1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Strange lag with saved game, Need Help!!

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Syncoper, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Syncoper Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hi!!

I've been a frequent visitor to Sorcerer's Place for quite some time now...but have only today decided to join the forum...I need HELP!!

My notebook recently crashed but i've been able to save my precious Torment saved games...so i got my notebook back up and running but when i wanted to reinstall Torment, i discovered to my dismay that CD1(of the 4CD version) is cracked all the way through and my cd drive is not reading it. So i purchased a copy of the 2CD version(that's all that was available) reinstalled it and had to tweak the configuration settings thru wordpad to get to see the movies for the bits i've been thru.

Here's the problem:

The saved game works ok but there's a lag when the characters move from the left to right of the screen but not the other way. There's also a horrible lag during combat, dialogue and spellcasting. This only happens when i load the saved game and not when i start a new game. With a new game everything is fine and dandy.

I would really like to continue from where i left off, and hope someone could offer some much needed advice to solve this issue.

Thanks!!

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I don't think anything can be done about this... the savegames from the 2CD and 4CD version probably just don't work properly when used with the other version.

Welcome to the boards, and hopefully someone else might have a better solution for your issue...

3. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Possibly dumb question: Have you tried loading the saved game, saving it in a new file, and then opening the "new" savegame? Not that I think it will help, but it's worth a try.

Also, do you only have this problem with saved games, or have you tried starting a new game?

4. raptor Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

yes he have. Got no idea myself though.

5. Syncoper Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Thank you for your replies!!

Just an update: As I progressed from the area where the game was saved, I noticed the speed picking up a little, not by much though. It's still a pain to watch the characters run in 'slow-mo' from the left to right of the screen. Oh well....Annah in slow-mo...a possible 'Baywatch' influence? LOL

The slow down is worth it though to have the chance to experience one of the best stories in PC gaming...

6. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I've had slowdowns with PST (4 CD version) with some spellcasting effects, and most notably when the party teleports into an area using a portal. Everything slows down for seconds and then resumes. It's annoying, but I never could find what was wrong. My system's definitely not slow for the game, and tweaking with the options didn't help. Don't know if it's the same problem you have though, if you didn't see it until you got the 2 CD version.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.