1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Spider-Man 2

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Aldazar, Jun 24, 2004.

1. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Has anyone seen it yet? Has it actually been released anywhere yet? We've only got 6 days left in Australia before it starts and I'm going to try my best to see it opening day, first session. Looks pretty damn good from the trailer.

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

You will probably be the first to see it out of SP members then, unless there is anyone here who has been to a critics screening.

It opens in a number of countries (including USA) on 30 June, but not New Zealand (1 July here). Australia is one of the next countries to see the sun after New Zealand on 30 June so you should be first in line.

Enjoy - but I would go and buy tickets now if you are really that keen to see it first(just to make sure).

3. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

Seen it and definitely: :thumb: :thumb:

As good as the first if not better. And for those who care, if you stick around to the end of the credits, the final song played over the credits is Michael Buble performing a version of the TV series theme.

I actually shed a few tears during
    POSSIBLE SPOILER
    the stop-the-train sequence up to where Doc Ock takes Spider-Man from the train.

4. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Yeah, I went and sw it yesterday. It wasn't half bad. Better than the first, definately, but I found it a bit too angsty. It did have Bruce Campbell though. That was ace.

5. nior Gems: 24/31

It was awesome. I will definitely watch it again this week, hopefully the queue is shorter this time. And like aldazar, I had shed a few tears with the train-saving scene.

6. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

Did nyone else pick Stan Lee out of the crowd?

And I was definitely expecting Bruce to be in it, especially considering he had a cameo in the first one and that Sam had his brother Ted in both of them and also had Lucy Lawless in the first one. It's pretty obvious he likes working with Bruce and the Xena cast.

Anyone also want to take a stab at guessing who the villain/s will be in the next one? One's farily obvious from the end of number 2 but I've an idea who the second one will be if there's two. And my thoughts are in no way related to any gossip I've heard, I've actually had these two villains in mind since the first Spider-Man movie came out.

7. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Well, to start off I will say that overall I liked it. There were a few scenes that had me groaning and/or :rolleyes: but overall I would say that it was better than the first film.

Of course.

Bruce Campbell, the Raimis, and Rob Tapert (Lucy's husband-Xena producer) are all childhood friends who started out making home movies together so it isn't exactly a surprise that they tend to pop up together. If you have the chance to pick up Bruce Campbell's autobiography "If Chins Could Kill: Confessions of a B Movie Actor" I would strongly recommend it.

I actually hope that they put off that obvious one until number four - I think number three is just too soon. They included a couple of other classic spider-man villains' human alter-egos in the film. One of them I strongly doubt will ever become a villain in the films but the other would have to be a strong candidate for number three or four.

8. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31

I'm guessing that next movie will be the Man-Spider. The foreshadowing was there, if you read the comics or watched the cartoons, you would understand it. I heard a rumour that Bruce would be playing the Lizard Man, I don't know if thats substantiated, but it would be so damn great if he is.

My bet is that movie 4 will be the symbiotes.

9. JSBB Gems: 31/31

I actually thought that the power-loss was more of a take-off of the really old comic where Peter got the flu and thought that he was losing his powers rather than the man-spider storyline, but there are similarities. I never liked the man-spider storyline so I hope that they don't go there.

As far as the symbiotes are concerned, I actually liked the original alien costume story and the first couple appearances of Venom but the character got tiresome awfully quickly. I don't know what the comic books have done with the symbiotes during the last decade but quite frankly they rank fairly low of the list of villains that I would like to see.

I have heard that official sources have completely denied that rumour. I would imagine that the Lizard would be computer generated and given that Campbell didn't play Dr. Connors in #2 I really don't see them having him play the human role in a future film. Still, the Lizard should be an excellent fit for the movies.

I would personally like to see them continue to use the more classic villains (actually Venom probably qualifies as a classic villain for most people here - I guess I am starting to show my age ;) ).

I really think that Mysterio could be revamped into an impressive villain. The Scorpion is another character with good potential although I would say that some space between him and Dr. Octopus would be required. I just hope that they leave out the Kingpin and the Vulture.

I am curious, is there anyone out there who would actually be happy to hear that Spider-man would be facing off against the Man-wolf?

10. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31

They will have to leave out Kingpin. They already ruined him in Daredevil. I'm hoping that The Punisher makes an appearance. That would be rad.

11. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

Well, going by the rumour that they've only signed Tobey on for three, I'd have to say that my dieas on the villains for Spider-Man 3 (which at the moment begins filming in 2006 for a 2007 release) will be Green Goblin in his second incarnation and Lizard, with perhaps a hint at Man-Wolf if not Man-Wolf himself. If they do continue with the franchise, the guys I'd most want to see would be guys like Venom and Carnage, Vulture, Scorpion, and perhaps Electro.

Actually, just had a good idea for a plot twist if Tobey doesn't want to stick around for anymore after number 3 - The Clone saga adaptation with Peter retiring to be with MJ and Ben Reilly coming in to take over!!

12. Ancient Galatan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Well, i read there were 37 mistakes in the movie, 37 !!!
    That's just too much for a new block-buster.

13. JSBB Gems: 31/31

It depends on how serious the mistakes are. If they are the standard geek's list type mistakes then that is a fairly low number of mistakes for a movie. I have seen considerably longer lists for the Star Wars films, Harry Potter films, Lord of the Rings trilogy, Star Trek films etc. etc.

Even knowing that these errors are there I rarely notice them unless I am specifically trying to find them - and quite often I can't even find them at all. Oh look, the extra across the street's purse flips from her left shoulder to her right when the camera angle changes - who cares. :rolleyes:

My favourite would have to be Rumble in the Bronx - there was a huge list of mistakes published including the fact that there were mountains "clearly visible" in the background for some shots (the film was made in Vancouver, Canada) and there are no mountains anywhere near the Bronx. I have watched that film several times and I have never noticed the mountains. As Jackie Chan stated in an interview, if you are noticing the mountains then you really must not be being entertianed by the action in the foreground.

14. Whatever Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

37? Some blockbusters have 100+ goofs.

15. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

I only counted 27 listed on IMDB.com

16. nior Gems: 24/31

37 mistakes? Well Titanic only have 3:
    1. Jack
    2. Rose
    3. And 3 hours of them!

:D

17. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I saw this yesterday - And it was fabulous!! I liked it better than the first one! I think it's the best comic-book adaption movie I've ever seen! I don't know how close it is to the comic, because I didn't read Spider-Man very often, but I loved the old 60's cartoon. The graphics, the story (I even got a little misty eyed at the train scene!!!), everything was fantastic!

I'd love to see Electro, Venom, or the Rhino, along with the Hobgoblin in the third flick...It's be nice if Tobey and the rest of the cast would do more films. I think they have a great chemistry on screen!!!!

18. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

I think the reason that it was better was that, like with X-Men to X-Men 2, there was no need to take time to set up the characters or anything like that, so there was more time to play out the action and drama scenes, and with the actors who had previously been in the first one, they'd have already been somewhat comfortable in the roles and perhaps better able to add further dimension to each character. I certainly think Alfred molina was a great choice for Doc Ock.

19. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Jsst saw it yesterday(about time, you might say ;) ). And I think it was O.K. The one thing that "bugged" me was the very "Hollywood-ish" ending of the movie. It just seemed too stupid to me, sorry...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.