1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Star Wars: Galaxies

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Sir Belisarius, Sep 22, 2003.

1. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Anyone playing this online? If so, how is it? Do you have to pay to play? What's the story?

2. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I'm playing it, it is the best MMORPG I have played to date.

It is set in the Galactic Civil War just after the destruction of the first Death Star.
    I don't know if they'll advance the story or not.

I don't remember the monthly fee :p

[ September 25, 2003, 02:53: Message edited by: jesper898 ]

3. Nocturnal Nomad Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I really want this game but my pc can't handle it :( . Better wait for Middle Earth online.

Ow, and about the prices:

4. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

It is pay to play. I'm not worrying about it for a few reasons.

1) I don't like pay to play, even if it is Star Wars.
    2) There's plenty of other good Star Wars games to play, not to mention other kinds of games as well.
    3) I may break down in the future once they have improved and come out with further expansions (that allow you to have your own ship, spacetravel, etc.) My thinking is let everyone else get in there and figure stuff out and get the bugs and kinks worked out so when and if I arrive on the scene, the tips and tricks and little whatnots have already been figured out and I just pick up on it. :tie:

5. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] You can't have your own ship?!?!?!?! What?!?!

That's just terrible! I think I'll hold out until they make it so you can have your own fighter, ship, or dare I say it: Star Destroyer!!! :eek: ;)

6. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31

I'm saving up money so I can buy an X-wing when the Space expansion comes out :p

7. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] I'd want a Tantive IV blockade runner! If I was playing Galaxies, I think I'd be a smuggler! Or an imperial tie pilot.

8. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31

I've actually thought about starting to play this with my roommate.

I'm still dreaming wet about my Dancer/Tailor/Teras Kasi -artist. It's a perfect configuration for a MMO. The dancer gives social abilities, neat animations and a perfect base for good social roleplaying in general. The tailor gives the ability to personally decide on my appearance and make whatever type and colour of clothes I'd ever want. It would also benefit my friends and further add to the roleplaying. While the Teras Kasi -artist abilities would give me what I needed to take part in some aggressive missions whenever the socializing would get boring. And since of course I would work my best to keep the martial arts ability hidden from others, it would yet again add do roleplaying.

SWG is the first game where this all is possible. The essential thing about a MMO is that it can't be just fighting, or just socializing. It's a place to spend leisure time, take it cool, or have some adventuring. And at last someone seems to have understood this. Although many of the features they promised would be in the initial version of the game, I've re-thought about my previous none too polite claims and come to a conclusion that if in a few months time I continue to hear as much praise as I have in the recent weeks, I will buy it.

9. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31

I can't wait untill people start becoming Force Sensitive :D

I wonder if I'm the only person who's been killed by a gungan :confused: :(

:tie:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.