1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Station Phoenix OoC

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Lantus, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Lantus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

[​IMG] Ok, I’m doing this again! Grrr! Oh well. Anyway, now I’m done mentally destroying myself…

The new RP is going to be modern/futuristic theme. Anyone seen Aliens? That’s what I’m aiming for. I am going to be the captain of a Recon team that’s been sent to a planet to find out why we lost contact with the workers there, blah, blah, blah…

The positions I need filled are mayhap (looks at Aikanaro again) more marines, maybe civilians. We are on a mission to simply check what’s going on, on this recently colonised planet. I will not, however, start the game nor post a character profile. Yet. Anyone interested please talk to me. Any questions, just ask. I hope to have Terthe, Aik, Sleepy, Rally maybe, Kilty and the others. Of course, all are welcome.

Well?

[EDIT:] Will make up a game name later. also want suggestions for that. :)

[ February 23, 2005, 06:35: Message edited by: Lantus ]

2. Steeze Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I'll join, my guy will just be a marine...
    /me dreams 'bout Halo.

3. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I need to talk (read: interrogate) to you about this in the chatroom, methinks...

4. Steeze Gems: 10/31

/me eggs on Aik

5. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

If any of the workers are alive and free, I wanna play one of them. I never saw Alien by the way...

6. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I might join as an explosives expert (in RL i really am a pyromaniac) :)

7. Lantus Gems: 11/31

Ok. So i have some peoples in on it now? Good. Aik... Haven't managed to grab you in chat, but i got your message. Beleive me, i'm trying and i took it all in ;)

[EDIT:] After talking to a certain someone.... I have decided to get everyone to give general character ideas in the Ooc post so we can 'meet' everyone. If anyone wants to be a worker on the planet, or any other character not in the main army team, contact me and i'll see what i can do as far as giving you details can go. Anyway, here is a summary of my character:

Kieran Jones is the captain of RECON squad Delta, and has been for many years. He is in his late forties, but is nonetheless a respected member of the army most of the time. Over all in his life, the marines of his small team come first. At any time would he risk everything to keep them safe, for the small squad is his only family.

Kieran has very, very short grey/black hair along with his dark eyes. His face looks old, older then he really is. But it never seems to matter to anyone who works with him. The captain is hardly ever seen without his field gear on, along with his khaki clothing.

Even though he is an older member of the army, Kieran always has his sense of humour. And his witty comments sarcastic jokes. Even in the face of danger, Jones has often laughed, literally, at the threat of death.

[ February 23, 2005, 07:03: Message edited by: Lantus ]

8. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

If it's ok, I'd like to join, Lantus. If you've been given a few pointers from Aik, there's a very good chance that this will be a good RP. I'll create a character whilst you consider letting me join.

9. el timtor Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Hey, all. If you want to PM me with some of the details I'll give it a go--if you'll have me. My attendance might still be a bit spotty, though...

And in regards to your other post, hey, at least you're trying to get something going. Ganbatte wa!

10. Lantus Gems: 11/31

*Laughs at Kilty*

Of course you're welcome, but don't expect a master-piece... :p

[EDIT:] I would like it very much that as you all make your characters, make connections to the other characters already created. Eg. Your character might hate, or love, my person, Kieran. For those people who are not on the marine force, and therefore do not know Kieran, please wait for my first post in which another character will be introduced who you will know. Make sure that if you want to be a worker on the planet, PM me, please. Thanks.

[ February 24, 2005, 08:19: Message edited by: Lantus ]

11. Buggo Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Hey Lantus, if its cool with you i'll join. I was thinking of maybe being a marine. I will post later with my profile when i have done it.

12. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

I did PM you So let me know :D

13. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Lantus: Is it possible for my character to be Kieran's Lieutenant, a sort of second in command? It's so he could have known Kieran for some time, since you're wanting relationships between the characters (and for a little bit of power! ;) ... or RP sake.). If that's alright, here is his bio (BTW, it may seem a little overpowered, but I was thinking about Rainbow Six and the sort of requirements the character's needed to join.)

Name: Chief Josef Arca

Josef Arca came top of his class in the marine Academy, rating high in Marksmanship, hand-to-hand combat and tactical combat. He came out as an ensign, but was swiftly promoted to Chief Petty Officer due to his high ability in the field as he spent two years in the marines. After his short spell in the marine corps, he was recommended to Captain Kieran Jones for his RECON squad, and has been serving there since.

Josef is a tall man at 6’2”, but lean and wiry. His body sports several scars from minor skirmishes and the hard training of the Academy. His hair is long – but has been braided and tarred due to Navy regulation. His hair and eyes and dark brown.

He is often a stickler for duty, and prefers not to leave a job unfinished unless lives are at stake. He has very rarely questioned orders and has always followed them out to the letter.

[ February 25, 2005, 10:37: Message edited by: The Kilted Crusader ]

14. el timtor Gems: 13/31

Veteran

Name: Tomas Cordoba

Primary MOS: Infantry(Heavy Weapons)

Secondary MOS: Demolitions

Sgt. Cordoba has been Delta Team's heavy weapons gunner since its formation. He is an expert with all heavy weapons in the Marines' current inventory. His preferred weapon is the M-241 automatic cannon.

Cordoba stands 5'10", and is fairly well-muscled (those autocannons are HEAVY). His black hair is cut very short (with a flat-top) and he has a neatly trimmed mustache.

He is very loyal to Captain Jones and Delta Team, and is often the one who looks after the younger troopers, both on missions and in garrison.

[ February 26, 2005, 00:02: Message edited by: el timtor ]

15. Lantus Gems: 11/31

Kilty, sure thing.

El, good job.

Buggo, sure thing.

Everyone, POST!

16. Steeze Gems: 10/31

Hoping someone will join as a main sniper, you'll see why. If not, might take that position. Also hoping to be one of the younger team members, if not the youngest.

Name: Damien Johnston(Link)

Primary: Infantry(Light)

Secondry: Sniper

Damien(a.k.a: Link) is the youngest member of the team, he joined the armed forces against his fathers wish. In fact this was the main reason he did it, he had never had a good relationship with his family and Delta squad is more important than anything to him. Acting as (one of?) the teams sniper(s) Link has a steady hand, and is, as they say, cool, calm and collected.

Link is short than most, about 5' 7", he is well built has a natural tan. He has green eyes and dark brown bottom-of-ear-length hair, it is very thick and messy. Has a tattoo of a scorpian on his right forearm.

Edit: If anyone knows of a site with list of guns and all that, perhaps you could post it to help out. Or shall we just make up stuff?

[ February 25, 2005, 09:03: Message edited by: Terthe ]

17. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Will make an attempt at a character tomorrow... *zombie look*

18. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

Allright my caracter wile be a female scientist on the planet named Floor. I'm waiting for Lantus reply PM, so I can post some more.

19. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I'll be a russian demolitions expert/maniac

Name: Yuri Percov
    NICKNAME: Pyro
    Primary: Demolitions (Bazooka and Grenades)
    Secondary: Flamethrower

Pyro is a very lightly skinned russian. Tall, well built, short, dark hair. He is a pyromaniac and is obsessed by big explosions. He has a lot of scars and burns on his face and body.

He gets along very well with his captain and is very sociable. He tends to piss people off with his manic 'fiery' ideas.

I'll be posting tomorrow.

20. el timtor Gems: 13/31

Veteran

@ Terthe

Try this one (assuming you're looking for a sniper rifle--a BIG sniper rifle).

www.barrettrifles.com

I'll post in a little bit--gotta do that work thing first...

[ February 25, 2005, 19:41: Message edited by: el timtor ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.