1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Songs that F*** you up

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by DarkStrider, Oct 30, 2005.

1. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

The Raison D'etre behind this post is cathartic in nature for me. I was watching a program earlier on E4 here in England of 100 Greatest albums as voted by the viewers of which the top 5 were

5. Dark side of the Moon - Pink Floyd
    4. Thriller - Michael Jackson
    3. Nevermind - Nirvana
    2. The Joshua Tree - U2
    1. OK Computer - Radiohead

But at 18 I think it was is an album I can't listen to anymore despite it been brilliant because it's too painful still.

In 1998 I was working in Belfast my best friend and I had bought Urrban Hymns by The Verve and two tracks in particular meant a lot to both of us Sonnet and Lucky Man. One evening I got a phone call to tell me he'd died so I flew home immediately and went to see his mum and brother which is when I found out he'd killed himself; at his funeral they played Lucky Man and I've never been able to listen to the album since.

My question is this is there a song/album you can't listen an if you can why ?

2. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I gotta say; Man this is freakin' me out, it's the third time in 30 min I see french words in a all english forum... I SEE FRENCH WORD

Err Let's see... Sweet child o' mine from Guns 'n' Roses was the song we listened my ex girlfriend and I the first time we kissed. And since this relation end up pretty bad each time I hear this one I think of her which is really annoying since it's a real good song. Meh.

3. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Rhapsody - Wings of Destiny

The memories this song brings makes my soul bleed...

4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Ack! Such a waste of a good song! :rolleyes:

As for me, I guess I don't have any songs that "F*** me up."

Sure, a lot of songs remind me of various tings, places, and people...but nothing bad. For example, I can't listen to Blink182 and NOT think about the endless hours spent playing 'GoldenSun' on GBA a few sumers back. :shake: :rolling:

5. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

There's not a song I can't stand to listen to in a relationship perspective, though the song picked as 'our song' will always be the song for that b/f.

Talk Dirty to Me by Poison for my first, older man (only by 4 years, so calm down).

Poprocks and Coke by Greenday is the song for hubby and me.

La Bamaba is a movie I refuse to watch, since it reminds me too much of my brother's death. :(

6. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

@Kitrax: Golden Sun is ****ing great. I'm currently playing the second (The Lost Age)

I totally dislike Metallica's song Eye of The Beholder for some obscure reason.

7. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    @kuemper, is that because you will always be there for him? :rolleyes: Good song BTW.

@DotW, that's one of my favorite Metallica songs!

Anyway, I did think of a song that "F*** me up"...the song 'Nearer My God To Thee', which is sung at most funerals kind of gets to me...just because it has been sung at almost every funeral I've gone to. :cry: :rolling:

8. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Gone Away by Offspring. They played it at a funeral of a girl I was dateing, now I can't listen to that song without thinking back to then. It sucks, but at the same time it's nice.

9. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Anything by Tool or George Michael just turns my stomach.

10. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Two Out of Three Ain't bad by meatloaf

11. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Just another day, by Jon Secada and the Hit-man by AB-Logic.

12. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

The Crawl ~ Placebo
    Drive You Home, You Look So Fine ~ Garbage
    Street Spirit, There There ~ Radiohead
    Wunderbar ~ Deine Lakaien

Whoever said that what doesnt kill us only makes us stronger knows nothing. Eventually one gets better though.

13. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    The Verve - The Drugs Don't Work

That song really is amazing, and reminds me of a lot of things. They're good memories, but I don't like looking back on them.

14. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Anything which is called techno, rap, hip-hop, so called pop stars, pseudo rock, so called "nu metal" (BTW there is no such thing and it's blasphemy to call it metal :mad: ). In fact everything that is on MTV these days.
    +latest Judas Priest album and many metal albums that were s*** (like later Theatre of Tragedy,latest Metallica album)

15. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

@undertaker that's more a list of what you don't like not what song f***s you up

16. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

But everything mentioned f***'s me up :mad: I don't have to name one song (and I don't know if I could).
    Note that I like classical music (Wagner the grandfather of heavy metal :D ) and few other musical genres not mentioned :p

17. Zurga Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

The Carnival is Over - The Seekers.

They where one of my dads favorits.

18. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I still can't listen listen to Tears in Heaven, even though it's been 7 years. Painful memories.

There's a few other songs that I like a lot, but can only listen to when I'm in a VERY good mood. Otherwise they tend to completely get me down.

19. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

July for Kings - The Distance

This was what I was listening to when I was on the beach and found out that my girlfriend had cheated on me that summer. The lyrics went something like:

It's been a long, long day
    fora sad, sad song
    our nights get cold
    as the summer moves on
    am I running too fast
    has my heart gone still?
    am I running too fast?
    Am I chasing the wind?

somewhat accurate and fitting for the time. when I hear it now it kind of pisses me off.

20. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    *My Immortal-Evanescence...many memories of a turbulent year. Now it's more like..."Hey, it's that song".

*Eternity-Robbie Williams... memories of some difficult moments that turned out to take me to the happiest period of my life. :)

Mushy songs, both of them. :shake:

[ November 01, 2005, 23:08: Message edited by: Uytuun ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.