1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Rome Total war; Question

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Ofelix, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Ave!

In the game (Imperial campaing) the Senate asked me to do a sea blocade of Carthage, okay no problem, but just how am I suposed to do that? I just put some boats near Carthage's port, but I failed the mission. Now the Senate asked me again the same task. I'm in need of much help here!

2. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Avé!
    "attack" the port: task one of your boats on it.
    That's all :)
    For the Senate and People of Rome!
    :borg:

3. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

A blockaded port has different graphic than a unblockaded one. Pretty obvious to distinguish. When you use your ship to blockade a port, all the dash lines coming in and out of the port, the trade route, will disappear.

4. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Ave

You don't necessarily have to blockade ports with ships. If you own a region anywhere nearby, you can also block a port by placing an army right next to it, you'll notice the difference when you did it right. It works likewise with ships, highlight one of your fleets, and move the cursor towards the harbour in question, and simply order to attack.

5. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    It's that simple? I thought I had to ''block'' the ships... meh. Thanks!

What is better? AI control of Cities of manual?

[ February 08, 2006, 04:57: Message edited by: Ofelix ]

6. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Manual but if you can't stand micromanagement (in the later stages of the game) I'd probably suggest AI control.

7. Pac man Gems: 25/31

I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but there is a mod called Rome Total Realism. It completely revamps your game up to the point where units are almost historically correct, the map is much larger, with many more cities to conquer, other factions, no more uberunits such as the Roman Urban Cohorts, and the Praetorian Cavalry, and many more features that are a big improvement. There's just one downside to it, once installed you cannot play the original RTW campaign anymore, and it's not compatible with Barbarian Invasion. There's an easy enough solution for it though, by copying your RTW submap into another directory, so you create several RTW installations, each installation for it's own modification.

8. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Actually it is compatable with the BI mod. They've also made a BI version of the Total Realisim mod. You can use them both since you click different buttons to start the separate games.

9. Pac man Gems: 25/31

I'm not aware of that yet, but i do know that RTR needs to be installed over a clean RTW install, and it won't run if you installed BI prior to RTR.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.