1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Robes of Stone - IC

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Rotku, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

You awake slowly, from what seemed like a deep sleep. Your head throbes painfully, but the gentle rocking and soft creaking of wood soon puts the pain out of your mind. You lie there, with your eyes closed, letting time slip by for a while - your mind still dazed from the sleep - with the throbbing pain seeming to drift into the distance.

After a few minutes of listening to the sounds, your head seems to stop spinning so fast and the first thing that occurs to you is just how cold it seems. You can feel a cold draft from somewhere near by, directly onto your bare skin. The smell carried on it seems somehow fimilar.

You eventaully open your eyes, your head still throbbing slightly. The first thing that you notice is how few clothes you have on - everything seems to have been stripped down to your undergarmets. A small amount of light seeps through the doorway, as well as a small, circular window - probably no larger than 30 centermeters wide - on the wall opposite the door.

Suddenly the events from the previous day, or when ever it was, come streaming into your mind. The ships sighted on the horizon. The fighting. The small town you were staying at been torched, with the weak, young and old trapped inside - screaming as they slowly cooked. Then the rope, you can still feel the burns around your wrists where you were tied up in a long line with the other able bodies in the village.

You gaze again around the small wooden room - it must be no larger than three by five metres, at a strech. In it you see six people, including yourself, all who seem to be slowly waking up, obviously with their heads throbbing with pain as well and all stripped down, like you, to their undergarmets. You notice some of their hair, matted with blood - obviously from where they were hit. None of them seem fimilar to you - maybe they were taken from the same town you were in, or perhaps the events at your town were merely one of many raids along the coast?

You spend a few moments, looking more closely at each of your fellow roommates. At least three of the occupants seem foreigners. One of them, a young man with strawberry blond hair and blue eyes seems to have come somewhere from the north and east of the empire, if your knowledge is anything to go on. Another one of the foreigners, a big built man, with dark hair, pale skin and bright blue eyes. The third foreigner, a woman, her bright blonde hair in a ponytail behind her, by her looks seems to hail from the far north, by the frozen planes.

The other three inhabitance of the room with you seem to be of a complextion more similar to that of a citizen of the Empire. The first one, a young man, seems visible tanned, like he has been outside for much of his resent life. The second, who seemed slightly older, possesses a dark, curly beard. The third, a young lady in her early twenties, who would probably have looked very nice if it weren't for the blood matted in her hair.

What do you do?

((Yes, one of those peopel described is you. In order of appearance (sorry if I got the description wrong) Ergurd, Zarthan, Mysterious Stranger, Frater Josan, Xanven and Ladyra))

2. Atmer

Atmer Wandering... Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Zarthan, looks around, an uncomfortable feeling takes over him. It has been a long time since he had to share such a small room with so many people. He tries to stand up just to fall hard on the ground. It seems he has underestimated his injury.

He drives his hand through the back of his head and feels the cut with his fingers. It was not bleeding but it still hurts. He makes another attempt to get on his feet, this time keeping his back against the wall for support. He somehow manages to get into a stand position. The floor underneath him seems to be moving, actually the whole world seems to shaking. Trying his best to ignore this uneasiness as much as he has ignored those around him. His eyes make long search around the room just to stop at the bright window just ahead of him...

3. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Ergurd's eyes study the badly damaged ring on his finger, eventually moving his fingers down to touch it. Ergurd's eyes smile with satisfaction upon touching it, the ring had managed to survive the incident.

Ergurd then daintily moved his hands to his face, closing his eyes as a look clouded in anxiety came over his face as he searched his face for wounds. The look of anxiety changed to that of relief as he noticed that no damage had come to his handsome face.

Ergurd's focus turned away from himself, to that around of the world around him. A frown came across Ergurd's face as he began to come aware of the rocking of the room he was in."

"By the Gods, I had better not find myself upon the sea." muttered Ergurd to himself.

[ February 13, 2007, 23:44: Message edited by: Ilmater's Suffering ]

4. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Josan woke slowly, his head hurt, he sat up gingerly and stood up, as his feet hit the floor he felt the vibrations and rocking that came only from a sailing ship.

"By Traba, we're at sea" he placed a hand on the deck, after a moment he continued "we're in the open sea, nearly full sail by the feel and pulling about 8 knots" he looked round the room.

"Has anyone tried the door?"

5. Atmer

Atmer Wandering... Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Zarthan looked through out the window. Water was all he could see. He turned around and notices that a couple of the inmates were already awaken.

Josan: "Has anyone tried the door?"

He hadn’t time to pay attention to the door. It was made of a hard dark wood. He made his way to it and tried to open it, but, just as he expected, it was closed from the outside. They were trapped.

“Damn it! We are locked! Does anyone know what is going on?”

6. DarkStrider

"Haven't got a clue, but somebody took us for a purpose and we may as well wait to see what that is." So saying he sat down with his back against the wall and started to meditate.

7. SaChaele Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

A small sound, like a whimpering groan comes from the brunette, who seems to be reagaining the conciousness and regretting it instantly.

