1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Steve McClaren

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Bion, May 4, 2006.

1. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Thought I'd edge out Barmy on this one. ;)

He'll be assiting Eriksson during the World Cup, then taking over afterwards.

So is he ready to lead the English side?

2. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Is he ****.
    I'd rather have you in charge mate.

3. Bion Gems: 21/31

I'd probably take you up on that. Would Ulrika, Nancy, Faria, etc be part of the package?

4. Barmy Army

Media:
    I wouldn't touch those 3 with yours mate!

A sad week for English football this.

5. Bion Gems: 21/31

C'mon Barmy, they're not so bad. Sven's pushing 60. And he's even a Swede. We should all be doing so well at 60.

Isn't McClaren supposed to be a wunderkind, turning Boro around and all that ('cept for the 7-0 vs Arsenal that is)?

But I guess the more immediate question is whether England has the depth to do without Rooney...

6. Barmy Army

Media:
    McLaren is a crap manager. He has a pretty good team at Boro, and they've been crap for years. They have got to the UEFA Cup final this year, big deal. They jammed it anyway.

He's placid, boring and about as tactically adept as a spoon.

We should have gone for Big Sam.

And no, we can't cope without Rooney. We'll do well to make it out of the group stage. Plus, if we do, we'll lose in the next round. Not enough going forward. Predictable without the boy wonder.

7. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Who are the Boro going to pick as their new manager now?

8. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Wait, last I heard, Rooney might be able to return after the group stage of WC, did I miss any updates?

9. Bion Gems: 21/31

That was before a second scan showed Rooney had fractured the metatarsel in two places, not one. Now they hope that sticking Rooney in a oxygen tent a la Jacko will make him heal faster.

I would guess English pubs are filled with amatuer podiatrists these days.

10. Barmy Army

Media:
    I can't remember the last World Cup where we've had a fully fit side. It always seems to be one of our main players who gets injured as well. Really annoying. Well gutted about Rooney not playing. Not just from an England point of view, but from a football point of view. He's made for this level. He'd light up the world cup he would.

11. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

O sheesh....please let him heal in time, otherwise we'll be hearing the Brits whining about how they would have beaten us all if he were fit for years to come. Once they get eliminated with on Rooney on their side, then they don't have any excuses left. :shake:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.