1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

So, what's the first group you're gonna make in IWD2?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Kenshiro, May 20, 2002.

1. Kenshiro Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Well, I dunno about the rest of you, but I've been forcing myself not to make a Drizzt and Co. group in BG2/TOB, so for IWD2, I'm making Drizzt, Wulfgar, Catti-brie, Bruenor, Regis, and probably some Cleric/Mage to round out things. :)

2. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    I'll probably end up creating the same party I used for BG2/ToB (maybe with some race changes)

3. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
  4. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

For now, I have only one class definetly in the party. Cleric.
    Why? Check the difference with cleric's turn undead in 3rd ed and ad&d.
    And no, it won't be MC cleric.

For other classes I'm not sure, but I know that I definetly won't pick up monk nor pallie. Perhaps I choose to dualclass someone to those two classes, but...

5. Ragusa

Media:
    Indeed clerics are very powerful in 3e, however, I doubt the undead turning will be as important in IWD-2 as it was in BG-2 (mind the arguments for not including the undead slayer there, before they eventually switched over to 3e). I'm not sure if I will have a plain cleric or at least add about 4 fighter levels ...

My party will most probably consist of: strongheart halfling paladin, aasimar paladin of Helm or Ilmater, lightfoot halfling rogue, gold dwarf priest of Tempus or Lathander, elven fighter/ ranger (=archer) and a svirfnellin sorcerer/ mage or a bard.

No drow, no tieflings the first time ;)

6. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

If Iwd2 is like Iwd1, then you'll miss a whole bunch of dialogue without a Paladin and Bard somewhere in your party. Especially the Bard...

I'll probably try to fit in one of every class, and as many races that I can.

7. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

ej...another difference between the BG games and IWD is that the Bard Song rocks in IWD ... or at least it did with the HOW add-in. Regenerating hit points while walking ... how cool is that! That's the only time I've actually kept a bard in my party for the whole game!

8. Drur Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Drur - Moon Elven Male - Chaotic Good Fighter
    Strength: 16
    Dexterity: 14
    Constitution: 12
    Intelligence: 12
    Wisdom: 10
    Charisma: 12

Gavafein - Dark Elven Male - Chaotic Good Wizard
    Strength: 10
    Dexterity: 16
    Intelligence: 20
    Wisdom: 12
    Charisma: 10

Caeralaja - Moon Elven Female - Chaotic Good Fighter
    Strength: 12
    Dexterity: 18

Adaere - Human Male - Chaotic Good Cleric (Lathander)
    Dexterity: 12
    Constitution: 10
    Wisdom: 18
    Charisma: 14

Eden - Human Female - Chaotic Good Fighter/Rogue/Ranger
    Dexterity: 16
    Intelligence: 16

Rulghar - Human Male - Chaotic Good Fighter
    Strength: 16
    Dexterity: 12
    Constitution: 14
    Wisdom: 12
    Charisma: 10

[This message has been edited by Drur (edited June 02, 2002).]

9. Ragusa

Media:
    Yep, bards were cool in IWD and, though I bet no one will believe me, I'll perhaps even drop the halfling pally char for a bard char, who would be halfling of course :cool: Ah, who knows ;)

Probably I'll anyway end up like that: 2 melee-frontliners, 2 ranged-fighter chars and 2 support chars of some kind. But the second time through I'll probably build a party consisting of 4 chars only, I had good fun with this party size in IWD already.

10. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I'm still in love with my gnome ... Grab Bag the Indecisive!

Throw in a Paladin, Cleric, Sorcerer, Bard and something else ... and I'm set for life :grin:

11. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] I agree with ejsmith I will, as I did in IWD, try to have a balanced party of different classes and races.

I will definately have a cleric, bard and paladin. I may include a barbarian as my other front line fighter. Maybe a Ranger/Druid and either a mage or sorcerer. I'm still playing around with race, feat and skill options for each of the characters.

12. HeartOfDarkness Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I'm more like used to third edition pen and paper and I don't know how well they are going to transfer it so if it's really close this is how my party will be, halfling or tiefling rogue with one or two ranger levels , two half-orc barbarians with four levels of fighter, a dwarven cleric with four levels of fighter, a gnome sorcerer a half-elven bard with five or six levels of fighter, I just wish I had one more spot to add a wizard but c'est la vie

alternatively I'd replace the one half-orc barbarian with an elven wizard and the dwarven cleric would become a half-elf druid-fighter (same levels of fighter as with druid) as long as they have kept the druids wildshape ability

[This message has been edited by HeartOfDarkness (edited May 24, 2002).]

13. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Ok here's my first character i'll be making (not sure bout the party yet).

Zar
    Thief/Sorcerer
    Race: Not sure, probably tiefling since i like them or human for the extra feat.
    He will take invisibility as soon as possible and take all those feats which aid in backstabbing. In short he's going to be my invisible assasin (sp) who then casts haste runs away and throughs fireballs around. What do you think?

14. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

Don't really know yet...

Drur: Your cleric is CG, but Lathander is LG. Clerics can only be "one step" away from their deity alignment-wise. Probably of no relevance whatsoever, just wanted to let you know.

15. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Male Aasimar Paladin- Samarin Durhelm

Male Wild or Dark Elf Ranger- Keswyn Skymane

Female Wild or Dark Elf Thief- Tayna Skymane

Male Aasimar Sorcerer- Voran the Red

Male Half-Elf Fighter/Mage or Bard - Belden Silverflame

Male Gold Dwarf Cleric/Fighter- Faerus Stoneslammer

16. Being the resident Lathander expert, I must imform you that he is NG, not LG.

[This message has been edited by Sir Yerril of Morningmist (edited June 09, 2002).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.