1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Rumors/teasers

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by ejsmith, Apr 6, 2002.

1. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

So, what's everyone looking forward to in IwD2?

I have to admit, I'm looking forward to perusing the few areas which are redone from One. But I know right next to nothing about the books, and consequently the Icewind, so I'm kinda in limbo. Like waiting/excited about Episode 2, when I'm ashamed that I even watched Episode 1. Regardless of it being (specifically) a 'Kid' movie, and justifed by the rest of the series.

I'm not sure about the new composer, even though Soule was 'hired' as a consultant (whatever that means). The artwork looks really good (*REALLY* good), and all the class/race works out too. And how about the story? Or the voice actors, for that matter.

Bottom line: I'm excited, but sweating them (Black Island) blowing it...

Anyone else sweating it?

2. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I really look forward to subraces and to see how other 3rd edition rules work in the game. Other than that I'm looking forward to everything that made Icewind Dale 1 great (big fights!).

3. TheBlackRose Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

All the 3E rules.

4. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] More of the same things about IWD1 mostly. Great production, music, art and atmosphere, and really cool voice acting. Its a great game just to look at, listen to and play and for all the downplating the story wasn't all that bad. I think IWD2 will look and sound awesome, and I'm eager to get into a new story. I've been plugging away at 1st person shooters and I'm redoing BG1 and then 2, but it just isn't the same as a heavy duty new game experience.

5. DemoGorgon Guest

Making chars is a fun point for me, and im sure they'll be plenty of it! :)

6. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] I'm looking forward to the new classes, the new spells, 3e multiclassing and the storyline!:D:grin::D

7. Uytuun Gems: 25/31

Media:
    The reason to buy Icewind dale(I think) is that you can now create 6 really unique character (subraces etc.) that can become true heroes.

8. Faragon Gems: 25/31

Veteran

I'm very curious to the subraces and multiclass options. They will make far more interesting characters than your standard class.

I'm also pretty excited about knocking goblins off worgs. I like knocking people off stuff :grin:

9. desperado Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Veteran

I expect it to be far better that PoR(suppose to use 3rd ed Rules). I like the ideas of the subraces. I wonder if the xp penalty will be significant.

Thing I would like to be implent.
    -Druid having unique spell not available to cleric. (3rd ed spell list)
    -Bard having non-damaging spell and even "cure" type spell (3rd ed spell list)
    -Some kind of armor(chainmail) that will allow bard to cast while wearing it (Like IWD1 and BG2)
    -Set of portrait that could represent any mix of class/race/sex (For example, in BG2 you got only 1-2 portait of a Half-Orc) I would like to be able to make some strange class/race combinaison like Half-Orc Bard, Halfling berserker and have a good picture to represent it.
    - Better spell effect.
    - I TRUE dual-wielding system
    - Coming back through the decision of removing the kits.

I know that the level caps is 30 but the only way you can get there is to play heart of fury mode. Does anybody have an idea about the level you should be when you end the game for the first time? (Before HoF)

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I believe they said about 14. (With a full party.)

11. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] The class creation. I spent hours making my character for bg and playing with all the options it was sooooo fun. BG2's character creations just wasn't good enough. Then we come too the number 1 character creation IWD 2 all those options for 6 whole characters all mine all for me. No lamely designed and pointless skills on my characters like those weeny BG2 npc's had. Soon my thirst for the creations of the tiefling party shall be fuliflled and the tieflings shall rule the dales!! muhahahahahah :hahaerr: !!!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.