1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sorcerers Chat (if you read this, it will make you more happy)

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Septic Yogurt, Dec 28, 2000.

1. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

The sorcerers chatroom is really unpopular, well, it can be really good when there are people there, but people don't like to look at the java client in a cumbersome Explorer window for an extended period of time, so get mIRC install it and follow the instructions following:

When the options window comes up (automatically) click the "Add" button.

For the name type PlanetZ (or something similar).

For the IRC Server, type this in: chat.planetz.net

then type in the nickname you want to use.

when you do that, click the thunderbolt icon at the top and you will see lots of text scrolling really quickly, ignore this. When the scrolling ends a box will ask you to enter a chat room or "channel" type in "sorcerers" (no quotation marks) and you will join the channel and it won't look godawful like the JAVA client.

I highly reccomend you do this, mIRC is quick to load and a small download, and the benefits of having it outweigh the ones of not having it (it takes up next to no memory).

AND if we can get enough people in the chatroom, I might get some kickback.

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Nah, the java client is ok. Just give it time to load and type /float once you're in the channel.
    It'll open in a new window and then it's the same as mIRC.

3. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

But it never reads my password and says it is always incorrect! So i get a gay name as guest_1997 or something similar!

4. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Sniper, is that in mIRC or the Java clien/crapallet?

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Sniper, then you're either entering the wrong password/wrong nick or didn't even register right.
    Drop by today at around 10pm (GMT+1) and I'll take you through the process.

6. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

sorry can't make it...i'm at a pub!

7. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Can someone email me this program? The MIRC? I can't download it from the pc I'm on...It's blocked!

Thanks in advance!

[This message has been edited by Sir Belisarius (edited January 08, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.