1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

So I broke into my neighbour's apartment

Discussion in 'BoM Blogs' started by Iku-Turso, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    There was a commotion in the hallway. First I didn't think much of it, but being the oh-so friendly neigbourhood stalker, I peeked the door eye to see what it was about.

There had been occasional hoboes about in the searching for shelter from the weather to doze off the effects of antifreeze or whatever they're junking their systems with and this might've been about that. Hoboes fighting in the stairwell of my home. Thrilling. Call the cops, oh my god somebody call an ambulance!

It wasn't. The neighbours' girl was hysterical, their apartment door was open. and there was a couple of other neighbours in there as well. Something was wrong. So I grabbed the keys, and headded to the hallway.

The smell of something burning greeted me. The stench had entered my apartment just barely, it was there, but I had probably shrugged it off as just something cooking. Wrong! Something was burning. The girl kept crying her eyes out. The people in the hallway had tried to get to the apartment, but the neighbour's door had the safety chain on. There wasn't that much smoke around though since the girl had broken their window already. I thought that maybe that wasn't such a smart move, if there was fire, it would get a burst of oxygen. Not good. They had called in the fire department, but it'd take time for them to come.

The girl's father was in there. That was probably the first thing my ears caught, that's what it was about. The girl's dad was in the apartment and there was something burning. Well. Ok. Let's get into the apartment then.

So I started to wrench the door open. They had already tried that, but had failed. I gave two tugs, assessed that I'd get the damn thing open and I did. The safety chain didn't break, but it was attached to the wooden door with a few screws. The wood splintered, the safety chain latch broke off from the door. Ok, we're in. The girl hurried in, it took a second of me thinking what I'm going to do next, but if there's a fire about I'd better get in as well. The girl rushed in with tears streaming from her eyes and shouted for her father. There was no answer. Aw sheet, I should've gone first in there the other neighbour's should've held the girl back, there was no telling what had happened and what was in there.

No fire. The neighbour had left something on the stove and that was what had caused the smoke. I took the kettle off from the stove and put it in to the kitchen He had started cooking and had passed out. Because of alcohol? Probably. Health issues? Possibly. Midlife crisis? Definitely, I had seen the guy a few times and he's not having the greatest time of his life. He's not that bad off, but does seem to have some problems with his drinking. Can't blame him, that could happen to almost anybody, getting laid off from work does that around here, especially for a lot of middle aged guys. He was allright though, considering the circumstanbces. Groggily he woke up to her girl's cries for her father. "What now?" he grumbled completely clueless. Allright then, that was that the situation was under control and the whole mess started to cool off. It took a couple of minutes more for an ambulance and the fire department to show up, the few people gathered had already cleared off and I stayed around for a few minutes more just in case if there was to be any questions or anything.

The girl's father didn't have a carbon monoxide poisoning. That was the biggest risk, although the rescue team guys said that the whole apartment might've been in flames in a matter of minutes. Well, good for him that his daughter came home early enough, otherwise no-one would've noticed a damn thing before it would've been too late.

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Wow, you get all the action :lol:
    Worst thing we have is some ass riding a trolley down stairs and setting off fire alarms.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.