1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Re-watching Babylon 5

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Chas, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Chas Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I know Tal is a Babylon 5 fan and I hope there are some others here to give advice.

I plan on re-watching the entire Babylon 5 series including movies as soon as I complete the whole collection. I missed some episodes during the original run and I never did watch season 5 except for the first couple episodes. I never watched any of the movies that were made after the series ended.

I found a recommended watching order on:
    http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/countries/master/eplist.html
    that includes the movies intermixed with the series.

**** Caution Spoilers ***** (not really, but jut in case)

In the original series, it was no secret that there was an Earth-Minbari war earlier. I think it even said this during the opening credits. The movie "In The Beginning" is about the war but was made after the series ended. I have never seen this one yet. It is in the list as the first one to watch. During the series they make references to the war and sloooowly leak information about what happened.

So my question is: Do you think watching the movie "In The Beginning" first is a good idea or not? Are there spoilers by watching the movie that will ruin the suspense within the series about the war? Those who have watched the whole series know what I am talking about. I have seen most of the episodes that mention the war anyway so there will be little suspense in re-watching. But I think I will still enjoy the hints that leak out and do not want that ruined if the movie tells too much.

2. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    In the Beginning mainly uses bits that were shown in season 4, and puts them all together to form a story, with some talk by Londo in the middle. It's best to watch, probably, at the middle to end of season 4. But as you know what happens, you can watch it first, I tend to. I watch right before I watch the pilot, The Gathering.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2008
  3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I'd watch it after The Gathering (just because Gathering is somewhat painful to watch after any later B5 stuff), but it doesn't make much difference. Lurker's is the definitive site for B5 information; I've gone through mostly everything in the order that they list and it was right on target.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.