1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Site News - Lots of New Additions

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by NewsPro, Feb 18, 2001.

1. NewsPro Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

(Originally posted by Sorcerer)

Changes, Updates, Additions... Tons of Each

Well, two months have passed since the last major update, so here we go again. This baby took way too much of my time to put together but since I'm known for being very sadistic when it comes to working on my site, I gave it my finest. ;)
    I hope you will enjoy it!

Subsection Updates - Community

A small update was made here, namely to the Related links subsection. I have added another fansite, plus a news site with an animated banner.

Some rather important modifications were made to the About Us subsection as well. I have added bios of Erran and Blackthorne, latest members of the Sorcerer's Place Team and changed Syl's status to retired, since he won't be working with us anymore.

Subsection Updates - Fantasy Books

Thought the Other Recommended Books section was going to stay so poorly decorated forever? Wrong. I spent a few hours looking for some great books and added a bunch of new ones. A big thanks to the guy who recommended Gemmel's books to me.
    By the way, those Harry Potter books aren't there for no reason. Just out of curiosity, I decided to read one and I must say I have been impressed. Rowling is an exceptional storyteller, and I highly recommend her books.

Subsection Updates - Games -> Baldur's Gate 1

I have come up with a surprising amount of new additions to this part of the site. For starters, four new walkthroughs and guides were added to the main subsection.
    A significant addition was also made to the Tips, Tricks & Hints subsection. I have updated the list of tricks there, added a huge list of all creatures from the game, plus an extensive guide dealing with NPCs. All that's missing is a spray paint can so I could make a colorful BG's NOT DEAD graffiti somewhere.

Subsection Updates - Games -> Planescape: Torment

Another huge chunk of NPC quotes were submitted to me by Rasmus, so I added them all to our Planescape: Torment NPC quotes list.

Subsection Updates - Games -> Icewind Dale

I have updated the Heart of Winter features list, plus added updated versions of all downloadable walkthroughs.

Subsection Updates - Games -> Baldur's Gate 2

As usual, the biggest bunch of new additions was made to this game section. Starting with the main Walkthroughs & Guides subsection, there you will be able to find an excellent new walkthrough, a very interesting class FAQ and an AD&D rules FAQ, explaining the ins and outs of 2nd edition D&D.
    Moving on to the Tips, Tricks & Hints subsection where two old item lists were removed and replaced with a new, much better one. As per custom, I have also updated my Humongous List of Cheats and added a ton of monsters for your creating pleasure.

Next is the Editors, Hacks & Caps Removers subsection. I have added 5 new interesting custom kits you can use in your game. I still don't know who the author is, so if anyone has a clue, please drop me a note.

By popular demand (OK, in all this time, I got 1 request to put it up), I have also added Jon Irenicus' portrait you will definitely want to use in your game.
    Yeah, right.

Valentine's is already behind us, but that doesn't mean you can't have some more lovin' fun in Baldur's Gate 2...
    I have added another NPC romances hack similar to the old one, but this one should work with the patched game as well. Polygamy at it's finest.

Last new additions here are four new soundsets. I don't know when we started specializing in those, but the fact is, altogether we now have 34 voice packs available for download. It's nuts, especially since all of them are very good, so deciding which one to pick is becoming increasingly difficult.
    Anyway, the 4 new soundset are: 2 of Guybrush Threepwood (cool), one of Murray, The Talking Demonic Skull (best soundset EVER), and a huge 19 MB file containing soundsets of all NPCs from Baldur's Gate 2, a highly requested item.
    These were all obtained from FilePlanet, but I'm doing everyone here a big favor by offering them for download, since getting anything off FilePlanet is a nightmare. Honestly, FilePlanet gives the words "seriously overloaded servers" an entirely new meaning.

Subsection Updates - Games -> Neverwinter Nights

Erran has been busy working on our AORTA Guildpages, and it shows. The entire section has been made anew and I think it looks and feels much better than before.
    Slowly, but surely, we're getting there.

- Direct Links

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2018
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.