1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

So, about those pesky tournaments pt. 2?

Discussion in 'BoM Blogs' started by Register, Jun 15, 2008.

1. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Yeah, round two is now over and I must say I'm pissed; really pissed. Italy should have won that game with at least 2-1(one goal wrongfully called offside and a handball penalty being ignored) and they should be in second place with 3 points right now. Sweden loosing isn't suprising but the way they did it, with one minute left, leaves a bitter aftertaste.

Anyway, here's the predictions for the final round.

Group A:
    Portugal
    Czech Republic
    Turkey
    Switzerland

Comments:
    Nothing has changed since my last post.

Group B:
    Croatia
    Germany
    Poland
    Austria

Comments:
    A suprisingly poor performance by my countrymen led to Croatia winning the game and winning the group. I'm dissapointed in Poland's draw but I think that Poland will manage another draw against Croatia, leaving them with 2 points, while Germany win against Austria leaving them with 6 points. Croatia would have 7 and Austria 1.

Group C:
    Netherlands
    Italy
    Romania
    France

Comments: Italy didn't draw due to a poor performance; they drawed due to a horrible performance. By the referee that is. They should win against France and I think the Dutch will go all-out against Romania, winning against them with two or three goals. Those results would give the Dutch 9 points, Italy 4 points, Romania 2 points, and France 1 point.

Group D:
    Spain
    Sweden
    Russia
    Greece

Comments:
    Russia didn't play very well today, Greece just played worse. Spain played decently but Sweden played quite good. The problem is that Spain is still better when they're decent compared to Sweden when they're good. Final rounds should be a win for Sweden and Spain, leaving Spain with 9 points, Sweden with 6 points, Russia with 3 points, and Greece with 0 points.

Quarter-Finals:
    Portugal - Germany
    Netherlands - Sweden
    Czech Republic - Croatia
    Spain - Italy

Comments: Germany should win; they (almost) always do well in playoffs. The Dutch should win against Sweden but don't count Sweden out; Holland has a tendency to choke in the quarters. The Czech will most likely loose(yes, that's right) due to their poor form while Croatia is playing as good as they were back in '98 when they got the World Cup bronze. Italy will probably win against Spain. I know, it doesn't seem likely but Spain didn't play well against Sweden and they are the most choke-worthy team in the cup's history together with England.

Semi-Finals:
    Germany - Croatia
    Netherlands - Italy

Comments: Same situation as in 2000 when Italy and the Dutch met in the semi-finals. Italy will play ultra defensive and if they can contain Sneijder and Van Nistelrooy then they will have secured the win. If the Dutch get the first goal then they should win but never count Italy out. Very open game. Croatia - Germany is a very open game but I think it's actually Croatia that has the advantage here due to history(2-1 earlier in the tournament, 3-0 in the '98 World Cup).

Final:
    Netherlands - Croatia

Comments: The Dutch are favorites and should win against both Germany and Croatia. If the Italians goes through they could win against both Germany and Croatia but nothing's certain.

EDIT: I had misread the tables because it appears that two teams from the same group can't meet in the final anymore. Extremely stupid.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.