1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sentencing of serial rapist/murderer

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by dmc, Aug 9, 2011.

1. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    This is making the news in a couple of places. This guy had a previous attempted rape conviction, was let out after 15 years, and proceeded to rape and kill about a dozen women.

Link

His lawyer, in trying to get him out of a death sentence.

LKD will love this quote:

Let me understand -- the fact that he was a relatively well-behaved prisoner the last time he was locked up should be reason not to execute him for luring, raping and killing a dozen women once he was let out? Huh, come again?

Plus, this isn't like any of those various Texas executions where there was real doubt. The guy's house was filled with his victims.

2. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Prisons are such wonderful schools. I am against the death penalty, he sure seems insane and I am of the opinion that being locked up for life in a psych ward juiced to the max is not a nice thing.

3. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    To be fair, keeping the bodies of a dozen of your murder victims in your house does (in addition to being really gross) is pretty freakin' crazy.

4. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

He attempted his first rape before ever seeing the inside of the prison. He didn't learn about being a criminal piece of crap from a prison initially. The only mistake they made was letting him out the first time.

Crazy or not, society still needs to be protected. The frick with his rights. Who speaks out for the rights of the dozen or so women he raped and murdered? Is the fact he had a terrible childhood a reason to permit him to do these terrible things?

Maybe I'm too simplistic. Maybe I should look past the 12 dead bodies and I'll find that underneath it all this guy is really a good guy who just never had a chance. Maybe I'll end up singing kumbaya with him and joking about how it took him 12 murders to find himself, but now he's at peace, and that's all that really matters, isn't it? Maybe I'll realize that my life's work is to go and tell those families of the dead women that they should be happy that their daughters' brutally violent deaths helped this poor benighted soul.

Maybe pigs will fly.

5. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Oh, I'm not saying he should be set free or that he isn't guilty - I'm just sayin' it's F-ed up to store dead bodies in your house.

6. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Sorry, there was a little spillover there from the London Rioting thread.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.