1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Shipped!

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Veldrin, Aug 27, 2002.

1. Veldrin

Veldrin We'll ride the spiral to the end Veteran

2. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Finally! I'm looking forward to it even if it takes longer to get to us.

3. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

Can anyone say:

HOORAY!!!!!!

4. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    HOORAY!!!!!! :grin:

5. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

Very funny, Kenneth.

Anyways, i'm. very happy that the game i've been drooling on for months is finaly out :D :)

6. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Don't forget all these bad reviews we keep seeing, do the research, most people who've got a taster hate it.

7. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I never hated any of the games I bought no matter how bad they were.

8. Veldrin

Veldrin We'll ride the spiral to the end Veteran

I haven't really seen many bad reviews. Lot's of places reviewed old versions.

9. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] This is when I know I've hit ancient and its time for a new computer -- when I doubt I'll be able to play an IE game on my computer.

My general assumption was if it's an IE game surely my comp can handle it. But just in case I checked up on the restrictions for IWD II. I don't have an 8x cd-rom or the processor level required. And it's no use "upgrading" as my computer is a 4+ year hunk o' junk with the monitor going out. Sometimes I litterally have to beat my monitor to get the screen to clear up.

I'm supposed to get a new computer for graduation, but that's all the way in May. (There I just had to give the monitor a good whack, see what I mean? Anyways...) My monitor going out is a good excuse for my parents to go ahead and let me get a new computer :evil: . I have enough money on my own to get one now, but my parents are all about saving. I know my mom, she'll be like, "Oh just wait until May." She'll use the fact the as part of my graduation gift she and the rest of the family will get me a couple o' hundred dollars to help finance the new computer. And since my parents are helping to pay for my college education I fall under their jurisdiction. But as I said, my monitor going out and my fat double-time pay check coming in December ought to work in my favor for getting a new computer a semester early. Then I come hop on some NWN, Morrowind, IWD2, JK2, and a slew of games I've been denied lately because of my dinosaur of a computer.

Ok that's my rant. In short, no IWD II for me... yet.

10. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Z-Layrex, can you please give us links to those bad IWD II reviews? I haven't seen any...

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Some gaming mags have posted reviews that weren't higher than 6-7/10 and the like. But all of those were yammering about how bad the graphics were and how better a RPG experience NWN is. Which, in short, means that the reviewers are total imbeciles. Either that, or that the only CRPG they've played in their whole life is NWN.

Anyway, I posted the news about it shipping on the front page of SP.

[ August 28, 2002, 11:45: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

12. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] The major gaming store here in Sweden is Tradition (owned by EB now I believe) said just a couple of days ago that on August 30 I could most likely buy IWD2 in their stores.
    Now they say September 27...
    :mad:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.