1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Star wars: Sith - It's just a movie

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Chas, Apr 7, 2005.

1. Chas Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I just saw in the news. 7 weeks to go and people are already lining up outside theaters to get tickets. Just to see the first showing? Just to see a 2 hour movie? WTF, I don't get it. What is so bad about seeing it on day 3? Yes, the first few thousand that see the very first showing can talk about it first, but 7 weeks for that? Kinda reminds me of how stupid I feel standing in a 1+ hour line at Mouse World just to get on a 3 minute ride. What happens if the movie really blows. Like episode 1 did?

Oh well, back to something much more important than camping out at a theater - playing a video game from the comfort of my couch!

[ April 07, 2005, 13:41: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Think of it more as a social/community thing for Star Wars geeks. I myself am not "camping out" and if I don't get to see it opening night, I'll manage. My tolerance is within 3 to 4 days of it coming out I would like to see it, being as much of a Star Wars fan I am, but if some life pressing matter came up, I could wait.

But as to why people do it: because they get some sort of social need met by it. I don't put it down, nor do I uphold it for myself, but I do respect it. It's fun, but not necessary.

And yes Episode I did blow. It blew my Star Wars lovin socks off so much it's my second favorite episode to date, second to only Empire Strikes Back. :tie:

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Hmm, good question. It’s just being part of an Event. Because there are some things that you just can’t wait for. I remember queuing up to be first in to see The Two Towers when it came out so I could see it first. And I went to a 12:01AM showing of The Fellowship of the Ring just to be the first in the world to see it at a public showing.

Star Wars has been such an important part of the lives of people of a certain age so this becomes a big deal for them (er, I mean, us).

I can’t wait. All the other five Star Wars movies rocked so no reason to expect this one not to.

4. Newfie Banned

Call me crazy, but I liked the first one (minus Jar Jar Binks) but they definitely should have expanded on the history and story of Darth Maul. He was friggin' cool with that double bladed light saber and assassin tendencies. And the pod chase was fantastic. I think young Anakin stole the show though with a cast of Liam Neeson, Ewan Macgregor and Samuel Jackson so that doesn't say much for the script. The second one blew chunks though. As regards to the fans lining up: all in good fun and adds to the hype of the movie.

[ April 07, 2005, 17:14: Message edited by: Newfie ]

5. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Huh. And I thought young Annie was terrible, too. Different strokes, I s'pose.

The pod race was damned cool, though. The space battle where Annie accidently blew up the enemy flagship (after accidently getting in a figher, accidently turning it on, accidently achieving orbit, and accidently flying into the hangar bay), not so much.

6. Sticker Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I would't 'camp out', since I was a bit dissapointed by the previos two. I think Jar-Jar, Anakin (younger & older) and his mother were the worst actors I've seen in a movie of this budget. Also they relied too much on a-list actors who imho take away the personality of the character (, as opposed to LotR.)

7. Jhonka

Jhonka This is the face of Justice Veteran

I liked Episode I with the exceptions of Jar Jar and young Anakin (not really his fault, Annie had terrible lines). I'll admit that Darth Maul was cool, but I personally subscribe to the "Vader could whoop his ass any time" school of thought.

Episode II, with the possible exception of Jango Fett, can go die in a corner for all I care. :p

On the camping out, I think it's just absurd. No matter how amazing a movie might look, I see no justification in camping out to see it. Waiting in line for several hours, understandable. Weeks? Absolutely not.
    Hopefully Ep. III will lean back toward the roots of the series. I loved each of the first three movies, and Revenge of the Sith promises to be closer to them than episodes 1 and 2.

One last note: I'm not sure why so many people favor the Empire Strikes Back over the other two. Personally, my favorite is the first (episode IV for those of you looking at numbers :p ). Something about the space battle at the Death Star just always did it for me.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.