1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Song title and artist identification help

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Enagonios, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] hey guys, there've been a few songs that I've been hearing on the radio and I never seem to catch the title. So I tried recording some of their lyrics and searched them in yahoo and google but got nothing :( I was hoping maybe some of you guys would know them :)

Song 1:

another time
    another time
    oh there must be
    a hole in our memory
    but i can see
    but i can see
    a distant victory
    a time with you and me
    with you and me

this was towards the end of the song iirc. it sounds a bit late 80's to early 90's.

Song 2:

hush now, don't you cry
    wipe away that teardrop from your eye

and here's another segment from that song

so here it is, another chance
    wide awake you face the day
    the dream is over
    or has it just begun

i recorded this one quite some time ago so i'm unsure whether it's new or old :eek: but i'm guessing it's the same time period as the first one.

Song 3:

I can taste you on my tongue
    I can still feel what my hands have done

another segment:

what we have is a onnection
    we've got a front row seat to each other's affection

another segment:

my love glows when im with her and she flows like a river

this one is fairly recent i think :)

I have a few more butI think 3 is more than enough right now :D

I'd appreciate it if you guys could help me out :)

2. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
  3. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

whoa.. thanks a lot MoN!!! :)

how'd you get these? Did you recognize them yourself or run them through some sort of search engine?

4. War Nerve

War Nerve And it took me back to something that I'd lost

Here's a wonderful little trick I've learned, Enagonios:

Go to a regular search engine, type in a line or two of the lyrics from the song you're looking for, and type "lyrics" after those lines. You're brought to a page of the full lyrics along with the song title nearly every time. ;)

5. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

i tried that with these in yahoo and some in google, didn't work :eek:

6. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I took some of the lines you quoted that I thought you were sure they're right and googled it.

1) lyrics "dream is over" "has it just begun"
    2) lyrics "i can see" "distant victory"
    3) lyrics "I can taste you on my tongue"

I knew none of these songs. I had nothing to do and know how frustrating it is when you hear a good song and don't know the artist/songname.

7. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

ah i see. thanks MoN. I usually type the WHOLE line of lyrics in so no response comes out but I tried doing it as you suggested and it worked much better :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.