1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

stuck in chap 4

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by johnnybr1, Nov 5, 2006.

1. johnnybr1 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

i have been given the task to kill the leader of the slaves, vera, but will not do it.
    i have to get kerish's key, but the salamander has disappeared.
    i have talked to the slave guys in the library, out of reach of the salamanders.
    when i get out of the compound area, i enter in chapter 5. is this normal?

2. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I'm a bit confused...

IIRC, chapter 5 starts when you get to the glacier, before you even meet the slaves and the salamanders. Also, do you mean the aquarium when you say the "compound area"?

There's only one item you need from the glacier, and that's with the frost giants. You don't need to bother with the salamanders and slaves, though it does get you some XP. You do need to get the engineering manual from the library though, and you can only get it if you've looked at the broken bridge in the southeast of the glacier map.

I don't know why Kerish (the head salamander) has vanished in your game. He should be on the right side of the aquarium. The way I always solve this part is look at the broken bridge, go into the aquarium and accept Kerish's quest, talk to Vera, talk to the slaves and get the engineering manual, get the key from Kerish (he'll hand it over willingly) and give it to the slaves, then go back up and kill the salamanders, before repairing the bridge and proceeding. That's always worked well.

3. Cal Yhringlor Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

You need, of course, a very different pattern of spells to fight the "fire monsters" of Chap. 6 ; but there is no structural impossibility to begin a little the Fire Zone, then return in the Frost Zone with Ice Salamanders, (and all that Ziad described).

... Are you SURE that it is chapter 5, and no 6, that you mean ? :hmm:

4. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

Kerish isn't outlined, he's just a common frost salamander. You don't get the "Kerish" description when you have your mouse pointer over his circle. Just try to talk to the salamanders, one will answer.

In my game I didn't bother with searching him, I just killed everyone.

BTW, you can pickpocket Vera and get extra experience if you talk to the Salamander near her. (not that you need each XP you can get in the game)

5. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

This, combined with Ziad's confusion, sounds to me like he went in too fast somehow and skipped the trigger that should advance him. Hopefully he hasn't done the 5->6 trigger yet, or he'd be pretty screwed. :bad:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.