"Could you please, please keep it down? Some of us are enjoying this really memorable headache and don't want to miss a moment of it," comes from the woman. She seems to gather her wits remarkably quickly though.

Ladyra blinks a bit owlishly and as her surroundings and roommates come into focus her eyebrows try to climb into her hairline. A slight blush is quelled even before it got the slightest notion of appearing and she decided to at least innocuosly enjoy the view while it lasts. As she does though, her mind finally registers the last thing said.

"I think I'm unfortunatelly able to picture quite a few possibilities, and none too appealing. You can probably too, no?" she mutters with a sour expression.

8. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Ergurd frowned upon hearing it was indeed a ship they where on. He proceeded over the to the locked door.

"We should force the door for if we are captured I'd prefer rend our captors with my bare hands or die in the attempt rather then waiting for them to come for us and do what the gods alone know."

9. Atmer

"We don’t know who they are and how many they are. We, on the other hand, have no weapons or armours. We wouldn’t stand a chance!"

10. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

Xanven just sat there, looking at the others discuss ways to get out of their confinement, however, for a strange reason that did not preoccupy him. The head throbbing concerned him more, and the fact that his memory was still empty did not help.

He lifts his hands and looks at them front and back, there is a sensation, a feeling of paradox within them. Regardless, he remains calm sitting down while the others talk among themselves.

[ February 15, 2007, 00:39: Message edited by: Maurolava ]

11. SaChaele Gems: 2/31

With nothing better to do, Ladyra decided to give the door a look as well. She was never one in favor of brute force and the inevitable ruchus accompanying that kind of approach. And she was getting bored while the door was the most interesting thing for the moment. Finally getting on her feet, she approached it. Her fingers travelled lightly over the surface of the locking device.

She took a step back and cocked her head while her right hand went unconsciously into her hair just to stop short.

"Damn the bastard that decked me." She growled, annoyed.

Her last, if a bit excentric, hair accesory was more than a simple headband. "Well, I doubt that I can do anything about this without at least some kind of tools." Instead of fishing her lockpicks, she started twirling a strand of her hair, still looking thoughtfully at the door. To her complete dismay, it didn't seem that her stare intimidated the wooden thing any.

12. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Suddenly a series of muffled bangs can be heard from just down the corridor.

"Help! Help! Let me out of here! I'm a citizen! You have no rights to do this! Help!" A male voice pleaded, as his fists continued to bang against a door not very far away from your own cell.

The noice continued for a minute or so, restlessly, before you hear a creek of a door swinging open.

"Silence, whoreson!"

You hear a thud, of something hitting soft flesh. The door seems to close. Then silence.

13. DarkStrider

"And by the sounds of it I think they want us to stay here. Look on the bright side, we're alive, we're fairly healthy, and they want us alive. While we live there is hope, we need information, arms, armour, tools, and we need to work as a team together. Otherwise we're going nowhere." Josan said from his position on the floor "Our tricky friend has had a look at the door and without tools she can do nothing. Besides we're on a ship in the open sea, and it's a biggish one if a room below deck is this size. That'll mean ye need 20 men doing 12 hour shifts to run it. Normally you run three shifts, that means possibly 30+ crew to fight through, I think they have the advantage. SO I'n going to wait"

14. Atmer

“So you are a sailor, right?”

Zarthan, said that as he looked through out the window. The sun was setting in the horizon, the first stars were starting to appear, which gave him an idea.

“I’ve heard stories of sailors mapping their way through the stars. Do you possess that kind of ability? Can you guess where we’re heading?”

15. DarkStrider

"Aye I've sailed before, if I recognise the stars then there's a chance of guessing where we're going, yes" he stood up and moved to the window.

16. SaChaele Gems: 2/31

"Tricky, whatever," Ladyra mumbled and cast around for a nice place to spend the next few hours in. The choices weren't all that great and with a sigh she slumped at the nearest wall.

She considered the words of the alleged sailor the first reasonable thing she heard so far, and decided that there was nothing she could do. The headache was still bothering her and she didn't fell up to useless yelling or pounding at the door. Other unfortunate has already proven exactly where that leads.

With a sigh she turned her attentnion to the possible revelation of their heading and the single star that she could see at her angle.

17. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Ergurd began to pace near the door, clearly someone whose body was on edge.

"We should be ready to fight. I'm not espousing that we attack the guards as they come through the door, but we must be ready to fight should they try apply force to us."

Ergurd turned to Josan.

"Sailor, do know what make of ship this is? Can you tell the faction who pilots this vessel?"

18. DarkStrider

"My name is Josan, YOU may call me Frater, I am a cleric of Traba, and I've sailed before; but asking me tell whose ship this is and what type it is from the inside, is a bit much don't ye think?"

19. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Ergurd crossed his arms defensively and glared, an action that seemed ridiculous given the small amount of clothing he was wearing.

"I never know what to expect from you sailing types. Some captains seem to bond with a ship like one would a lover. They could tell ships apart more easily then I can horses."

20. Rotku

OOC: So sorry guys! I've been really busy these past few weeks! Give me another two days and then I'll get things rolling again! Sorry for the delay :(

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.