1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Resistance is futile

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Shralp, May 3, 2002.

1. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Ok, we beggled. We wheeded. We even asked nicely. But you still didn't buy Asheron's Call.

Ok, now you don't have to.

Try this free download of Asheron's Call, the massively multiplayer online role-playing game. You can DL the whole game.

Try it for 30 days. Look for Kao Chun, Kao the Lesser, Nul Vod, Shannon Ralp, or Shane Ralp. We'll hook you up.
    http://www.microsoft.com/games/pc/acdownload.asp

[Edited to add: Make sure you chose server Wintersebb!]

[This message has been edited by Shralp (edited May 03, 2002).]

2. Damona Silvercloud Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Ok, ya got me. I'm downloading it as I type this.

3. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] :rolleyes::toofar:
    Please, connecting cult sentence with Asheron's Crap is a blasphemy.
    How much does MS pay you for those commercials?

Instead of pestering people, why don't you write down a nice review with comparision between NWN and AC? You know: if we should spend money on AC right now, or rather keep it and wait for NWN.

If there is not a single reason to buy that game except *you* thing it's great, then my resistance is not futile.
    And if you continue with that "you must 'coz I say you must" behavior, I'll buy NWN and play NWN and even praise NWN just because of your madness similar to Septic's with B&W game which was total plagiarization of an old idea.
    You don't like this? Me neither.

4. Shralp Gems: 18/31

Veteran

Extremist, buy it now because I say so!

5. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

We will never surrender! Prepare to be boarded.

*ahem* I think I'd rather use the cash to buy Star Trek movies. Try MUDs instead, some good ones are totally free. You can even play at work with telnet ;)

6. Shralp Gems: 18/31

Veteran

What cash? There is no cash! It's free!

7. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

[​IMG] It's free eh? I better download it quick :)

(I finally persuaded microsoft's site to let me get it)

[Edit]

Ugh, having waited a fair while for the 110 MB file to finish downloading, I find out that I still need to have a credit card to play, despite the whol 'free coupon' thing. Ah well...

[This message has been edited by Wildfire (edited May 04, 2002).]

8. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

What about the 'try it for 30 days' part? Sounds like you have to pay after that. Not that I have a credit card anyway, I prefer to buy things with cash.

9. Damona Silvercloud Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

They need your credit card to start the subscription, but the first month isn't charged.

10. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] No way microsoft is getting one cent from me :borg:

11. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    that's right, Microsoft won't be getting 1 cent from you. They'll be getting $9.95 a month. :)

12. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] You guys seem to be missing the point here. Ahem: THE GAME, FOR THE FIRST 30 DAYS, IS ABSOLUTELY FREE! BTW Shralp, i'll be seeing you soon on AC. I just DL'd the demo.

13. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] Eh, I bet you can't cancel your account after one month of free play :p (minimum 3 months subscription for ex)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.