1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

ROME

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Enagonios, May 19, 2007.

1. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] <edit> Removed my drunken rant :D Suffice to say, this show totally owns. I can't wait until HBO finishes ASoIaF. If it's anywhere near the quality of this series, it will be awesome.

[ May 20, 2007, 15:30: Message edited by: Enagonios ]

2. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Um, what?

You know season 2 is over and done (and with it, the show), right?

3. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Eh?

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I think someone needs to cut back on his coffee. :mommy:

5. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

sorry :o just finished season 1 last night and then went out and got drunk as hell at a friend's party :D

I just got season 2 though but haven't started it yet. Is that the end of it? No more season3??

6. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    I think you should have left it. As rants go, it did have a certain raw enthusiasm.

7. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

hehe, thanks, every word correctly spelled and all names capitalized too iirc? not bad for a guy who didn't even remember writing it until I saw it the next morning ;)

I would've left it but the part about me assuming command (again, I probably imagined I was Octavius or something :rolleyes: ) was just too embarrassing :D

glad you guys were able to enjoy it though :p

8. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I knew I should've read it while I could.

9. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Rome is awesome. I downloaded Series 2, as it's not even got airing dates in the UK yet. Wicked stuff. Trying to decide which series was the better one...

[ May 21, 2007, 23:23: Message edited by: Barmy Army ]

10. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I got the box set of the first one, one of my favourites. Havent seen the second yet still waiting for a dvd release / airing so no spoilers without warning please. :p

Oh and you were right Enagonios, Brutus is a b*****d.

11. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

hehe glad you caught my limited edition rant duffin ;) but imo the biggest b*tch in the lot is servillia. talk about "hell hath no fury like a woman spurned". Brutus is merely self-righteous and easily manipulated. I am on episode 8 (of 10) in season 2 and should be finished by tomorrow night. This series totally owns. If Caesar was portrayed accurately in this series then the world really did lose a man of great vision with his assassination. (surely that's not a spoiler to ANYONE? :p )

Also, Marc Antony is a definite badass in this series, especially in season 1.

12. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Rome was great - I was crushed when I heard they were only making 2 seasons. If you get the chance, rent or buy I, Claudius. It's a BBC series from the 1970s. It picks up where Rome ends, and will take you all the way to Nero's reign.

13. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

I second what Sir Belisarius says. I, Claudius is great both as book and as the tv serie. Also the roman family by Colleen McCullough, a series of six books is really great, it takes you from Marius and Sulla, to the time when Augustus takes power over rome.

14. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Just got Season One on dvd...

15. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

I've been trying to find a copy of I, Caludius by Robert Graves but have had no luck so far. I was able to get a copy or McCollough's First Man in Rome, the one about Marius. I'll be starting that one soon.

16. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Half.com has DVDs of I, Claudius $55 USD and VHS for $35 USD. Not a bad price for them. I paid 90-100 for the dvds new.

17. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Rome starts tonight on BBC2 I think in the UK. Been watching my boxset of series 1 over the past week while I've been revising and it's still as class as it was when i first saw it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.