1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC:US - A New Direction

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Baldak Oakfist, Aug 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Darius sat on the hilltop looking down on the tattered group gathering on the riverbank. They were lucky to have survived. He wondered what his hated enemy wanted with this group. He also knew that Torog had returned before after being seemingly dead. He would have to keep an eye on them, for a little while at least. Best to see what the morning will bring. At least they haven't lit a fire yet, that would complicate things.

OoC: Check RC: Cruising Down the River for the summary of last nights session.

[This message has been edited by Baldak Oakfist (edited August 16, 2001).]

2. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

"Just as I was finally getting to know those other fellows..." Pimm thinks to himself as he surveys his new companions. Paricularly keeping a cynical eye on the manipulative Redhead.

As the party travels along the stream, Pimm says to Knomal, "Keep an eye out for Xalen and Xander, there's no telling where one or the other might turn up, I'm sure they're still alive..." he hesitates, "and I had rather morbid thought. Do you suppose we should have gutted and strung up those pirates as a 'discouragement' to others who might try to follow us? Well too late I suppose, they'll just have to decorate the river bank for now."

3. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

As the party travels down the riverbank, Kitiara decides to wander a little away and check the river bank for some herbs she needs for a spell she has been working on.

Humming softly to herself she observes the group, and wonders how they ever made it away from that battle alive!

4. Skedaddle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

"Pirates? Oh, they're no pirates, methinks... These seemed like common barbarian war party..." Knomal cursed silently, "They see us, they kill us, if they cant - they run. Pirates? Nay, barbarians don't kill for loot. What troubles me is that these thickskulls were way too determined in their actions..."

Knomal continued walking slowly, keeping an eye on the new companions, as well as the area around the party. His hand was close to the hilt of his sword, ready to grasp the weapon at the sign of danger.

Keeping a hand on my sword became a habit lately... Knomal thinks to himself.

5. herf Guest

Bayne walks close behind Kitiara, the ed-headed sorceress and points out some herbs and plants that might be useful, all the while looking ahead for distant enemies or places of shelter.

6. The Word Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

As Calin follows the group, he ponders the strange course his life had taken. He had fallen prey to a seemingly random twist of fate. Now, with these almost total strangers, he had let blood fall on the same earth; some his own, mostly the enemy's. No, he decides, we are all true friends: we have put our lives on the line for each other, and that creates a bond not present among even the closest of brothers.

7. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31

Eleint, 4

"Well, they're finally moving on now. Let's go down and clean things up." Darius had a habit of talking to himself. Even if they were Uthgardt, he would not see bodies desecrated, shallow graves would be good enough to send them on to their God. "Now where is Torog's body. I won't be comfortable until he's truly in the grave." His search for the body became more frantic as the time passed. Torog's body could not be found. The others lay where they fell, but no Torog. Now he *would* have to keep an eye on this group. Torog would surely seek out his revenge. Tracking him was out of the question, for Torog knew how to move without leaving a trace. Darius had time though, Torog would have to regroup first.

OoC: Ok, my site now works. You can check out the maps. http://people.ne.mediaone.net/frankmarianne

More maps will be added as needed.

[This message has been edited by Baldak Oakfist (edited August 17, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Baldak Oakfist (edited August 19, 2001).]

8. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Kitiara aknowledges Baynes assistance... but she wonders why the rest of the group have fallen so silent.

Glancing at Gaspar she notices he also is quiet and pondering something. "hmmmmm someone needs to liven this group up "she mumbles to herself.

[This message has been edited by Kitiara (edited August 19, 2001).]

9. Avarahtar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Gaspar scowls as he watches Kitiara and Bayne wander off together.
    “I am not jealous,” he says to himself crossly as he stalks along behind the others in a sullen silence.

10. The Word Gems: 3/31

Calin, standing behind Gaspar, heard the remark. Not knowing what to do, he spoke up, "Don't worry, friend. I do not know much of these things, but I believe she likes you." He got up to join the others, leaving Gaspar behind.

11. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31

The Sun was hanging low in the sky, soon it would be dark. The Ivy covered walls of Herald's Holdfast could be seen from the bottom of the hill. The Moonwood was just a stone's throw away. At the bottom of the hill lay Durlin's Inn and Stables.

Eldon Durlin, the enterprising halfling, had established this inn almost 5 years ago. Many had remarked on the futility of building an inn in such a remote location, but he was not detered. Now they wish that they had thought of it, his rooms are rarely empty. Scholars from all over Faerun come here to peruse the countless tomes and always there is Durlin's Inn, a welcome sight to road weary travelers.

Mathetais sat at the table in the furthest corner of the dining room, he could see the entire room from here. Why had his mentor, Lord Jullian Elkhorn, sent him here. His only words were "You are needed. Seek the troupe who journey's there. You will know them by the Elven Sorceress who travels with them, hair as red as the fires of hell itself."

You can see a map of the area of Harold's Holdfast at http://people.ne.mediaone.net/frankmarianne

Note: The Inn is not part of the Library.

[This message has been edited by Baldak Oakfist (edited August 20, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Baldak Oakfist (edited August 31, 2001).]

12. herf Guest

As Bayne walked inot the inn a smile spread across his face, at last, somewhere proper to sleep. As much as he liked sleeping under the stars he still prefered a comfy bed.
    Looking around the inn he admired the wooden panneling and timber around the inn giving it a cheery look.
    "Lets order a few rooms, fill our bellies and rest!" He said to the group.

[This message has been edited by herf (edited August 20, 2001).]

13. The Word Gems: 3/31

"Now that is the best idea I have heard in days", Calin replies, "I am afraid this is my first adventure, precipitated by need." "Ah well.", he continued, "Let us make the most of this brief respite."

14. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

The grey cloaked elf watched the group walk into the inn and size up the establishment. He could tell by the way that they kept their hands close to their weapons that danger followed them closely.

As they pulled off their cloaks, one of the troop caught Mathetais' eye. An elf with blazing red hair. "Hair as red as the fires of hell itself," Julian had said.

Mathetais smiled to himself, "I wonder if the personality matches?"

Then, keeping his hands well away from his weapons, he approached the group and bowed formally.

"Greetings in the name of Corellon Larethian. My name is Mathetais du'Sacrafix. I am at your service."

[This message has been edited by Mathetais (edited August 21, 2001).]

15. herf Guest

Who is this Correlan Lanathon you speak of brother elf?
    What do you mean you are at our service? Have you been expecting us?

16. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

The grey cloak fell back to reveal an elf with brown hair and tired, but laughing eyes.

With a smile Mathetais explained, "Why my good brother! Corellon Larethian is the Lord of the Elven Dieties! He is the Lord and patron of those skilled in Arts, Crafts, Music and War. Alas, my skills fall into the last and most unseemly of his domains, but he still has accepted me as a follower. It was this service, actually, that brought me to you."

"To answer your second, and more pressing question, Yes. I have indeed been waiting for you. I was sent to assist in anyway that I can."

17. herf Guest

Whom by? Explain yourself quickly "Brother" Elf, i have no patience for people who lie in wait for me! So what be your answer? And make it in detail too...

18. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

The laughing green eyes locked onto the elven ranger and seemed to pierce his soul.

"Good sir, I am not ashamed to say that I was sent to you by my mentor Lord Jullian Elkhorn. However, I am not used to exchanging such detailed information while standing in the doorway!"

The glare quickly danced back into a smile.

"Please, join me for a warm meal, and tell me your tale. We shall soon see how closely our paths run together."

19. herf Guest

Bayne walks to a table in the far corner and motions for the rest of the party to follow.
    "Julian Elkhorn? Why a man of that exact latter name is travelleing with us now, Darius, could they be related? Anyway, you say you are skilled in war? If so you owuld make a welcome member of this troupe, but of course i do not speak for my companions. I shall let them answer for themselves."

20. Avarahtar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Gaspar follows Bayne and Mathetais to the table. He immediately pulls out a chair and gestures towards Kitiara. "If you would allow me my lady?" he says with a small bow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.