1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Starting up a new campaign...

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Lantus, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Lantus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Hey all. I am thinking of getting a campaign up and running. I just want some people to contact me if you think your up for it. My first time DM'ing on the net, so i'm not sure how it'll be yet. Also, mainly because of the live sessions and all, i would rather have a group of people from Australia, like me. Post back on here, or contact me on my e-mail.
    Doylie_000@hotmail.com

2. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Well - system? Setting? Any details at all?

3. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

If it's D&D3e?
    Sure.
    If it's playable in Sweden?
    Sure.
    If it doesn't have a set schedule?
    Sure.
    If it's not AIM play?
    Sure.
    If it's not play-by-post?
    Sure.
    If it's in mIRC?
    Sure.

4. Lantus Gems: 11/31

system? setting? sorry, i got no idea what you mean by that.

also, sorry sweden but im hoping for and all australian group.

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Aikanaro means:

What "system" will you be using (e.g. Dungeons & Dragons Basic Edition, Dungeons & Dragons v3.5, Pathfinder, Yuh Gi Oh Cards, Snakes and Ladders etc)?

What "setting" will the campaign taken place in (e.g. Icewind Dale, Waterdeep, Middle Earth, Pluto, Tatooine, behind the bike shed, etc)?

6. Lantus Gems: 11/31

Oh. my mistake!

I'll be using basic, i say basic, 2nd edition AD&D rules and it wil be set in a made up world

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Hey! 2nd edition AD&D isn't "basic"! "Basic" is that red box where there were only 4 classes (Fighter, Magic User, Cleric, Thief) and you always carried a backpack, a lamp, and a ten foot pole. Excitement, she wrote........

8. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Australian time... sounds good.
    Made up world... great!
    2nd edition... yuck!

9. Lantus Gems: 11/31

What's up with 2nd ed Rotku? Anyhow, are you in?

@Harbourboy

By basic i meant just the main rules you need, not any of that complex stuff. Less rules, more imagination, more fun... better RP'ing i think!!!

10. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Na, I can't stand 2E. Doesn't allow enough character customisation for my liking. The class system is to strict.

11. Lantus Gems: 11/31

Well sorry then Rotku. I'd be happy if you'll still play, but 2E is all i know, so it's your call!

12. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

2E is the only D&D version I know (with any great knowledge) too - and I think it sucks :p

*goes into used car salesman mode*

http://www.randomordercreations.com/thepool.html

This would be my system of choice for any ongoing game at all - though it is so different in how it works from any D&D system (from basic goal to actual play) that it may not interest you in the slightest to play it.

13. Rotku

*laughs* You certainly took your time Aik! If it was a more flexable thing like the pool is, I might think about joining, depending on the time of course.

14. Lantus Gems: 11/31

Rotku, check out Aikanaro's link and tell me if you've played it before or if you like the idea because it looks pretty good for an internet RP game! Thanks Aikanaro. Also, are you in or not Aikanaro?

15. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Drop into the chatroom sometime.

16. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Well, I am if it's using The Pool ;)

17. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I'll possibly be in, depending on times and stuff...and depending on your skills.

18. Harbourboy

Deathmage will be in, so long as there are no lethal training dummies that catch him unawares.......

19. Steeze Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] Im interested in playing the game lantus and im happy with all 2nd ed. so yeh.ill play.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.