1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Stupid accident of the week

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by BogiTheWaverer, May 3, 2001.

1. BogiTheWaverer Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] I have a huge blood effusion on the indexfinger and you will never guess why.
    It was a *blushes* very mean garlic squeezer that attacked me perfidious. :(
    Maybe i will loose this "Fool of the Day" feeling if you share some similar accidents. :)

2. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

:D

Well, I managed to slice up my whole palm while cutting a small bread (I held it up in my hand. Very smart). The cut was from the one side of the hand to the other, and it was bleeding all over.

[This message has been edited by Mollusken (edited May 03, 2001).]

3. Igneous Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] I was chopping big chunks of wood into little ones with an axe, and I managed to hit myself on the back of my head with the back of the axe. I never felt so stupid and never had such a terrible headache in my life.

4. One time I actually managed to almost cut off the thumb on my left hand while cutting bread.

Just had a fight with my sister and went to make myself breakfast. I cut the bread a little to agressive and next thing I know I'm in the emergency room.... :o

Have a really cool scar though

5. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Ok, this accident didn't hurt me, but....

Once I was fighting with another boy over a knife, We were like 5 years old at the time, so we bot started pulling in it. I was the one holding the handle.....

But the most stupid thing goes to one of my friends. We were drinking beer in has apartment, when he went to get a new one in the freezer. But instead of grabbing the handle to the freezer, he gets the handle to the refridgerator instead. He then pulls very hard while at the same bending over. Got 3 stitches in the hospital.....

[This message has been edited by Grovflab (edited May 03, 2001).]

6. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I picked up a soldering iron by the metal - I thought is was off the burn across my whole hand said otherwise.

I was testing some christmas lights for the towns decorations and found that the socket worked but was not shielded - quite shocking (sorry)

Most silly, I bent over to pick up a spoon I had dropped, gripped the spoon, lifted, then collopased with a bad back. I couldn't walk properly for nearly a week. No it was only a small spoon.

Looking at that lot, perhaps my biggest accident was being born in the first place.

7. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] I was cutting wood with a bow saw, as some friends of mine and I were going to have a bonfire. While I was sawing, the blade bound and I leaned all of my weight on the saw. It shot out of the board and in my surprise, I lifted up on the handle. I was in the emergency room a half hour later, and received quite a number of stitches in the back of my left hand.

The cool thing about it all, is that I can now tell you what tendons look like when you flex your fingers. ;)

8. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Igneous - LOL!! That happened to a friend of mine when we were kids. We had stolen some wood scraps from my dad and were building a 'fort'. He was hammering away, holding the hammer with both hands, then WHAM! He smacked the claw of the thing right into the back of his head.

But the best part of it was when he showed up the next day to continue building: wearing a bright orange football helmet! :D

9. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

This happened to me when I was 5 and my cousin 4 (female). She found my gradpa's small axe and hit me with sharp edge in my back! I still feel that pain sometimes when it's a bad weather...

10. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I was hoovering the stairs like a year ago, and was using the attachment thingy, and pulled the bloody thing down onto my head. :D

Hands covered in blood, I barely managed to persuade my mum not to call the ambulance. heh

I felt pretty dumb after that! :D

11. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] When I was five, I was at a parent/teacher meeting at school, and my parents were in the classroom with my teacher. I snuck out with a bobby pin and started sticking it in keyholes pretending I was super thief or something, then I saw an electrical outlet and said "oh goodie, wonder what will happen if..." SHOCK! Mom! Dad! My hand! AGGGGGGGGHHHH!

12. Dudette Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

i stabbed myself in the hand while trying to poke a hole through my earaser with a pair of scissors...

13. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I was in 5th grade I was at the community swimming pool on the diving board. I waved at my mom and dad so that they could see my wonderful dive! Then, I slipped off the board and hit my head on the pool and bounced into the swimming pool. Dented one of the two layers of skull against the other.

Doctors said I had dame bramage, but I don't know what that means!!!

14. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

This thread is hilarious! I just thought of something more I have done.

While relaxing in the living room of a cabin up in the lovely Norwegian mountains, I noticed the stuff my mother was sewing on was trying to find it's way from the table down to the floor. Fast ast anyone, I smacked my hand onto it, and there you go. Suddenly I had a big, fat neelde right through the hand. Quite an experience to slowly pull it out myself.

[This message has been edited by Mollusken (edited May 04, 2001).]

15. Slappy Gems: 19/31

Can we expand this to include Sports Injuries? Such as:

I was playing Rugby and mistimed a tackle. My head went down as his knee came up and helped my back teeth to bite through each other. The St John's Ambulance bloke kept asking if I was OK and saying I should come off. My claims that I was OK were somewhat contridicted by the bits of teeth and blood that kept being spit out. More worring though was when I finally got to the Dentist. She kept asking me to open my mouth wider, which was difficult what with the pain, bruising, swelling, etc. She then made some comment about me obviously not liking the dentist and being afraid to open my mouth. At that point I was unsure what use she was going to be for my teeth if she couldn't even notice the damage on the outside...

