1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC: Wagon(s) Roll!

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Erran, Jul 31, 2001.

1. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Thomas and the others went to the Crimson Serpent warehouse at dawn, where the wagon was waiting. They were greeted by the robed man they had met the day before in the company of 'the Lady', he introduced himself as 'Eliphas'. He barely suppressed a chuckle when he saw 'Miss Majikus'.
    "Very comendable" he smiled, "If I may assist?"
    He made some passes in the air and Majikus's appearance was transformed to that of Miss deKrynn.
    "Don't worry, it will wear off in about 4 hours" he said, "then you will revert to to your pervious version. Oh, and you will need this too." He gave Majikus the fake Kiira. "It radiates magic, but has no powers. Now, I suggest 'Miss deKrynn' and her guard take the driving board, the rest of you hide below the furs. Don't get excited, they are of low value and below them is straw. I take it one of you can drive a team of horses? Sergeant Lewes and the patrol will follow at a safe distance.
    Any last questions?"

2. herf Guest

"Well i ken ride horses so i guess im passing fer de orc eh?" Barent climbs onto the wagon and lifts the reins, "All aboard that coming aboard! Heh heh"
    "OK boss, tell me when ya want to set off, just how long we gonna be waitin fer other poeple tae show up?"

[This message has been edited by herf (edited July 31, 2001).]

3. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

"Very well, I shall do my best. Here goes."
    Garacaius starts to sing as he crawls into the wagon.

"One fine dawn in the city of the bridge
    A harlot so fair in the wagon be
    More proud and tall than the little midge
    Fixing her hair for all to see

Leaving the silvered knight
    We start the stroll
    When the Inn comes to sight
    We...."

Garacaius stops with knitted brows, "We.." he stops again. "I'm sorry gentlemen, I haven't done this in a long time. Perchance Thomas can continue with some tales from the road?"

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited August 01, 2001).]

4. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Majikus jumps into the front of the wagon beside Barent.

"Well lads, we've got a while to go before we get to the mage thingymajig so let us watch the country pass and either let Garacaius make more of the song he is making or let him make a song about all of us...individually! Now that would be interesting! Make it ryhme and light hearted! Let nothing said in the song be taken the wrong way! So onward my good elf! Make us a song for the journey!"

Majikus then turns to Barent and asked him quietly...

"Barent, as you're a dwarf, do you like Elves? Why? just out of curiosity and also tell me the reasons for your choice"

5. herf Guest

"I dinnae have nae problems with them lad, just as long as they dinnae double cross i get on with them just dandy i do, but if they get on the wrong side of mae blade, well you knae what i ken do dont ya?" With this Barent turns and checks the back of the cart with a big grin on his face.

[This message has been edited by herf (edited August 01, 2001).]

6. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Pimm, approaches the wagon with a smile, and shouts a greeting to the bunch mounting the wagon...

"Good day friends, I have heard through rumors that the city no longer seeks to put our necks in a noose, so I've decided to step out and see how everyone fared..."

"Ah, I see even more have been snared into the plot" he says, noticing the strangers in the wagon.

(Ooc, back from vacation....)

7. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Jakob, not hearing any objections, crawls onto the wagon. "Hey, lads," he says, "This is a perfect opportuinity to get our hands on deKrynn's papers, so we can see for ourselves what's going on. Just tell our new employers that we're worried the contact will ask for us to prove our identity. Talking of proof of identity, is anyone willing to forge Jeweler's Guild certificates for me, or will that not be necessary? You'll have to excuse me, I might not be much for conversation on this trip..."
    (OOC, I'm on a dial up connection, and my parents may want to have the line free at least some of the time tonight. I'll show up if and when I can.)
    He finds what looks like a comfortable spot on the back of the wagon and settles down for the journey.

8. Erran Gems: 19/31

Thomas hauled the stragglers aboard and the wagon left the city. The patrol followed at some distance, barely keeping the wagon in sight. "So, its a song you want - how about this one:
    Three wheels on my wagon, and we're still rolling along,
    the Tan-ar-ii are after me,
    but I'm singin' a happy song....
    all together now!"

9. herf Guest

"ok meladdies, everyone apart from majikus the she-man, har har, and Xander hide under the rags, we're getting close to the inn!"
    As Barent glanced behind him he caught a glimpse of a handful of guards, they looked fine in their polished armour. But then again, the way the polish their armour doesnt show how well they fight...

10. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Xander says, "You want me to stay up here? <short pause> Are you trying to get us killed? perhaps you haven't noticed, but I am half drow. Tiny minds like yourself may not realize this but humans don't generally don't like us drow, they tend to burn us. So i you don't mind,I'll go hide now."
    Xander then gets up and makes his way to where the others are hidden. H
    mutters in undercommon to the others "I wish I had an intelligence spell so I could cast it on that one," gesturing to Barent

11. Erran Gems: 19/31

Wed night online:
    The wagon rolled along the road, following the River Rauvin south towards Everlund through wooded country. After a couple of hours they came to a side trail with a notice 'To Trolls Head Inn', Barent took this trail. Looking back out of the wagon, Knomal saw the trail go 'dark'.
    A hobgoblin stepped out of the trees and commanded them to stop. They did so and Majikus/deKrynn, Barent and Xalen followed the pair of Hobgoblins up the trail to the ruined Inn. Out stepped a male drow who demanded the gem. Majikus gave it him and Er-Cam told him/her the reward was in the Inn. When Majikus entered the Trolls head Inn he was attacked by a Dire Rat. He fired off spells but was bitten, luckily he did not catch any disease.
    Er-Cam disappeared into the trees and Barent went to help Majikus, when the Hobgoblin chief tried to stop him Barent attacked. However, he was still weak from his wounds and the Hobgoblin cut him down. Xalen overcame his hobgoblin and Majikus fried the rat with spells. The two of them then combined to take down the Hobgoblin leader.
    Meanwhile, back at the wagon: Garacius, Jakob and Pimm tried to sneak out of the wagon but were peppered with javelins from the trees. Knomal returned fire from the wagon. Garacius crashed into the undergrowth straight into a Hobgoblin. His mage armour saved him and his magic missiles took out 2 Hobgoblins.
    The combined forces of Pimm, Jakob and a summoned dog accounted for the last Hobgoblin. They looted the bodies and joined their colleagues at the ruined Inn. Barent was beyond saving. They searched the Inn but found nothing, even the rat had 'disappeared'.
    The soldiers rode up to tell how they had been 'mislead' by darkness and ghostly sounds and had missed the side trail. They did not understand why the party had not used the horn the Lady had loaned them. A soldier found a small silver locket with a heart pierced by a dagger.
    They turned the wagon round and headed back towards Silverymoon.

OoC 120xps each for Majikus, Xalen, Jacob, Garacius Knomal and Pimm.
    120 posthumoneous xps for Barent. Nothing for Thomas or Xander cowering in the wagon.

[This message has been edited by Erran (edited August 03, 2001).]

12. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Majikus tries to get comfortable but his wound in the leg is sore and painful. He has lost some blood but no wherenear enough to kill him. He glances to the left and stares at the corpse of the dead dwarf...

"C'mon lads, surely we could raise him? I would put some money towards his raise and maybe the 'fair' lady would be willing to help raise him? I'm sure you people would like it if you could be raised couldn't you? I would for one! So what do ya say? Raise him and let him be thankful to us?"

Majikus looks around expectantly at the group awaiting a response...

13. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

OOC: Erran...D'oh! You mean Xandar. I was hacking up Hobgobs :D

Xalen finally returns to the inn, weary, but still in full health after his brush with the hobgoblins. But, unfortunately, the same cannot be said for the Dwarf. Ah well, Xalen thinks to himself, he never cared much for that Dwarf anyway, though he did graciously accept the Dwarf's money from his cooling corpse. Ah, perhaps he wasn't so bad after all, Xalen thinks to himself as he grins. What a day it had been.

Xalen orders a plate of food from the barkeep and a tankard of ale, taking time to sort out what had happened that day. He now trusted the noble elf who had suggested this whole mission even less. Hopefully soon, he could confront this woman. Somehow something didn't seem right before all of this started, and now it seemed even less so. First they start down a side trail leading to an ambush while powerful magics mislead the guards, then while their compaions were being surrounded by Hobgoblins, he, Barrent, and Majicus were being ripped off by a drow. He could have very well lost his life in that scurmish, but somehow he did enjoy splitting that Hobgoblin in two with a mighty first strike and seeing the disbelief in the leader's eyes as he took him down as well. But still, Xalen thought to himself as he was finishing his meal, this smelled of conspiricy. Someone wanted them dead on the raod that day, and he would be suprised if it was just that Drow with the silver...wait a second. Xalen jumps up from his seat and rushes over to where Majicus is sitting.

