1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RCA: The Sundered Fellowship

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Erran, Aug 16, 2001.

1. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

The Cormorant sped on into the sunset as the first drops of rain fell. Jack kept on for as long as he dared, ignoring any pleas to return for the others. As the darkness closed in he dropped anchor off Eel Isle, little more than a sandbar in midstream covered in scrubby vegetation. Examining below decks he noted that the barge was taking in water and asked the party to take turns with the crew to pump out the bilges.
    And so they passed a troubled night, ever listening for the splash of approaching canoe paddles.

2. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Majikus wakes up and yawns...He looks around and notices that there is hardly anyone about so he decides to head on deck in hope of finding them there.

Upon reaching the deck Majikus looks about in surprise at the sight of many axes dug into the woodwork of the boat. He also notices blood stains and bolts embedded into the barge as well. Majikus spots Jack and asks him whats happened.

After hearing the story, Majikus asks where Xalen is and recieves an answer he does not desire...

"What!?! He was thrown off the ship! Damn! I ... gotta go downstairs and think ... damn ... so, who exactly is on this ship with us then?"

Majikus picks up Hooka nd starts stroking her absent-mindedly looking expectantly at Jack...

3. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Garacaius sits down on the deck and starts thinking about what has happened during the attack. A few tears are felled as he thinks of his friends who might be dead, even though he didn't know for sure. He was so close to death himself, so why shouldn't any of the others have been killed?

He shivers off the thought and goes to the railing of the boat and look across the river, and mutters a prayer "May your deities protect and guide you on your path, may our ways cross again and we can be reunited."

Exhausted after the fight, Garacaius walk past the others without a word. "I'm a bloody mess" he thinks to himself as he goes below deck and seeks out a corner where he enters the elven trance to get some much needed rest.

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited August 17, 2001).]

4. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Jakob lowered his sap, the battle was over before he could use it. He looked down at his unbloodied weapons and body, as his companions were retreating below decks with hastily bandaged wounds. "Hmm," he reflected, "I seem to have this amazing knack of staying out of battles taking place all around me..." He walked to the rail and looked back. Already, his weak eyes could not distinguish any of the figures. Who had gone, he wondered. He thought he had seen Pimm, who had been with him on the first investigation of the Crimson Serpent, and Xalen, his fellow conspiracy theorist, but who else was gone he could not say. He nodded to Garaciaus and added a prayer of his own. With no injuries or combat fatigue to speak of, he had no excuse to get out of work. He groaned at the prospect of spending hours manning a pump, ankle deep in muddy water. He took off his shoes, rolled up his breeches and went reluctantly down to the hold.

5. Zorac Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Milla, exhausted but otherwise uninjured after the battle, starts to dress the wounds of those of her comrades that got hurt by the pirates. She tries to get them to rest us much as possible and uses her healing skill to make them recuperate faster.

Going through the battle in her mind she can see some weak points in her fighting that she needs to improve. Hrmm, using the sling has to be a high priority in future excercises. Well, at least I didn't panic. I've heard that that can happen. The advantage of fighting in a team is also obvious. I really learned a lot in this fight that I can use next time.

"Hey Jack, is the boat ok or do we need to find somewhere to repair it?"

6. herf Guest

Surya finshes his time pumping water and rises above deck rested and clean, seeing a man walk past him surya points to the pump and hides a smile as the man groans.
    Appearing above deck Surya asks, "Is anyone in need of healing?"

7. Erran Gems: 19/31

Jack nodded to Milla: "Well, she's taken a bit of a battering but the old girl should be OK until we get to Nesme, I can get her patched up there.
    You lot handled yerselves pretty well back yonder, not bad fer a bunch o' land lubbers!"

8. Sniper Gems: 28/31

After being blatantly ignored, Majikus storms off away from Jack and heads down to the bilges and sees Jakob working hard pumping out water. Majikus takes his place next to him and starts helping.

"Where are you thinking of going when we reach our destination? Mind if i join you on your travels?"

9. Gash Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Gash surveyed the carnage on the deck. Several people were injured and there were arrows, bolts and discarded weapons littering the boat.

He gazed back accross the river, but could see no one on the bank, it was too dark. "I hope they're ok," he muttered to himself, "I'd hate for anyone to get hurt by those thugs."

He walked past Surya and went below deck for osme bandages

[This message has been edited by Gash (edited August 17, 2001).]

10. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Jakob continued working at the stirrup pump, more concerned with what looked like a leech swimming around his left foot. When he had satisfied himself that it was, in fact, a curled up leaf, he wiped his brow and looked up. "Well, mage," he said, "I didn't espect to see one of you down here. Thought wizards held themselves above manual labour. Evidently I misjudged you, like I misjudged the elf. Me, I don't rightly know what we're about. My best guess is that we're headed for Waterdeep to find Phinaeus Martok. It's still the same deal when we were trying to clear our names, only the conspiracy we're in seems a lot deeper. If you want to really shake up the establishment nd blow the lid of all manner of shenanigans behind the comfortable veneer of Bourgeouise society, count yourslef in. If you think I'm a loony, feel free to talk to someone else."

11. Erran Gems: 19/31

Eleint 4, 1371DR

The next day dawned cloudy but the storm had passed. No more canoes were sighted and the crew upped anchor and resumed the sail down the Surbrin. Thomas scurried around and made a headcount, 8 remained, including himself. He wondered how the others had fared, stranded on the edge of the Evermoors.

12. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Majikus wakes up and yawns... and gets in line with the remaining crew to get a headcount from Thomas. After the headcount, Majikus proceeds into the ship and has breakfast with a few others chatting about random things that crop up. After breakfast, Majikus takes leave and proceeds onto the deck where he watches the view...

"God! Wish i could enjoy this view without a fear of attack..."

13. Erran Gems: 19/31

Sunday night's online session:

As Majikus was thinking this Garacaius's keen hearing picked up a low droning sound from the south. Milla spotted a swarm of creatures aproaching that looked like a cross between giant mosquitos and overgrown bats. The party's nerve broke and they dashed below decks leaving the crew to their fate. They could hear the sounds of a battle and screams from the deck.
    Milla and Garacaius could not stand it and dashed out on deck. Stirges attached themselves to their necks and began to drain blood. Majikus pumped magic missiles into one but failed to dislodge it. Finally, sated, the vile creatures flew off leaving Milla and Garacaius weak from blood loss.
    Their friends dragged them below and tended their wounds. Majikus sent his cat 'Hook' up on deck, and declared the decks clear.
    Surya healed the sailors, including Jack who had stayed bravely at his post at the tiller.
    The Cormarant resumed its voyage towards Nesme.

OoC 1: The Stirges had 5HP each and an AC of 12 when attached.
    OoC 2: Continued under 'The Red Baron'

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.