1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sports mp3 player

Discussion in 'Techno-Magic' started by Enagonios, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Just like the topic says guys, I'm looking for an mp3 player that I can strap onto my arm while I workout and, more importantly, when I jog and sprint. I don't really care about aesthetics so it can be ugly as sin and I don't need a large memory, 128mb will do just fine. Now, knowing this do you guys have any suggestions? I checked nike out but their cheapest one was $180 :eek: So just in case you guys were gonna suggest models costing $300 and the like, lets keep it as cheap as possible here :D Basically, I need it to be small/light, cheap and durable. Warranty doesn't really matter considering I live so far from where I'm going to buy it and customer service will only matter if they're effective on the internet, so it's got to last... any suggestions? :)

2. GrinninIdjut Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I have had a 256MB Rio 'Cali Sport' mp3 player for about 8 months now. It has decent sound and hasn't quit on me yet. They sell em' at Amazon for about $130 US. I'm sure that the 128MB version is even cheaper. It is also backlit and has a built in equilizer. It's not pretty, but it does what its supposed to do (so far).

3. Darkthrone Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I'd recommend the 256MB CreativeLabs Nomad Muvo Slim. Equalizer, FM band, very good sound quality (could be a tad louder). Extremely light - and unusual, pretty, slim design. Love that baby. I've seen it for 105$ at amazon.com.

Don't know 'bout stripping it to your arm, though.

4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Duct-Tape my friend...it works wonders!

The only Mp3 players that I could suggest to you do a lot more than just play Mp3s, and they cost a lot more too...so I'll keep my mouth shut as per your request. :rolling:

5. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

MPIO FL100

it has the arm stripping thingy, fm radio, 128mb, voice recording and it cost 1 penny under 100, how about that? The dimension is about 8cm x 4cm x 1.5cm

That's the one i have.

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I've actually already seen the rio cali and the nomad muvo on the net. I was thinking about the muvo but there were quite a number of negative comments about it's durability...

@teekc
    how long have you had it? do you use it while, say, jogging, with the armstrap? have you had any problems with it? I saw a couple of negative comments about its software and durability... but it actually looks like something i could get.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.