1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Solo Fighter/Mage/Cleric In IWD

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Kill_Lexington, Mar 2, 2002.

1. Kill_Lexington Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I just started a solo F/M/C in IWD and I could use some hints on this topic.

Thormodr (Thanks to Mollusken) Level 1/1/2

18/94 STR
    09 DEX
    18 CON
    18 INT
    18 WIS
    03 CHA

I need some tips on weapons/armor for him.

2. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Challenging combo :) but I think you have all you need: healing, combat power and mage spells. You may only miss thieving abilities. With a dex that low you'll have a challenge to face: AC ;)Keep us up to date with your heroic news :)

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited March 03, 2002).]

3. Kill_Lexington Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Well so far it worked like a glove The Vale of Shadows was not that challenging. I agree I had to take turns returning to town and selling/resting due to the limited inventory space. When I finished the Vale I was:

Level 5/5/5

My STR is actually 18/95 not 94.

The reason for low DEX is that I can use Mage Armor to put my AC down. I got Colnan's (SP?) hammer but for now I still only have an Plate Mail and the Robe of enfusing as armor. I don't use the robe but when I go to Dragon's Eye the Wares change so I got It anyway.

Well Dragon's Eye calls.

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Kill_Lexington, why'd you post this in CS?
    It's for STORIES, and your posts hardly qualify. Moving to IWD.

5. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

[​IMG] I'm doing that right now on insane difficulty, after the Vale and the Temple I'm now levels 7/8/7, 15'000 exp to 7/8/8. A level in cleric seems to make the biggest difference, since I'm a melee oriented player I usually wear armor -> no mage spells.

One thing I hate so far: Despite an AC of -9, those Verbeegs hit me as soon as they roll 7 (D20)! What's that: THAC0 -6???

6. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Fighter/Mage/Cleric and Fighter/Mage/Thief are both excellent solo characters. I've played F/M/T (normal) to Lower Dorn's Deep and F/M/C (insane) to Kresselack's crypt. Currently I'm soloing single class elven cleric on insane difficulty. It is pretty hard, but clerics are actually very versatile characters. Especially turn undead + sanctuary combo rocks.

Getting good AC is also kinda easy, if you have Neutral Good character. My F/M/T had -12:
    Dex 19 +4
    Robe of enfusing +2
    Bracers of defense AC 6
    Ring of protection +2
    Shimmering sash +3 (usable by good characters)
    Red Knight's shield +4 (usable by non-chaotic characters)
    Helm of Lathander +2 (usable by good characters)
    Black wolf talisman +1

More important than good AC is to have protection spells like Mirror image and Stoneskin.

7. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

Ah well it just gets better and better: With "rightous wrath of the faithful" I now have 3 attacks per round - who cares about fatigue when I'm wearing the helm of the ever-so-trusted watcher!

Wrote myself a script for all those buff spells, basically I rest, press a key, wait 6 rounds and off Ramazzan goes :p hasted and all.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.