1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Site News - New Additions, Changes etc.

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by NewsPro, Apr 8, 2001.

1. NewsPro Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

(Originally posted by Sorcerer)

Subsection Updates -> Community

There has been some confusion regarding the Friendly Arm Inn (our official chatroom), and the other one listed in the Chatrooms subsection. Since we have completely abandoned the old EFnet channel by now, I decided to remove it from the list. That should clear things up a bit.

Subsection Updates -> Fantasy Books

Two new additions to the 3rd Edition D&D Books subsection were made. First is a new guidebook to clerics and paladins called Defenders of the Faith (pre-order), and the second the Forgotten Realms Interactive Atlas, which is a very cool product and a must for any serious FR player or DM.
    The atlas is a computer program, but since I don't really have a separate section for them (it's not like there are any others like that anyway), I simply put it in the most fitting place on the site. Just in case you were wondering. ;)

As always, your support in the form of purchases through the links at Sorcerer's Place is much appreciated.

Subsection Updates -> Games

Our game store store has been updated again. Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk now both have a Icewind Dale & Heart of Winter double pack available for purchasing.
    In case you do not have these games yet, make sure to get this cool bundle, it is definitely worth the money.

Subsection Updates -> Fantasy Worlds

Thanks to Erran, our AORTA guildmaster we now have a nicely laid out section dedicated to "finding" out where in the Forgotten Realms your character hails from. This will undoubtedly be very helpful to anyone who is putting together an application for any of the online Neverwinter Nights worlds like ALFA for example.
    Two versions of the document are available. You can either view it online in full, or download both tables as Excel spreadsheets. Check them out in the Forgotten Realms subsection.

Subsection Updates - Games -> Icewind Dale

There is a new version of the Heart of Winter walkthrough I have made available for download in the last update. You can download it from the Walkthroughs & Guides subsection.

Subsection Updates - Games -> Planescape: Torment

A while ago one of the members of our message boards expressed frustration at not being able to find more hankies required in one segment of the game after he dumped them all. I don't quite remember if we found a better solution to the problem than reloading, but I did a little digging and found out that the items list for TormentHack has been updated with the very same item codes - for hankies among others.

So if you find yourself stuck with the same problem, make sure to download TormentHack from the Editors, Hacks & Cap Removers subsection. With it you can replace any of the items in your inventory with a hankie for example.

Subsection Updates - Games -> Baldur's Gate 2

Deborah Norris has let me know that there is an updated version of her Baldur's Gate 2 desktop theme available. Several little things about it have been fixed, such as: the code errors experienced by Windows 95 users, a My Documents theme association, black background behind "Baldur's Gate II" title in wallpaper has been filled, etc. Get the newest version of the theme from the Miscellanea subsection.

As usual, I have made another huge update to my Throne of Bhaal features list. If you are interested in the upcoming expansion, checking it out is a must. You can find the list in the Walkthroughs & Guides subsection.

On a similar note, Interplay has finally put together a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) list for Throne of Bhaal. There is not much news there for anyone who has read my ToB features list, but you might find it informative all the same. The FAQ can be found in the Tips, Tricks & Hints subsection.

A guy named Moff has sent over a small collection of character portraits which he names NeoUgly portraits. Don't ask me why, I haven't a clue. And no, they are not THAT bad. ;)
    Anyway, the portraits can be found in the Editors, Hacks & Cap Removers subsection. Download them and see if they fit your style.

Subsection Updates - Games -> Neverwinter Nights

We have updated out AORTA guild roster with new members. In case you are wondering, we are up to 12 members already. If you want to find out more, surf over to the AORTA guild pages.

The latest version of NWMap, a freeware graphical tile-based mapping and module design utility has been added to the Miscellanea subsection. NWMap has been substantially improved over the previous version, so be sure to get this latest installment.

- Direct Links

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2018
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.