"Majicus, I just realized something.". Xalen hauls the mage from his seat and spins him around in excitement. "Do you realize we had forgotten the most distinguishing part about that Drow? Think back, man, back to the inn. Remember when he was motioning for you to bring the gem forth? Remember the silver gleam in the sunlight? The Drow had a silver hand of some sort! That may well be the best way we can identify this evil elf who almost cost us our lives! How could we be so forgetful!?"

[This message has been edited by Crawl (edited August 03, 2001).]

14. herf Guest

A tall, naked, well endowed elf emerges from the forest behind the inn muttering to himself,
    "Godamn blast them Hobgoblins by Beshabes Busoms and by the nine hells of Baator!"
    Seeing the bodies of the dead hobgoblins the naked elf draws closer to the bodies.
    "My oh my, these..they couldnt be! Why yes it is the hobgoblins that ransacked me!"
    Feeling his chaotic side overcome him the elf strips the oversized goblin naked and dresses himself for the first time in days.
    "By aoskar feels good to be clothed once again, even if the garments do have a stench of pig to them."
    Noticing the scuffle marks around the outside of the inn the keen eyed ranger spots the tracks of a wagon and three other gentlemen plus 6 men wearing military style armour, yet the military men were all grouped togther idnicating that they had no part in the fight.
    Deciding to follow the cart trail the ranger set off carrying only his short bow, a rapier, his pouch of 56 gold and his armour, and of course the explorers outfit the Hobgoblin was wearing until a few minutes ago.

Following the tracks the elf arrived in the town of Silverymoon, further using his keen sense of tracking ability he followed the trail to a small inn, opposite a shop. Deciding to make a visit to the shop beforehand the elf buys 40 arrows for his short bow.
    Walking into the inn the boisterous elf asked "Was anyone here involved at the scuffle at the old inn involving some hobgoblins?"...

Ooc: since my old bladehappy character died i made a ranger
    Erran, how much does it cost to buy 40 arrows?

[This message has been edited by herf (edited August 03, 2001).]

15. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Majikus looks up at the elf...

"What of it stranger? And what do you know of it? But yes, one of us was slain and now lies in the cart? Would you want to see him?"

Majikus stands up and walks towards the cart and beckons the elf to come with him...

"Oh and another thing...get better clothes...you smell like a pig! Not meaning to be offensive but you need to have a change of clothes!"

16. herf Guest

"Why good sir, you are very helpful."
    The ranger looks over the dead dwarf with slight amusement, "Looks like a nasty sort of fellow, mgiht be better that he was slain."
    "I take it that no-one will miss him?"
    Seeing the young mage nod the elf has an idea.
    "So would it be out of order of me to ask for his things? I wouldnt ask normally as im a good person at heart but i was robbed by the hobgoblins you...disposed off and i have nothing except what you see to my name, so may i? Maybe while im making use of the body we could chat and see what the other person's story is..."

Ooc: my racial enemy is humans, so what bonuses do i get?

[This message has been edited by herf (edited August 03, 2001).]

17. Rizzen Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] hey, ive been reading this story for quite a while now, and i just got enough courage to register. anyways, i was wondering if i could jump in this story and how? sorry if i posted this in the wrong place. plz reply asap thank you

18. Skedaddle Gems: 13/31

He observed his new outfit and decided that his wound has not done much bad to the new outfit. "Rats," he said aloud, "I was about to be killed and now I worry of my clothes!" Knomal ordered some food for himself but was in no mood to eat.

"It would be much easier for the city to send some seasoned warriors in disguise to capture whoever wanted the gem in his hands. And... 'Tis logical for an elf to want the gem, even for a dark elf. I am afraid that we could have made some powerful enemies there, and I suspect nobody would be there to care about our lives..."

[This message has been edited by Skedaddle (edited August 03, 2001).]

19. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

Xander looks over at Majikus's wounded leg and offers to help him with a heal spell. He is then asked why he did not help with the fight. Xander cooly, and without a hint of emotion, replies, "The hobgoblins didn't affect the balance of things. So I had no reason to become involved."

20. Deity Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

ooc: I'm guessing by skedaddles remark you have made it to an inn.

As the adventurers are eating a dark elf walks into the inn, not the one seen earlier, but none the less he is a full blooded Drow. He ventures over to a table, sits down and relaxes at his solitary table away from the others

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.