: 29/31

The leader, a man with a hard and cold countenance upon him, takes Melvin's dwaven waraxe, and gives a few practice swings. The axe proves to be too heavy for him, and he shakes his head, tossing it back to Melvin.

"Nope, e'nt got much o' a use fer that."

He gestures to Yrinnyn's sword, then Tanari's.

"What about those two?"

5. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    "I'm going to need this one."

6. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Cugaer heads over to his where is horse is standing and pulls out the three weapons he got from the bandits they captured before.

"We have these if they can be of any use, but before we go any further, what do you have to trade?"

7. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

Tanari shakes his head, "I'm afraid this blade is not for trade. However you should talk to my friend here, I think he has the most to offer."
    He gestures to Cugaer.

8. Oaz Gems: 29/31

The leader scratches his chin.

"We'll give you 200 gold for the masterwork longsword and flail."

(The leader makes this sound like a very reasonable deal.)

9. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Yrinnyn coughs meaningfully.

10. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Cugaer pauses a while as if thinking, before replying:

"Do you have anything to offer for trade, other than gold?"

11. Oaz Gems: 29/31

"We have some goods: tobacco, linen, silk, and whatnot, totaling a hundred gold in value."

12. Rotku

Cugaer nods slightly and turns back to his friends;
    "Unless any of you think other wise I'm going to suggest we don't trade anything. We could though, travel with them for their protection."
    After a pause Cugaer adds "If they are heading the same way as us, of course."

13. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Melvin nods his head in agreement. "I would refrain from trading with them, personally. Yet I can see the wisdom in travelling with them, if you two think it is a good idea." he looks to Tanari and Yrinnyn.

14. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

Tanari shrugs at Melvin, then looks to the wounded man pondering if he would slow them down further. Seemed like everything as a calculation involving risk, time and success rate.

"If you don't mind me asking, but which way are you heading, sir?" he says to the leader of the men.

15. Oaz Gems: 29/31

(The man's leg is fully healed, and he is in fine condition now.)

"We be planning to head south, 'though 'taint much of a concern if we were t' change direction."

16. Rotku

Cugaer shrugs. To his friends he say in a voice hopefully not loud enough for the mercants to hear;

"Up to you guys if we travel with them. Until you come to a decision, I'm taking a break."

And with that Cugaer pulled his water flask from his hip and sat down on the opposite side of the road to drink.

17. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

"Oh, well if you're on your way there we shouldn't hinder you. We're going the opposite way, toward Mesharr. Either way, we'll have to get going, feel free to join if that be your wish."
    He gives the man a short nod of dismissal and walks to see if the animals are ready to travel.
    "Still a long way to go.. let's go."

Gesturing for his friends to follow, he passes the other men and follow the road northward.

18. Oaz Gems: 29/31

The men do some hushed talking, then follow the party at a distance.

19. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

Tanari coughs a bit and walks next to Cugaer as the party has started travelling further north.
    "Cugaer, I have been pondering.. Do you believe in mercy? I mean, would you think it possible for everyone to be entitled to forgiveness?"
    He glances briefly at Cugaer, noting his appearance.

20. Rotku

Cugaer, startled by the question, takes a while to answer. But after a few minutes of thinking he carefully replies, "It would really depend I guess..."

After another long pause Cugaer continues, this time in a more sure voice. "Yes, I guess everyone should be entitled to fogiveness. Whether I would be able to forgive some people myself is a different question."

Cugaer pauses a while again. He leans over and scratches his horse behind the ear and says something to her quiet enough so no one can make it out.

"What about you? Do you think everyone has a right to forgivness?"

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.