1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Roleplaying? Can somone elaborate?

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Gash, Jul 24, 2001.

1. Gash Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Uuh yeh guys this looks really fun and I would like to join, but without being to blunt or crude.

What the f*** do you do?

2. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Are you asking about 'this' forum or role-playing in general?

For this site folks having created 3E D&D that they expect to use when NWN comes out. We are just doing some RP for that game and for ALFA. See the FAQ under Neverwinter Nights under games on this site as well.

Does that answer your question or is it about role-playing in general?

3. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Heh. I'm not roleplaying for alfa, since I'm not a member. I'm just roleplaying for, well, for the fun of it I guess. This is my first chance to ever be in a pnp game, so I jumped on the chance. It's fun if you develop a taste for it. Besides, I had to put all these source books and suppliments to use somehow ;)

4. Gash Gems: 14/31

No i mean just this topic bro.

5. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] Roll up a 32pt buy 3E level 1 character with 120gp worth of gear, send it to me, then jump in!

6. Gash Gems: 14/31

cheers Erran but i gotta tell ya i have only ever played DnD once. For 5 minutes. Umm so....how would i go about that?

7. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] The link is down the bottom of the '3E & NWN weapon skill system, posted by Ragsa. You can't play D&D for 5 mins, it takes longer than that to 'get it out of the box' :)

On Roleplay verses Powergaming: Anyone on Wed nights online session saw some 'pure' roleplaying. People interreacting in character, having fun. No-one got killed, not even any monsters. When Jakob gave himself up beecause that's what his character WOULD do, even though he could have been hanged, he was Roleplaying with a capital R. If you thought it was boring, stupid or pointless because no-one got any Phat Loot then NWN/ALFA is probably not for you.

[This message has been edited by Erran (edited July 26, 2001).]

8. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Erran, y'know in the equipment section where you buy your stuff...well what is assets and baseline about?

9. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Developing a character is definately half the fun. Deciding what classes and levels to take and checking over the base attack bonuses and whatnot is interesting if a little tedious, but developing a charcter and really getting into the persona is great. Course Phat L00t and mosters ain't that bad, till they grapple you and flail away with their six arms or bite you with one of their three heads while the other one is breathing fire at you ;) Character interaction is a great way to develop your character while still giving him a good chance to stay with the living. Good plot Erran, expecilly liked the part about the priest. Never saw that coming.

10. Erran Gems: 19/31

Baseline is how much cash the program is giving you. I am giving you 120gp. Please adjust your cash using the up/down arrows to ensure that your assets total 120gp. When you gain cash or spend it you wil need to adjust those. Things you buy/acquire from me you will need to write in manualy if they are not covered.

11. The Amazing Oopah Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Erran, I'm going away on holiday for 2 weeks tomorrow, but would it be possible to join when I get back (14th)?

12. Erran Gems: 19/31

Pick up the threads here, thats what they're for.

13. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Erran:

A 32 pt character? Should that be 72 pts, or is 3E on a different system than 3-18 per characteristic?

14. Zorac Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.