1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

SP party-meet?

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Enagonios, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I was just wondering: has there ever been a gathering of SPers IRL? Because I notice that while a number of us live in asia (though very spread out) Most SPers live in either Europe or the U.S. and there a fair number of Canadians and Aussies as well.

Just curious. I have only a few more terms of school left and once I'm done I think I'll be going somewhere in Europe to live there for a while and see what it's like (probably Spain or Italy, haven't decided yet so it may be neither of those and somewhere else :) ) and I thought it may be cool if we had an.. "SP convention"? :)

2. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

That would be cool. If anyone is in Montana give me a ring ring. I'm also going to Las Vegas this summer so if anyone is nearby gimme a ring too.

3. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Yeah, it might be nice, but it would require most people to fly, and do we really want to be away from the boards for that long? ;)

4. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    So long as there's a sports bar and lots of beer involved, I'm in.

5. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

So long as there's spirits, Mary-Jane and some vintage gaming, count me in.

6. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    I'd come. But Tal would have to bring a laptop so we could all random babble :lol:

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

To the best of my knowledge, I have never met anybody from SP.

8. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I'd like to meet other SPers. My traveling is limited for monetary reasons, but my usual flight path takes me to Chicago. I can say this (no, I'm not sucking up :p ), Felinoid is tops on my list. :thumb:

9. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

I'd like to meet others but I have a feeling I wouldn't stop hugging people especially Ara :p

10. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I'd be up for meeting people. Where are all the Greek SPers? I'll be there this summer.

11. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Hehe, kumper, you're just over the water from me! Although, my mother probably wouldn't want me to meet strangers, she already warns me!

And I've met Dalamar Maximus, he's my best friend IRL anyways. :)

12. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Not wanting to be negative, but I bet that there are plenty of people here who I like online, whom I wouldn't like if I met them in real life.

I'm even less tolerant of people in the real world than I am in here, so I wouldn't be a very nice person to meet.

13. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    How cute of you, Barms. :p

And I've met two. :D

14. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    What a strange thing to say!!

15. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Well, ive only met one so far, and thats KiltedCrusader, due to him being a good friend IRL :p

16. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    As long as the "convention" is held in Denmark, I'm in :p .

17. Harbourboy

Not really. Many of the comments on SP are funny because they are so crazy. Crazy people are usually just annoying when you meet them in real life. I'm sure most of you are really nice people, but I bet that some of you are probably a right nuisance in person! Just like me!

18. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I've met.... *thinks* 4 SPers, at least, offline. And I intednd to meeet many, many more :D

Most of these meetings have happened in conventions :D

19. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Why do I have a strange feeling I'm falling in that category?

I'd like to meet Undertaker (and of course Chev too) face-to-face but Poland is a bit far.

And I'm also curious to know if Dad would give me the damn Pagan holy symbol and the Tim Horton's cappucino. :lol:

Ara and Morgy if my travels bring me in Finland someday.

kuemp and empath if I ever set foot in Newfie territory.

There's a lot who I forgot, but I won't forget ya if my travels ever take me there.

20. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

We could meet in Wacken Open Air 2006 (if I get the tickets and few days off) :D

BTW me would like to hug Ara in RL :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.