1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC Tyrot: Red sand

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Oaz, Sep 6, 2003.

1. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

The party whittled away the few hours on the beach, practicing swordplay and other various things. Eventually, when sunset came around, the party was approached by three men and one woman - the same redhaired woman that Yrinnyn had been talking to earlier that day. Cugaer recognized a symbol on the woman's cloak to be a Ferylite symbol. As it turned out, the other group was interested in the message as well, and the three men and the women turned hostile toward the party. A fight ensued, and Cugaer's chest was badly pierced by a spear, and Tanari took a spell to the chest from the woman. However, the party quickly subdued the three men afterwards, although the redhaired woman turned invisible and escaped, despite Tanari's tracking efforts.

Cugaer healed himself, then stabilized the three unconscious thugs, and Melvin tied them up. A few townsfolk had been watching the fight, and grew suspicious of Tanari. However, they were ignored, and the party decided to take the prisoners with them. Their weapons were left on the beach.

The messenger arrived - a bird. Cugaer took a note from the bird's leg, and found a note giving directions to the Druid grove, although the note did not say anything about the task at hand, nor the reward.

The party decided to not associate with the Druids, despite the followers of Feryl being at conflict with them. Cugaer took the prisoners' money, three pouches containing 50 gp and 50 sp each. It was suggested that the party camp outside of town, and have Tanari "convince" the prisoners to tell them about what they were up to.

(I assume dinner consists of a trail ration.)

(One note: remember that during combat, you can only speak on your initiative count, i.e. the party can't suggest tactics when it's just PC X's turn, although speaking is a free action, of course.)

Everyone receives 260 XP.

2. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Cugaer, remembering about the weapons he saw when he was taking the gold, doubled back to look for them.
    Once he found them he casts detect magic on them.

3. Oaz Gems: 29/31

There are a longspear, a flail, and a longsword, as well as a buckler and a large steel shield. None are magical, but the weapons are of fine quality.

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    "I have everything I need, but you might wish to take these rather than sell them right now. Perhaps an echantment or two in the future." says Yrinnyn to the party.

Yrinnyn says in the air "Couldn't she have asked me for a date? What a violent woman. They redheads.". Yrinnyn rolls his eyes and lets outa world-weary sigh while removing his blade from some stomach with the help of his riding boot. "Eww! I'll have to order them cleaned, my boots."

5. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] Melvin, sitting happily under a tree at the camp, is twirling his fine dagger around with his fingers as he is keeping watch on the three surly men tied up in front of him.

"Quite a brute aren't you?" he asks the man closest to his hairy feet. "Those musclely arms could probably do some damage couldn't they?" he notes. When the battered, unconcious man doesn't respond, Melvin picks up what looks like an acorn and throws it at the mans head; "Shame you were too stupid to attack us though."

He chuckles to himself, lays back resting his head on the tree, and starts working his way through his second portion of trail rations.

6. Oaz Gems: 29/31

The man who was carrying the spear (and had injured Cugaer) is the largest one, with long brown hair and a full beard. The other one, who was carrying the flail, is wiry and thinner, with brown hair as well. The third one, with the sword, is quite strong, and as tall as the third one; he has blond hair. All of them are still unconscious, but not in bad condition, thanks to Cugaer's treatment.

Darkness falls. Nothing of importance happens in the night.

(Spellcasters prepare their spells, otherwise I assume it's just the same old repertoire. Tanari and Yrinnyn don't have trail rations, however.)

[ September 07, 2003, 03:13: Message edited by: Oaz ]

7. Errol Gems: 23/31

[​IMG] Melvin, having just about finished his second portion of rations, pats his tummy and smiles to himself.

Thank Mael we didn't have to deal with the druids he thought, I don't particularly want to get more involved. As soon as these baboons wake up, Tanari will get some information out of them and we can be on our way hopefully. To where? He didn't know, but he knew some great adventure was out there somewhere for him.

Watching the sun set, he had been reminded of Tanari's offer; "Magic is a hard subject to study. It takes hard work and effort. I will show you if you are a willing student.."
    He couldn't wait for the day when he felt ready enough to learnt he craft he loved so much. His mind told him to practice more in combat skills now that he didn't steal anymore, yet his heart yearned for magic; he felt it inside of him. He knew that, ultimately, this was some small part of his destiny.

His father had failed, couldn't cope with it, Melvin was proof of that failiure. But he would not fail, no, he would do it!

His smile getting bigger, he licked his fingers, tucked his hands behind his head and fell asleep under the tree. The hooting of the owls, the reddening sun and the quiet, strained breathing of the unconcious men singing him to sleep.

8. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

OoC:
    I'm going to be away for the next few days and possibly won't be here next gaming session.
    So Oaz, I invest in you the power to control Cugaer, preist of Brenal.

9. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

"I'll be back soon. Going to do a little hunting."
    Tanari drops his backpack and grabs his bow, sliding into the shadows of the wilds to hunt for some dinner.

10. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Ratchett stumps up to the campsite, dragging his newly purchased tent. "Hmph..." he grunts, "Took me an age te find a place sellin' these. Have our guests woken yet?"

11. Oaz Gems: 29/31

Tanari: You find some small game: mostly birds and squirrels, but nothing larger than that.

Ratchett: Taking 10 gp out of your gold pouch.

[ September 08, 2003, 00:40: Message edited by: Oaz ]

12. chevalier

Media:
    Yrinnyn prays a little bit, spends some more time meditating alone and returns to the camp. "Fencing practice, anyone?"

13. Errol Gems: 23/31

[​IMG] Melvin's eyes flick open for a second.

"Oh, eugh," he says, brushing grass and dirt off his breeches, "Aye, I'll take you up on that offer. I've slept enough for a little while anyway."

Fastening his belt around his waist, he could swear that he needed it fastened looser than before. Making sure his knife's scabbard is in place, he gestures; "Well, shall we?"

14. chevalier

Media:
    "Great. Let's start now." says Yrinnyn. (and his player has to go now :( )

15. Oaz Gems: 29/31

In case anyone is wondering, it's currently dawn. I assume everyone does whatever hygenical business they do in the morning, and prepares their usual repetoire of spells.

There is no session this week, since both Chevalier and Rotku will be absent, and I'll be sorta busy on Friday (it's awkward having a player miss two sessions in a row anyways).

16. Errol Gems: 23/31

[​IMG] Melvin yawns loudly and stretches his arms. Quickly checking if anyone is up, he scans the clearing for life. Seing a few movements in the blurry corner regions of his one opened eye, he is satisfied that the camp is safe.

He goes back to sleep.

17. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Ratchett stumbles out of his tent, rubbing his eyes blearily in the light of the dawn. He picks up a stick and begins poking the embers of the fire.

18. chevalier

Media:
    Yrinnyn takes his grooming accessories and goes to the nearest source of water to take care of his looks, especially his hair. His plans for later include giving himself to dark thoughts and he is genuinely thankful for the fact that there is no wine in sight.

He says to himself sarcastically "The girl clearly intends a second date. I wonder what she will be wearing this time.".

19. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Having prepared his spells early morn, Tanari returns from a morning round of scouting the nearby terrain as the others awake.

"Good morning snoozy ones! I take it we're heading north today? Oh.. and did anyone ever get a word out of those brutes?"

20. Errol Gems: 23/31

"Not yet" grumbles a sleepy Melvin, "I'm too tired to be articulate at this moment in time. Can't you cast your spell on them once you've prepared it now?"

Rubbing his eyes, he notes; "Last time I checked, they were out cold." He checks round to see if the men are awake.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.