In fact, I started to believe that all female medical practicioners were sadists during my Rugby days. On another occasion I managed to find a deep divet in the ground as I was running full speed. The sudden twist and change ripped all the ligaments at the back of the knee (or whatever it is). The Nurse kept telling me I had to straighten my leg for her to examine it properly. Of course, I couldn't do this so she suddenly pulled it straight for me -aaarrrrrggh.
    On another occaison I broke a bone in my hand. No one would believe it was broken but they reluctantly agreed to x-ray it. When I struggled to place my hand flat on the plate, the nurse 'helped' by leaning heavily on it and forcing it flat - aaaarrrrghhhh. She had the decency to look a bit sheepish when she came back with the x-ray cleary showing the break. I always wonder wether it was actually broken before her 'help' though.

More recently (foolihsly trying to recapture my youth) I was playing 5 a side football (soccer) and pulled my hamstring badley (a month of physio). The Dr. I saw was recently back from consulting for the Arsenal (so I at least respected him) and decided to show me a new treatment for hamstrings. He stood up, leaned against the wall, stretched out his hamstring and started to bounce it up and down. Now bear in mind that mine was so painful that I couldn't even bear the weight of my leg on it sitting down........

Finally, as I've drifted off subject a bit. I do have a great deal of respect for most medical practicioners especially the kind nurse who was discussing various possible causes of my (slightly but nothing to worry about) high blood pressure. Fially after exhausting all the usuall causes she looked at me and said - 'you're not very tall for your weight are you.' Bless her.

[This message has been edited by Slappy (edited May 04, 2001).]

16. Viking Gems: 19/31

About 6 months ago I woke up in the night, needing the loo. Now as it was 3 o'clock and I know my house quite well, I thought I wouldn't turn the light on and wake up too much.

Mistake, the loo is downstairs, and I missed the top step. Down with a bang, jammed my arm between the wall and rail. Thankfully the rail gave in before my arm.

Still felt kinda stupid as i sat in a heap at the bottom of the stairs with the railing bouncing down after me and a very painful arm! Girlfriend wasn't too impressed with the racket either!

17. FenixStrife Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

ok, this didnt hurt me in any way, but its still pretty funny. I was putting together the set for the play, and I was having a lot of trouble using the screw gun, it took me about 5 mins to get the screw 3/4ths of the way in. At that point I realised that the gun was on reverse, I still get shit about that to this day.

--FenixStrife

18. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Heh, I can see why Fenix....remind me to give you shit about it next time I see you in the chat ;) Anyway, damn if my story seems tame now by comparison, but a couple of weeks ago I was shaving parmesan cheese with a vegetabe peeler at my restaurant. I had shaved a big block of it down, and I was almost done and only had a bit left. Well I kept shaving and the peeler slipped. Damn near sliced off the end of my index finger. It was rather gross with blood just pouring from the wound. The worst part about the whole thing is about 6 weeks or so ago, I had an employee do the same thing and I wondered how in the world he could manage to do something like that :) It's amazing how much damage a little peeler can do ;)

19. Slappy Gems: 19/31

Crawl, I seem to remember that you do a lot of pizzas at your place. I'm now worried, grating cheese (maybe onto pizza) cuts himself, blood everywhere, tomatoes are red, so is blood. I'm sure you woundn't but I've been to some places in my student days that I think would have been tempted ;)

On the grating and student theme, it reminds me of a bloke I was sharing a house with at Uni. He popped into my kitchen one day to ask if he could borrow a potato peeler. I said ok and pointed him to the drawer in the kitchen. A few days later I heard that he had been telling a mate that my potato peeler was crap and difficult to use. When he gave it back I found out that he had been peeling potatoes using my wire and roller cheese slicer. Scarily he went on to get a 2:1 honours degree.

20. This is VERY embarassing, but what the hell.....

A mate of mine had just got an air rifle, so me and a couple of others stopped over at his house. We were shooting just about all night, just tin cans and stuff though. Anyway, at about 7 in the morning, we were all freezing, so we decided to go inside and shoot from his window. The owner of the gun had just shot, and as it was my turn next, he rested the gun on the windowsill, for me to come and get. I went to pick it up, but must have knocked it off with my hand, and the gun fell to the floor. After, I felt a pain like a bad bruise on my hand, and came to the conclusion that I must have caught it on the gun somehow. But then a mate swore and pointed at my hand, and when I look at it, it was dripping blood.
    The jolt from the impact on the floor had somehow fired the gun into my hand. After swearing a lot, I went into the bathroom and washed it. I couldn't feel the bullet in my hand, so we decided to put a plaster on it and carry on. By this point I had gone into shock, and was sitting on the floor in a cold sweat feeling very sick. This paased evntually, so we went outside and carried on. After about an hour, my hand was still very painful, and had swollen up badly. We went inside, and as I was holding it, I felt a lump in between my 3rd and 4th knuckels. Shit. I went to casualty, and they X-rayed it. Sure enough, the bullet was in my hand.
    So I then had to have surgery to have it removed, which required 5 stiches. Apparently if the bullet had been about 5mm to the right, it would have snapped the ligament.
    I still have the scar to this day, and have the pellet on a chain :D!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.