1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Smallville - any fans around?

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Bahir the Red, Aug 23, 2006.

1. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Personally, despite what people say about the show, I love it. Currently watching all the episodes on my computer, and I am hyped for the new season. Anyone share my opinion?

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Never seen it.

3. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

I'm a superman fan, so when "Smallville" came out I had to watch it. The first couple off seasons were interesting, seen as how Clark Kent first develop his powers. I really like it.

Now, the last couple off season I have miss, partially because it has lost the apeal to me, but also my time is much more limited to watch it and follow it. I might however try to catch again to see what has happen lately.

4. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I like it - I used to watxch it but then I kind of lost interest, but it is nsoemthing I will watch if my TV happens to be on (Yeah right)

5. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I don't like Superman, so I only watched a few episodes. The show ist not interesting enough, mostly because the main character is dull.

It has one of the cutest actrices, though. I absolutly adore Allison Mack. :love:

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Kristin Kreuk is more my type ;)

it's okay. I never followed it but I saw a few episodes.

7. Ironmancal2131

Ironmancal2131 Nice head, I think I'll take it

I used to watch it until the writers decided to make every episode the same. Every episode I watched, it always included someone ALMOST finding out his secret.

8. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Never heard of. It seems Superman has something to do with it? I don't fancy him that much.

9. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

It's just another teenager serie like many others, everyone is almost the same: young guys living large with no worries but with who I'm going to date tonight and bla bla...
    OC, Smallville, Dawson Creek, Roswell and the list continues... the only thing they change is that in one serie the star is Superman, in the other is an alien, in the other a famous... err...
    Some of these series (Smallville, Roswell...) seems to have good starts, like aliens with superpowers or fancy superheroes but after a few episodes all the 'new' ends and start to become the typical teenager serie.

10. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I'm addicted to almost any super-hero thingies and comic-book adaptations. So Smallville was a serie I followed and even liked.

But now that I've quit TV and my computer's such a piece of junk that doesn't even have an internet connection yet, and I don't own a dvd-player, I'm not watching any of that brain-candy, even if I wanted to. But if the opportunity to watch that serie would rise again, I'd watch it.

11. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I kinda like to see the development of Superman, with more and more of his background getting revealed, and him learning more about his powers. And the fact that they have pretty hot people on the show doesn't hurt either (even Tom Welling, in a very non-gay way)

12. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

if you're looking for reliability, that is utter crap though. pete ross and lana lang in smallville, yes. Chloe, who? lex luthor raised in smallville? please.

as sydax said, it is another "teenager series". not badly written and filled with attractive people and it appeals if you're into that kind of thing. i'm not a fan but i can enjoy it if i watch it. i'm more of a "House" fan though. I'm into stand-alone episodes and sarcastic wit :D

13. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Enag, i love House, my fav series on TV jsut now. I also love Smallville, cant wait for Series 6, even tho there is major diffrences between the Smallville storyline and the Superman storyline, i prefer the Smallville version.

14. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    @Dalveen: Yes, the Smallville version is better than the usual storyline of Superman. It makes him more of a person, but it does that especially to Lex Luthor.

@Enagonios: Here's what wikipedia says about Lex Luthor in Smallville:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.