1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Scariest Sesame Street Character

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Dice, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    OK, I know this is kind of a weird topic, but it came to me while I was chatting with my 2 year old.

In my opinion, none of the sesame street characters are the least bit scary, but if you could choose one, (or one that has the potential to be scary), who would it be?

I would probably choose Cookie Monster. After all he does have a tremendous and uncontrolable appetite. Who knows how far he could go if he slipped off the edge.

So... who do you choose?

2. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Ernie from Burt & Ernie. Waaaaaaaaay too creepy.

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    They're all creepy.

Elmo seems schizophrenic. I'm just waiting for him to one day suddenly go: *cough* GOLEM! GOLEM! *cough*

Cookie Monster might be the link to childhood obesity. That dude will eat anything...

Whenever I see Big Bird, I think of that Mad TV skit where Big Bird gets the Bird Flu and kills all the other puppets. :lol:

IIRC, Burt and Ernie are brothers...so the underlining homo-erotic tension between the two is kind of creepy.

And then there's Oscar the Grouch. The dude lives in a friggin' trash can, and is so pissed off at everything that he seems like he's about to have an aneurism...either that, or he's going to freak out and murder someone. :eek:

I don't know what to think about Grover. He seems a little chemically imballanced. :rolling:

4. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    :lol: :lol: ... Hey, it's not Grover's fault if he's chemically unbalanced!

Are you serious about Bert and Ernie being brothers? Where did you hear that? I've never seen anything that indicates they are related. I thought that they were just supposed to be best friends.

5. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Is nothing save anymore?

6. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    That stoner Snuffleupagus! :lol:

7. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Count von Count. Because he can count higher (ie. >10) than I can. An accountant's worst nightmare. :p

8. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I was terrified of the yeppers as a kid. Still haven't figured out why.

9. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

If I lived in a garbage can I'd be pissed off 24/7 too!

I've seen a few things on You Tube or Robot Chicken, and Elmo and Kermit the Frog top the list...

10. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I would have to say Big Bird. Imagine walking down Sesame Street then bird droppings hits you. :grin:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2008
  11. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Frank and Stein perhaps. I've heard of kids being scared of the yippers and the honkers.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.