1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Smoldering Section for Table 2

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Vandalore, Jul 26, 2001.

1. Vandalore Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Of the lot of you, when you die would you prefer to be cremated or buried (if you had a choice)? Or would you really care?

2. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] Valadore - you get the award for unusual topics . . . but you've got my interest.

My wife and I have really debated this. It seems that the whole "funeral" experience is more for the living than the dead.

Our final verdict was cremation. Less expense and more closure - no grave to visit every year or so.

I've been lobbying for a Viking style cremation with the floating pyre on a longboat :D, but I'll probably get the standard treament :(

3. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

I have actually planned my own kind of funeral, though I might not get it as it requires quite a lot.

I want to sit in a chair, have my stick in my hands, watching the sea from my little shed on the top of a cliffside on my own island. Ponder on the meaning of life, till I meet my eternal sleep

no ceremony, no digging or burning. Just fading away

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited July 26, 2001).]

4. BogiTheWaverer Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I'm also for cremation.
    1. I waste less place on the cemetery.
    2. I will not awake in a coffin when i'm seemingly dead.

3. I'm sure that no Ogre will nag on my bones. :D

5. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Creamate me too. Speeds up the to dust you shall return part.

6. Gash Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I am gonna get people to eat me when I am dead.

7. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

As I don't belong to an official religion, there is only one solution left: Cremation.

I, however, do not intend to die in this body....

8. Sprite Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I've asked to be thrown to the lobsters. It only seems fair.

9. Vandalore Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Actually I'm surprise on how many people chose cremation over being buried. Thanks Matheius for the compliment. Actually, I have a rhyme for my reason this time. My uncle is an undertaker, actually now he owns his own morge. I guess I've always been fascinated with death. It's not something that scares me but it's just intreging. I'm really into the skeletal structure. I think it's intricate and a well 'crafted' design. I don't mean to creep you out or anything, but it's kind of beautiful like a flower, yah know?

Personally, I'm with Lokken on this one. I just like the natural fade to black approach. Let me go into the world as I came out (circle balance whatever you want to call it). I don't entirely care if I'm preserved, but I believe it would be interesting to be dug up and studied or whatever by archeogists or even another society.. who knows they might learn something about our past. Documentation can be destroyed, especially since all our crap is on computers, skeletons can tell us so much about history. On an ending note, even though I believe when you are dead, you're body is just a shell and when you visit a gravestone, you are merely visiting what they used to be not their soul or whatever. But I feel people need these "stones" to help release the emotions we are afraid to express.

10. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] I personally would like to be buried in a tomb, like Cleopatra. Encased in gold an jewels, surrounded by lavish tapestrys and carefully carved statues. Maybe even some vialient group of heroes could attempt to breach the guardiens set to guard me and my heap of treasure. :D

But that is all probably wishful thinking and i will be burned to ashes and scattered to the wind. ;)

[This message has been edited by Kitiara (edited July 27, 2001).]

11. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] Kit - don't you already have hordes of adventures trying to do that???? :D :p

Anyways, you are the Great Goddess of Guilty Pleasures. They probably will build a pyramid for you in Whistler (so it can double as a ski resort) and fill it with millions of gold, freshly burned CD's.

12. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Actually, I don't care what will happen to my shell when I die.

13. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I plan on fading as well, only in a more extreme fashion. If you would like to see an example, watch Return of the Jedi.

14. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

i'm with ex, i dont care, but who would, you're dead for gods sake!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.