1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sports

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Mollusken, Jan 10, 2001.

1. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I've seen some of you are interested in soccer (go Liverpool!), and I used to play on a team until this week (practice 4 times each week became too much). Any other sports popular among this respectable bunch of RPG fans?

2. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] The only "soccer" team I've heard about is a team my friends in Chester like: Manchester United. I've watched them a few times, so if I have a favorite, it's them.

Otherwise, I am more of a hockey & Baseball fan, although I played american football through college.

Favorite Hockey teams: Philadelphia Flyers and the Montreal Canadiens.

Favorite Baseball Teams: Philadelphia Phillies and Boston Red Sox.

Favorite American Football Team: Philadelphia Eagles

Can you guess which professional sports city I'm closest to?

3. Wassup Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

The only time I watched soccer was the World Cup 1998. I didnt have any favorite team. We have a team here in Montréal. It is called "L'Impact de Montréal". They are not very popular, and I dont really know if there good or not.

But i really like football.

My favorites team is "Les Alouettes de Montréal" in the Canadian Football League. Great team!

I hate baseball and hockey. These stupid young players are more there for big cash than for the love of the sport. There's no more player like the Rocket!

Same for baseball, but it's seem to be worst.

For now, the only sport I do is skiing. Dont have time for anything else.

4. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31

I like football (not the body armour stuff)

Sunderland all the way.

5. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Aaah, skiing! That certainly is a great sport! Forgot to mention that one.

6. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Basketball and rugby for me.

7. Roghnaithe Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I like Football (North Anmerican or the body armor stuff).

8. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I'm into Soccer! Go VILLA go VILLA!

9. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I'm a hockey and football (CFL) fan (Oilers, Eskimoes). I like to watch most sports.

For participation, I belong to a volleyball league, I also like to play beach vb.

I also like curling. The debate is whether this is a sport or not. It's great being able to drink a few beers while competing. Take quite a bit of skill to be any good. Speaking of which, I'm in a bonspiel this weekend.

It's funny that some of the most popular sports in the world aren't followed here in North America. Soccer, field hocky, cricket, to name a few.

10. Sniper, you're from the UK and you said SOCCER!?! Traitor! ;)

Anyway, I'm into FOOTBALl (take note Sniper :)), and support Leicester. I also like to play cricket, although I'd rather watch paint dry than watch it on TV. Oh yeah, I also play basketball in my spare time, although I'm not amazing.

[This message has been edited by The Amazing Ooopah (edited January 12, 2001).]

11. hooligan_inc Guest

Cricket is a poof's game
    Rugby is a meathead's game
    Hockey is...pretty cool
    American Football: see rugby+body armour
    I'm too short for basketball
    Boxing is shite
    Snooker/Darts...yawn, not even sports
    Athletics...OK
    Tennis is for posh people (and my girlfriend plays it ahead of seeing ME. jeez.)

BUT

Football is the GREATEST!
    Mollusken, you RULE baby!
    Liverpool all the way!

Walk onnnnnnnnnnnnnn,
    Walk onnnnnnnnnnnnnn,
    With hope in your heartttttttt,
    and you'll never walk,
    aaalllllllooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnneeeeeee...

12. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Yeah mate, the thing is, i had to say soccer in case the American people confuse it with their version of rugby.

I reckon Football (USA style) is poofy! They play rugby but need armor...whats wrong? Can't take the pain? Neither can I! THATS WHY I DONT PLAY THE FRICKEN GAME!

13. Herf Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

[​IMG] rugby's brilliant!! it is so clas when u break peoples legs then you just point at them and luagh and then you can boast about it!! i cant believe the americans wear armour!! poofs or what?

14. Sniper Gems: 28/31

One of my good friend's friend had a bollock amputated cos someone stamped on it!

15. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31

/me thinks herf has never played rugby.

your only allowed to tackle people by bringing them down. (well, kinda)

16. Nightal Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I'm in footbal too (soccer)
    Feyenoord (Holland) for me and in England it is Arsenal!!!

17. Sniper Gems: 28/31

I reckon Ellis is a right prick! He thinks he can make success without sacrifices. I like JG as well...I hope he stays.

18. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I feel I must defend rugby. The mental discipline required to subdue an opponent at high speeds is difficult to attain. In a tackle, you aim to place the person on the ground, not to hurt him. A great deal of strength, endurance and skill is required. Ever try passing a rugby ball 10 metres while sprinting at full speed while your gargantuan opponent is bearing down on you? I'm short-sighted but can't possibly wear spectacles onto the field, Yet my passes are accurate and my tackles never fail, even against people 1.5 times my size. It's all in the concentration.

19. hooligan_inc Guest

And you're so modest too! (j/k)

Nah, being brought up in a family half of scousers and half of lancastrians means a love of any sport other than football is impossible.

Rugby, however is crap. I play it for school (prop) and I can't imagine a more boring way of getting the shit kicked out of me by my mates, other than maybe being tied to a railing and letting each of them in turn kick me in the testicles.

It stops far to regularly, you have to play in ball-freezing temperatures (at least in Lancaster you do) and the match always results in me being hours late home because of the showers.

Mind you, when you score you can howl to the sky, Ultimate Warrior-style

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.