1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Some lyrics

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by Redemtion, Feb 5, 2004.

1. Redemtion Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Well what can i say?
    Back at SP, and its still looking good....anyway I used to come here, but i left some time ago..

One of my newest hobbies is lyrics, i just like writting lyrics, so i thought I'd post up some of my lyrics on here and see what you think, their nothing great, just what i write in my spare time...

My dreams

Nobody feels the same pain as me
    it's like somethings killing me, catastrophe
    I don't know if i can take it anymore
    Holding these feelings in the core
    The only time i feel safe at all
    Is when i'm dreaming of a faraway shore

Cuz in my dreams i find/everything
    In my dreams i can see anything
    And theres nobody to hurt me
    In my dreams i am truly free

Nobody sees the fears in me
    Its just too much insecurity
    In everything i do[i cant take it anymore]
    So i think I'll let it be
    And let the anger grow inside of me

But in my Dream i find everything
    In my dreams i can see everything
    As i sit alone under a crimson sky
    I keep on asking myself why

Its taken so much from me
    This obscurity/insecutity
    But somehow i find my peace
    In my dreams where love can cease

For so long I've walked around
    Carrying a scare of a silent sound
    Wondering every step that i take
    Is my life just a big mistake
    Cuz once upon i time i felt love for you
    But its just turned into pain a feeling that nothings true

Their my dreams/nobody else can have them
    Their my dreams alone/my precious gem
    Cuz only me they will heal
    and only i will feel
    Like theres nothing hurting me
    In my dreams thats where i wanna be

critisism awaited, please dont compliment me or fake like its good, do me juctise and speak your mind....

2. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

On the second line first verse, take catastrophe out because it doesn't fit. Also I'd get rid of teh third line in the thrid verse, because it doesn't follw the rhyming pattern with the rest of your song, you can either get rid of it, or add another line to fit it. Other than those, its pretty good.

3. Neverless Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Pretty Good. The rhyme scheme is a little shaky at times, but it works. Have you thought about putting the lyrics to music? :idea:

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

OK - if you want criticism: I found the timing of the lines to be a little out of synch. On some lines I expected one more or less syllable. For example, line 4 seems to be short of one syllable.

But that just could be the way I am reading it. It guess it depends if it is supposed to be poetry or a song.

Anyway, it is better than anything I could do. Is it supposed to be autobiographical?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.