1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Romances

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Dem0nKnight, Jan 27, 2002.

1. Dem0nKnight Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I just entered the Underdark(Chapter 5) and I dont have a romance. In fact, im not even close to one. I dont have Jaheira, Aerie, or Viconia in my party either. Can you romance with anyone else?

2. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

In the underdark, I think it's pretty tough. In the drow city, I think the romance dialogues can continue, but in the dungeons it never does.

Chapter 6(?) will let you finish up the romances.

3. Lord Sarevok Guest

Ah, Anomen too if you're female.

4. Nalia, if you have that patch or whatever downloaded, I believe.

5. Dem0nKnight Gems: 1/31

i dont have any of them in my party. im doing a solo.

6. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] You wouldn't be happening to be soloing a female Demonknight would ya? Shortly in the Underdark, you'll be meeting up with about 5 or 6 male Demonknights. That might be your only shot at a romance :grin: :p

PS How do I know they are males? Well look closely, you don't see any breasts do you? Refer to Sir Bel's avatar for further inspection. :p

[This message has been edited by Big B (edited January 28, 2002).]

7. Dem0nKnight Gems: 1/31

so you dont have to be with the people like Jaheira? you can be with them demon knights or w/e? i am a male elf though. i was thinkin in Ust Natha I might meet some drow women :p

8. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

SPOILER AHEAD.

In fact, you can get a *small* romance in the drow city... But it's only a one night stand :D

[This message has been edited by Faragon (edited January 28, 2002).]

9. Dem0nKnight Gems: 1/31

yeah i no. its...*SPOILER*

Phaere. I read the book, and i watched my friend play like the whole game.

*END OF SPOILER*

What i want to know is can u get a romance with any person in the game? or do u have to have the romance programs in the dialogue files.

10. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You can only have a romance with an NPC. Only a few of them: Aerie, Jaheira, Viconia and Anomen. And Nalia if you download. IIRC, they are busy with a Minsc and Valygar romance.
    Some races can't have romances, like the half orc and dwarf, IIRC.

But if you are solo, you stay single :D

BtW: A one-night-stand is NOT considered Romance. Not in BG2, and surely not in real life.

[This message has been edited by Master of Nuhn (edited January 28, 2002).]

11. Dem0nKnight Gems: 1/31

Hehe. I guess I'll just have to download the Nalia thingy and see how they did it. Then I'll make my own with maybe...another character that I made! Or something like that. I dont really care about a romance though, because, unless I can program my own romance(highly doubt it), there isnt really any way I'm gonna get Jaheira or Aerie in my party.

12. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

**possible tiny spoiler**

On a sidenote, what about Garren Windspear's child? I was running a paladin, and after saving her she made a pass at me. I didn't pursue it because I was in a romance with Aerie at the time, but now I wonder what would have happened if I had followed up on it. Anybody know?

13. Laksol Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Don't need pursue her, she leaves on her own after going freedom, you will meet her later in her home.

14. [​IMG] I think he ment more along the lines of Not prusuing the pass that she made at him.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.