1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Spoilers request

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by LKD, Jan 25, 2010.

1. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

There are a few movies that I want some spoilers for, or barring that, at least some data -- I'm not finding anything useful on the net and would rather have input from those who were rich enough in terms of both time and money to se the films:

Book of Eli: Looks like standard post-apocalyptic crap, but I've heard rumblings of in interesting twist at the end -- the bottom line, WTF is the book and why is it so important? Is it worth seeing or is it another Waterworld?

Legion: Any substance or just generalized horror crap?

Up in the air: WTF is this film even about?

Daybreakers: See my question about Legion.

Extraordinary measures: worth it? Or a rip-off of Lorenzo's Oil?

And any other films out now that you want to recommend or warn about?

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    The book is The Book. Seriously. And yea, the notion of only 1 remaining in the US goes beyond science fiction. :shake:

3. pplr Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Up in the Air is about a guy who prides himself on having no connections with the rest of human society coming to have a few, or at least more of one than he may have before. I can describe it more if you want.

I think one of the multiple lines from him in the movie (at this point explaining to a younger coworker what they do) is "That we take people at one of the most fragile moments in their lives, and we set them adrift."

Its a character growth story about a guy who spends his career firing people (professional axman), acting caring when he does so, and fully having no intention of seeing any of these people again. Home to him is his suitcase, an idea he recommends for others.

4. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Tal, you mean it's a Bible? Sounds pretentiously silly to me. Am I wrong?

5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] You're not wrong :shake: It's that bloody subtle.

6. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    According to the entry about Gideon's Bible in wikipedia "close to 1.5 billion have been distributed since 1908" so it's really hard to believe that there would be only one left.

7. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Hey, I liked Waterworld! :)

8. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I didn't mind it, but it was almost universally panned. While I like Costner, he was not the man for that job.

Come on people, any comments on the other films I mentioned, or any others that are out now?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.