1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

School

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Mollusken, Nov 13, 2000.

1. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I'm getting tired of it now. Except from that I only enter these boards from school.

Right now we're having economy on the computer room. BORING! We're learning Word and Excel. The basics. Imagine.

2. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Wow. Such fun. I'm at work. Enjoy school while it lasts.

Syl...

3. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Tell me about it, Moll! I just got out of Calc 2, and am waiting for my next class. And it's only my first semester too. Oh the silliness.

4. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Enjoy school! Working all the time is brutal...Working and going to school is even more so!

But at least I have more money to take cooler Spring Break Trips! ;)

5. Silver Dragon Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Hah, I only just finished year 8, so don't go complaining when I still have 4 years to go.

6. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Only year 8 you have a long way to go. I though college and grad school were bad but now in retrospect working and going to school was cake. Hard but fun. Now working all the time is ugly. Enjoy classes why you can. Delay the real world as long as you can. :) Lots of college!

7. Wassup Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I'm also at work right now. And I also go to university 2 evening per week. This, is hard.

8. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I work full time and go to law school 4 nights a week...So I feel your pain Wassup!

I'm off until 1/2 after today! I need the break!!!

9. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I must say, I am sympathetic to those still in high school. I HATED doing time there. Biggest problem was that it was boring. I graduated and never looked back! I hate when people say, "enjoy it while it lasts!" or "you'll wish you could go back!". That only tells me that you must have made a lousy career choice, if you hate going to work. I have a job that I love, and high school is just a bad memory...

Now, university...that's a whole different story...hehehe

10. Wassup Gems: 9/31

Darien Noella--> Where you a nerd, or kinda loser in High School?? Just to know why you hated those years liek that.

I had a lot of fun in HS, lot of friend, no responsability, just thinking about fun & girls. And for now, I have a job that I love, university is hard, but i like it(i'm just finishing my bachelor degree in marketing/commerce/administration). I have a fiancee. Life is quite good, but it dont seem to be as funny and easy as it was.

11. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Not really. I just didn't want to fit into one of the ready made clicks. I went to school in the same small town from PK to 12, so we all knew each other forever. Boring! I was honor roll, played a couple sports, but just hated the constrictions and the condecension of the teachers...

I actually had a blast outside of HS. Plenty of friends, (although few still in HS) and lots of parties. My parents divorced my sophmore year, and then i had to work to help ends meet. Even that was better than some mind numbing American History class with a bunch of yahoos who didn't give a damn. I realize that lots of people begin lifelong friendships at that age, but even today most of my friends are older than me by 5 years or more.

OK. I've read what I've just written, and it's probably WAY more than you wanted to know...LOL. I just think that life is only as fun as you make it, and I didn't learn that til after high school.

12. Wassup Gems: 9/31

Okay, I understand your point.

13. big_wiggler Guest

I go to an all- boys. You might not think it, but it's a laugh. Especially if you're a shirt lifter like a lot of them are...

14. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Hah, Darien, sounds like we went to the same school. But I enjoyed at least the last 2 years of high school. The rest of it was miserable and gave me social complexes it took me years to break. Oh the fun.
    Anyway, back to the origional post. I remember when we had to lean First Choice on some old as dirt computers that used thoes really big floppy disk drives. The stupid things didn't have the HD space to keep the program on it, so we had to constatly change disks. Then we uped to 386's, and had to learn Pascal and a very old version of Word Perfect(had to go back in and type code for everything you wanted to do/correct). Brutal.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.