1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Something to play...

Discussion in 'Playground' started by chevalier, Jul 4, 2003.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I'm no longer on current terms with gaming news, but it seems I'm going to sit here for three months with only brief interruptions. I think it's time to play something else than BG or IWD.

My brain is limited to roleplaying and strategy and my Old Man is limited by his Celeron 800, 384 MB RAM on old 100MHz bus, Riva TNT2 M64 and WIN XP (bad for oldies).

So, what games would you recommend?

2. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

First of all, i advice an upgrade. :D

That is if your bankaccount allows such a thing. After that, you should try something like Age of Mythology (IF you like RTS). If you prefer RPG above all else, Gothic or Arx Fatalis might be a nice change. And of course the almighty Morrowind. :D

3. Oxymore Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I'm not sure all of this meets your criteria, but anyway, here's what's in my mind right now:

The Nomad Soul. (RPG with some originality)
    Haegemonia. (on low details)
    Total Annihilation (for the multi)
    WarCraft III.
    Arx Fatalis.
    Blitzkrieg.
    Europa Universalis II.
    Fallout tactics.
    Ground control.

4. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Any fallout game (except tactics)
    Any Heroes of might and magic game, they're top notch

5. Ameorn Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Hmm can only think of one game right now: Divine Divinity a good RPG i think :)

6. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Hm I also strongly suggest Fallout I and II, some say they're even better than BG series.
    Also you can play Sid Meier's Civilization III or Alpha Centauri, they are great turn based games.

7. Vengeance Incarnate Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Final Fantasy 7 and 8 on the PC are good. I've played them on the PS and they're great games.

Deus Ex is a great game too. The thinking man's FPS(First Person Shooter). It is one of the few first person shooters that has great combat and an immersive storyline. You get to improve and build your character similar to the way you would in an RPG.

8. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Heroes og M&M is a must to play, you should also try Warcraft II. IMHO it's better then the sequel...

9. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    A month ago I bought the improved Battlenet edition based on Starcraft engine. I seriously consider going through single-player again. BTW anyone willing to play WC2 on Battlenet is welcome and encouraged to PM me :)

My brother has bought Fallout 2. Crappy as the Polish version is, it's still the mighty Fallout 2 I played ages ago. Let me just finish the present game of BG2, hehe.

Thanks, guys, you've helped me a lot. But don't hesitate to supply more if you have something.

10. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Yeah, well i'll just reccomend some that have been already mentioned and i feel that are truly great games as well.

Final Fantasy VII&VIII (just pick which graphics you feel looks better)

Heroes of Might&Magic 3 (Dont get the 4th, it just plainly sucks. And you might get it cheaper)

Gothic I is a nice RPG too. Easy to understand and formidable in gameplay. And you get a lot of freedom in the first half of the game. I reccomend the first one becouse really there is no other difference between the first and its sequel than another story. And again you cold get it cheaper

Sorry cant think of any more right now.... maybe later.

11. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

If you're looking for a strategy game, try the Close Combat series, a ww2 RTS without resource management. The last one was released in 2000, so you won't face problems with the requirements. In addition in "Close Combat II: a bridge too far" you can play with polish paratroopers in the battle of Arhnem.

12. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Heroes of Might and Magic 2 and 3 rocks. #4 is not as good. But not bad.

Fallout 1 & 2 are almost as good as the BG series.

Arx Fatalis sucks.

Enclave is pretty cool.

If you can find Final Fantasy 7 for PC, buy it and tell me where I can buy it.

Dungeon Siege if your computer can handle it.

Neverwinter Nights is pretty good. Still depends on your comp.

13. Ameorn Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] @Gothmog4230: How can you say that homm3 is better than 4?? The 3rd felt like something they didn't think through, they just released it to get some quick money. And it didn't feel like a Heroes game at all...

14. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Strategy?
    All Command and Conquer series
    Age Of Empires 1&2 + xp
    Ceasars 3(I haven't seen the other ones)
    Populus 3:The begining
    Warzone 2100
    Starcraft and Starcraft: Brood War
    Warcraft 2
    Sim-city
    Axis and Allies
    Soldiers at War
    Close Combat 1&2&3&4
    KKND2: Crossfire
    Panzer General 1&2

Action?
    Half Life and Opposing Force and Blue Shift
    Rainbow Six
    Delta Force 2&3
    Hidden and Dangerous + xp
    Mech Warrior 3&4
    Worms 2&3

Simulation?
    Combat Flight Simulator: WW2

RPG?
    Baldur's Gate and Tales of the Sword Coast
    Planescape:Torment(strangely enough I haven't played this one)
    Icewind Dale 1
    Diablo 1&2(may God make them RPG's)
    Heroes of Might and Magic 1&2&3

Adventure?
    Aztec:The Curse in the Heart of the City of Gold
    Myst 1&2&3
    King's Quest 8(this is pretty old): Mask Of Eternity
    Abe's Odyssey

[EDIT]I 'updated' the list [/EDIT]

[ July 15, 2003, 08:08: Message edited by: Alexander the Great ]

15. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

IWDI, IWDII, Baldurs Gate, BGII, Fallout, Theif, Morrowind, Everquest(only if you have 10$ a month to spend, and lots of time on ur hands) FFVII& FFVIII

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.