1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Replay characters

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by DemonGavo, May 20, 2004.

1. DemonGavo Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I recently started playing IWD again after not playing for a long time... i found that creating characters different from what the game was intended for is really fun... e.i. i have both a werewolf and dragon that i us as characters to play the game.. it makes the game more interesting to see different avatars for characters. not that the game was not interesting before... don't get me wrong i believe this game is great.... :)

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Strange multiclass or party combinations might also be a fun thing to try. Like a whole six of wizards, or clerics, or perhaps a full melee-only party with no magic, just chopping :shake: :lol:

Or characters of different levels - adding a "squire" or "apprentice" during the course of the game, or starting with one new and one imported character.

3. DemonGavo Gems: 1/31

I once made a party completely of thieves. My little band of thieves were quite awesome. I ran through the game at one of the fastest paces I had ever done and without reviving (but getting several game overs) I ended the game with three of them still alive.

*Not reviving characters though hard is actually a very fun and challenging thing to try as well. :)

4. Orrick the Grey Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I found that a single druid, or a druid and a mage, are really fun to play, though extremely difficult. You get very powerful spells fast, though later you might have to add a new character because of max experience.

5. Elan Morin Tedronai Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Well, my latest achievement was a soloer Paladin. And over the solo Paladin I definitely prefer the solo Fighter/Cleric or Fighter/Druid for the cause... Look at my loooooooong list of passthrus... :) )))))))))

My first passthrough:
    Dwarven Fighter (Hammers and Axes)
    Half-elf - Fighter/Cleric
    Halfling Fighter/Thief (Long Swords, Long Bows, Short swords)
    Elf - Mage/Thief

after that:
    Elven Ranger - that rocks man! Long live Long Swords and Long Bows...and longevity... :) )
    Half-elf - Fighter/Druid (Scimitars and Slings)
    Human Bard
    Gnome Illuzionist/Thief

Two solos:
    Dwarven Fighter/Cleric (cuts arses like a hot knife through butter)
    Human Paladin (still good but the limit of spells turns him a little bit like a fighter...)

My current group:
    Half-elf Fighter
    Half-elf Cleric/Ranger
    Elf Fighter/Mage/Thief
    Human Conjurer

Next in list:
    Gnome Fighter/Thief
    Human Ranger9-10>Cleric
    Human Fighter9-10>Mage

And for a Requiem for end of playing that game maybe I'll create a band of six characaters for fun... :)

6. DemonGavo Gems: 1/31

You should try using my Werewolf or Dragon. They are downloadable at this site. They are way to strong, however, they have different avatars for the characters, so the werewolf actually looks like a werewolf....

It makes for some interesting meetings.... being that the barkeep in Easthaven is afraid of bugs, but will talk to a werewolf about it... :) and the man who has a little wolf problem has no problem asking a werewolf to do the work.

Just makes for some funny situations being as storyline doesn't change. Just hearing what they say and imagining them talking to a werewolf instead of a normal party.

EDIT: It spices up the game abit IMO.

7. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I had an all half-elf party

Half-elf Fighter/Rogue
    Half-Elf Cleric/Mage
    Half-Elf Bard
    Half-Elf Cleric/Fighter

It started out really hard, possibly because I was playing on the insane setting, but the experience soon kicked in and I had the bard up level 14 around Malavon, where I stopped. Good fun.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.